Dayton/Friendswood Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

Before everyone gets excited about beating a FW team in a scrimmage, this was not the Friendswood of old.  They were small, and slow.  No lineman over 6'1 on the oline and they used to be giants there.  Dayton's offensive line was much bigger than FW but did not dominate like they should have in running the ball.  Dayton will be fine in the district that we play in.  A much better test for the offense will be Nederland next week. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco.football11" post="1246726" timestamp="1345289704"]
Before everyone gets excited about beating a FW team in a scrimmage, this was not the Friendswood of old.  They were small, and slow.  No lineman over 6'1 on the oline and they used to be giants there.  Dayton's offensive line was much bigger than FW but did not dominate like they should have in running the ball.  Dayton will be fine in the district that we play in.  A much better test for the offense will be Nederland next week.
[/quote]

At least one Dayton fan saw the same game Brenham and I watched......  As for Nederland, Dayton better strap their helmets on.  Nederland has a defense.  Offense is a bit suspect, but the Nerland Defense is going to kill Dayton's O-Line. 

Revised Prediction:

1st SC
2nd BH
3rd Crosby
4th Dayton  ;)

I thought dayton scored 5tds and friendswood had 1. While dayton does need some work on certain things like holding onto fhe ball I think dayton was clearly the better team. Holdibg friendswood to 1 td in like 5 quarters of play I will take that. Also this is the team that beat wos last year and four of their losses were to angleton pearland dawson lm and manvel. So I wouldnt look to much into their record last year. All the things smoking baby is saying about dayton is what I was thinking about bh last year when they nursed a 7-0 lead against lumberton at the end of the first half. Teams get better and this one will be fine.

Guest September23
A lot of mixed reviews, and some suspect analyzing.

A good friend of mine was there, and he stated several times, that Dayton is having their way (with the starters in).

I believe hands down, this is a year Dayton contends very well. Something like a 2008 season!

Guest octfeb
[quote name="September23" post="1246805" timestamp="1345302329"]

A good friend of mine was there, and he stated several times, that Dayton is having their way (with the starters in).

I believe hands down, this is a year Dayton contends very well. Something like a 2008 season!
[/quote]well not sure dayton was having their way.... need to work on protecting the qb he was running to get away from fw way to much... but im sure it will come together it was just the first scrimmage.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1246836" timestamp="1345307389"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=101725.msg1246801#msg1246801 date=1345301538]
Where's the Some creek posters replies,c'mon dudes you were seen @FW ;D
[/quote]
There supporting 19-4A ;D
[/quote]
Not spying at all ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1246649" timestamp="1345261784"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101725.msg1246628#msg1246628 date=1345260652]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101725.msg1246616#msg1246616 date=1345260263]
In the live portion....

Dayton      14
Friendswood 7
Final
[/quote]when did frienfswood score. They never kicked off once.
[/quote]

I saw the game you obviously missed.  Ya, Dayton dominated the controlled part of the scrimmage, but it was pretty even during the live part.  To answer your question, Friendswood caught a 64yd pass and was run down at the 4.  The next play they punched it in with a HB draw, with about mins left.  Dayton took the lead again with like a minute to go on a 70yd pass.
[/quote]

Sure was nice to finally meet you BrenhamFan.  By the way, who was the guy behind you with the ruffled feathers?

Guest octfeb
[quote name="oldrock" post="1246852" timestamp="1345308680"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101725.msg1246649#msg1246649 date=1345261784]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101725.msg1246628#msg1246628 date=1345260652]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101725.msg1246616#msg1246616 date=1345260263]
In the live portion....

Dayton      14
Friendswood 7
Final
[/quote]

I saw the game you obviously missed.  Ya, Dayton dominated the controlled part of the scrimmage, but it was pretty even during the live part.  To answer your question, Friendswood caught a 64yd pass and was run down at the 4.  The next play they punched it in with a HB draw, with about mins left.  Dayton took the lead again with like a minute to go on a 70yd pass.
[/quote]

Sure was nice to finally meet you BrenhamFan.  By the way, who was the guy behind you with the ruffled feathers?
[/quote] The guy wearing is true colors, yellow.... LOL JK

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1246838" timestamp="1345307491"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=101725.msg1246836#msg1246836 date=1345307389]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=101725.msg1246801#msg1246801 date=1345301538]
Where's the Some creek posters replies,c'mon dudes you were seen @FW ;D
[/quote]
There supporting 19-4A ;D
[/quote]
Not spying at all ;D
[/quote]
Showing support for the district. Couldn't wait to see some live football.

[quote name="September23" post="1246805" timestamp="1345302329"]

[/quote]

I believe you were misinformed then...  Call this suspect if you want, but I know what I saw.  The Dayton freshman & JV teams absolutely dominated, but I wouldn't say the same for the varsity.  Don't get me wrong, they did look better than Friendswood, but Friendswood looked horrible asside from their QB and D-line.  Dayton couldn't keep the ball in their hands to save their lives.  I counted 6 fumbles and they lost 5 of them.  The best thing I saw on Dayton's part was the tackling and route running.  They swarmed the ball and wrapped up on defense, and the WR's took advantage of the 10 & 15 yard cushions the Mustang DB's were giving them.  When the ball was thrown their way the Dayton wideouts caught it just about every time.  Dayton's speed was very impressive, but the O-Line struggled pretty bad.  The Bronco QB was running for his life occasionally, and with him swinging the ball out there like he was, Dayton will continue to have turn over issues if that problem isn't addressed.  This team has potential and good coaching so I'm sure they'll sort things out.

[quote name="oldrock" post="1246852" timestamp="1345308680"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101725.msg1246649#msg1246649 date=1345261784]
In the live portion....

Dayton      14
Friendswood 7
Final
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was nice to meet you too.  I'm not sure who that guy was, but I want to thank everybody for the hospitality.  I had a good time catching the game and talking football with everybody.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1246931" timestamp="1345318343"]
[quote author=September23 link=topic=101725.msg1246805#msg1246805 date=1345302329]

[/quote]

I believe you were misinformed then...  Call this suspect if you want, but I know what I saw.  The Dayton freshman & JV teams absolutely dominated, but I wouldn't say the same for the varsity.  Don't get me wrong, they did look better than Friendswood, but Friendswood looked horrible asside from their QB and D-line.  Dayton couldn't keep the ball in their hands to save their lives.  I counted 6 fumbles and they lost 5 of them.  The best thing I saw on Dayton's part was the tackling and route running.  They swarmed the ball and wrapped up on defense, and the WR's took advantage of the 10 & 15 yard cushions the Mustang DB's were giving them.  When the ball was thrown their way the Dayton wideouts caught it just about every time.  Dayton's speed was very impressive, but the O-Line struggled pretty bad.  The Bronco QB was running for his life occasionally, and with him swinging the ball out there like he was, Dayton will continue to have turn over issues if that problem isn't addressed.  This team has potential and good coaching so I'm sure they'll sort things out.
[/quote] Good analysis Brenham Fan always a class act !

I think the assesment of our team last night was about right. I will say though that this was the first scrimmage and dayton will clean up their game. The offensive line will be very good as the season goes on. The reason our jv look so dominant is at least 2 of those kids will be on varsity by the time district starts. One more thing dont judge daytons chances on a deep playoff on what you saw last night. Dayton is usually a slow starting team and we have alot of young talent that will continue to improve.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1247001" timestamp="1345324393"]
I think the assesment of our team last night was about right. I will say though that this was the first scrimmage and dayton will clean up their game. The offensive line will be very good as the season goes on. The reason our jv look so dominant is at least 2 of those kids will be on varsity by the time district starts. One more thing dont judge daytons chances on a deep playoff on what you saw last night. Dayton is usually a slow starting team and we have alot of young talent that will continue to improve.
[/quote]

I won't, nor have I ever.  I've been around the game long enough to better than that.  It's early and a lot of things will change throughout the year.  I don't think you're aware of the credit I give, or the respect I have for Dayton.  I'm well aware of the "Bronchos" and have been for a while.

I dont doubt you or your intentions. I also appreciate the fact you came out to see the game that alone shows you have respect for our program. I also agree that chambers carries the ball like a loaf of bread but that will be fixed and there is no doubt he will be a good qb who can take it to the house on any given play. I was just making a point that almost everything you pointed out was fixable.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1247013" timestamp="1345325899"]
I dont doubt you or your intentions. I also appreciate the fact you came out to see the game that alone shows you have respect for our program. I also agree that chambers carries the ball like a loaf of bread but that will be fixed and there is no doubt he will be a good qb who can take it to the house on any given play. I was just making a point that almost everything you pointed out was fixable.
[/quote]

I agree completely.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont