Dayton/Friendswood Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

What game were you watching. Friendswood did not score the one td pass they had waz called back for an inelgible down field and that was their second tesm offense avainst our second team defense. Dayton had over 400 yds of offense mainly on big plays and friendswood rarely gog past the 50. You think friendssood is undersized go look at one of bh practices.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest octfeb
[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1246612" timestamp="1345260068"]
Let me clear things up before all these Dayton folks get on here and start telling you about 3-rounds deep and all that non-sense.  Friendswood did score when they started playing, and Friendswood looked very bad and very small.  That being said, Friendswood's O and D line man-handled Dayton the entire scrimmage.  Dayton's back-up QB /RB (McBride) is their best player.  He is still fast as lightning and hard to get a hand on.  The new QB (#10) is fast in the open field, throws a less than average side-arm ball.  Would not be shocked if he ended up playing receiver again and mcbride take the starting QB spot.  McBride's weakness is his passing ability, which should not be much of an issue since Dayton lacks quality receivers. 

Now to the defense.  Well, Dayton needs one.  Virtually no secondary and their "BIG" line got spanked by a small friendswood.  Like Forest Gump said, "That's all i got to say about that". 

Yes it's early, so I am sure they get better, or at least they better.  Well off to our beating by a Mexian team.  Ok Dayton fans, start your bashing...... ;) ;)
[/quote]so when is your beating

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1246612" timestamp="1345260068"]
Let me clear things up before all these Dayton folks get on here and start telling you about 3-rounds deep and all that non-sense.  Friendswood did score when they started playing, and Friendswood looked very bad and very small.  That being said, Friendswood's O and D line man-handled Dayton the entire scrimmage.  Dayton's back-up QB /RB (McBride) is their best player.  He is still fast as lightning and hard to get a hand on.  The new QB (#10) is fast in the open field, throws a less than average side-arm ball.  Would not be shocked if he ended up playing receiver again and mcbride take the starting QB spot.  McBride's weakness is his passing ability, which should not be much of an issue since Dayton lacks quality receivers. 

Now to the defense.  Well, Dayton needs one.  Virtually no secondary and their "BIG" line got spanked by a small friendswood.  Like Forest Gump said, "That's all i got to say about that". 

Yes it's early, so I am sure they get better, or at least they better.  Well off to our beating by a Mexian team.  Ok Dayton fans, start your bashing...... ;) ;)
[/quote]Wait a minute, Dayton with no defense?? cmon Smoking Baby.  ;D

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1246628" timestamp="1345260652"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101725.msg1246616#msg1246616 date=1345260263]
In the live portion....

Dayton      14
Friendswood 7
Final
[/quote]when did frienfswood score. They never kicked off once.
[/quote]

I saw the game you obviously missed.  Ya, Dayton dominated the controlled part of the scrimmage, but it was pretty even during the live part.  To answer your question, Friendswood caught a 64yd pass and was run down at the 4.  The next play they punched it in with a HB draw, with about mins left.  Dayton took the lead again with like a minute to go on a 70yd pass.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1246660" timestamp="1345262640"]
If your talking about when they rsn the one live quarter friendswood did not score. Friendswood never did anything but punt they never kicked off all night.
[/quote]

Ya they scored on a run to the left.  You really didn't see that? 

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1246663" timestamp="1345262830"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101725.msg1246660#msg1246660 date=1345262640]
If your talking about when they rsn the one live quarter friendswood did not score. Friendswood never did anything but punt they never kicked off all night.
[/quote]

[/quote]me and everyone I sat with didnt see it. Also dayton didnt score in the last 2 min. Friendswood punted with abou 2 minutes left and our guys ran into each other. After that dayton just basically ran out the clock.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1246673" timestamp="1345263160"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101725.msg1246663#msg1246663 date=1345262830]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101725.msg1246660#msg1246660 date=1345262640]
[/quote]

[/quote]me and everyone I sat with didnt see it. Also dayton didnt score in the last 2 min. Friendswood punted with abou 2 minutes left and our guys ran into each other. After that dayton just basically ran out the clock.
[/quote]

You must have left early

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1246673" timestamp="1345263160"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101725.msg1246663#msg1246663 date=1345262830]
[/quote]

[/quote]Friendswood did score after their long pass to the 4yd line then next play ran around the corner for a TD. Dayton looked good for their first scrimage with good speed we have alot of young skill players that will really shine this year. #18 McBride sophmore (I think) is going to be something special the last play of the game he threw a 70 yd td. Friendswood QB has a great arm and is good QB.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1246695" timestamp="1345264966"]
The format for this scrimmage was way different than usual dayton scrimmage. I thought the game was over after one quarter of live play.
[/quote]

You gotta stick around till the teams shake hands.  I'm gonna try to make the Nederland scrimmage too.

It's FW a team that's always had our number and played well but not quite good enuff tonight.First things 1st Smokin sit near me but can't judge size cuz he's Ant Mound miget material.Dayton seemed a little out of sync but expected that somewhat w/1st contact of another color.FW can throw/can't run.For those wondering the future the 9th & JV was a rout of FW.Lost count we scored so many times on long runs.7 scores for 9th-8 scores jv to FW 1 & 1.Wondering about Carranco's leg well he dang near booted a fg kicking off from the 40 as normal w/o wind help.Ball aired over 75 yds ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086