Little League World Series

I know they backed up the fences 25 feet a few years ago, but does something else need to be done?  It seems like there are 5 or 6 homeruns every game I have watched. 

Does Little League need to take notes from College & HS and go to a BBCOR type bat?

Guest ECBucFan
No. When you see a lopsided score, its much more likely it was a talent miss-match than any problem with bats or field depths.

The games between strong teams with strong pitching can easily be a 3-4 or 2-1 nail biter. Besides, who wants to rob the thrill of a young man who just hit a HR on the world stage? Thats a lifetime memory I would not want to take away. 

I just watched the piece on the team from Uganda. They are the first team from Africa to ever make it to the LLWS.  Listening to their stories and experiences is what LL and sports in general are all about.  It was pretty awesome so see how some of the other teams have taken to them and wanted to help.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1248079" timestamp="1345558911"]
No. When you see a lopsided score, its much more likely it was a talent miss-match than any problem with bats or field depths.

The games between strong teams with strong pitching can easily be a 3-4 or 2-1 nail biter. Besides, who wants to rob the thrill of a young man who just hit a HR on the world stage? Thats a lifetime memory I would not want to take away.
[/quote]

I agree with you, ECBUC.
When you have USA or Japan playing Uganda, or similiar, it is just going to happen.
Even Regionally within the USA you can or will see a huge difference in talent.
We are fortunate down here in Houston and Golden Triangle area. We get to watch some of the best high school talent in the nation, the world for that matter.....in every sport.

Guest ECBucFan
I felt a little bad for Oregon. There was a stadium full cheering wildly for Uganda, except the few Oregon fans.
No offense towards Uganda, they are good folks and I am glad they celebrated a historic win, but it was sad to see Oregon kids cheered against on U.S. soil, JMO.  :-\

[quote name="SETX_RENEGADES" post="1248341" timestamp="1345586369"]
[quote author=Glad11 link=topic=101801.msg1247783#msg1247783 date=1345490989]
Japan over San Antonio
[/quote]

Mexico in a close game over San Antonio
[/quote]

Mexico is pretty good, but I don't think they can hang with Japan's pitching. No matter what, it's been a great series so far.

It's just too bad there isn't a local team that could make it all the way.

Guest TX_RENEGADES
[quote name="2 Sons Playing" post="1248456" timestamp="1345605739"]
[quote author=SETX_RENEGADES link=topic=101801.msg1248341#msg1248341 date=1345586369]
[quote author=Glad11 link=topic=101801.msg1247783#msg1247783 date=1345490989]
Japan over San Antonio
[/quote]

Mexico in a close game over San Antonio
[/quote]

Mexico is pretty good, but I don't think they can hang with Japan's pitching. No matter what, it's been a great series so far.

It's just too bad there isn't a local team that could make it all the way.
[/quote]

True, Japan needs to go through Panama today though.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1247809" timestamp="1345492884"]
I know they backed up the fences 25 feet a few years ago, but does something else need to be done?  It seems like there are 5 or 6 homeruns every game I have watched. 

Does Little League need to take notes from College & HS and go to a BBCOR type bat?
[/quote]

There has been 6 hr's hit in the first 4 innings of this championship game.  I feel like I'm watching slow pitch softball.  In the American championship yesterday the teams combined for 40 runs and 7 hr's!!

I have a theory about all the homeruns..just a theory mind u. All those new Easton bats that are handed out to all the teams at the WS are hotter than they're suppose to be. Way too many kids of avg size and swing mechanics just flat out killing the ball, with several of the HR's going over 300'. When every kid watching the series on tv sees this, they immediately decide they need that bat when it comes available..it's a grand marketing scheme, and obviously a very profitable one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn