Scrimmage: Manvel @ Brenham Updates-

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1246289" timestamp="1345226493"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=101704.msg1246282#msg1246282 date=1345225557]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=101704.msg1246266#msg1246266 date=1345224732]
Sounds like Manvel won't last to long in 5a! 8)
[/quote]

Manvel needs a little more disciplene.  They killed us at just running plays.  They scored on HR ball after HR ball.  Once we got to the live 15 mins, they scored on yet, another HR ball.  [b]It was pretty even, but we were driving and got down around their 35, but ran out of time[/b].  They will be just fine in 5A, and will be getting better and better.  That freshman they had is something else, and I was really impressed with the Maverick WR's. 

5A's #12 team & 4A's #11 team end in a 7-7 tie.

Hook-a-hay!!!  Lol
[/quote]

You sir are the prime optomist....for sure......LOL  Manvel was probably wore smooth out from catching TD passes by the clock-timed portion.....LOL  How many incomplete passes to completed passes did Brenham have?  Dude, you got to pull those green shoes off, it's burning your brain cells...... ;D ;D 

Reading that was like watching Liltex swim against Michael Phelps in the 400 meter.  ;D
[/quote]

They are just alot deeper than us.  Our 2nd and 3rd string couldn't come close to theirs.  Once we both put all of our cards on the table though, things leveled out.

Atleast we got the QB thing figured out.  The first guy was inc pass after inc pass.  The second guy made plays.  He played most of the live portion.

Go Cubs!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1246302" timestamp="1345228118"]
So what's your overall assessment for Brenham's team this year?
[/quote]

A down year for the Cubs, but still no worse than 8-2.  They could possibly go 9-1, but if I were to bet on it, i'd say 10-0.  My expectations are only that high because the rest of the district is a little watered down as well.  This is a very young team, but they will be together by the playoffs.  I'll say 3rd round loss to Terry.

[quote name="KellyGreen22" post="1246306" timestamp="1345228289"]
So which QB was the 1st string and which was 2nd??  *Mod edit- that was uncalled for *
[/quote]

Stark was first string, but after today I think he lost his job.  He didn't look very composed, and his passes all fell short.  The 2 other QB's played well, but I'm not sure what their names are.  The black guy looked especially good.  He was responsible for all of the big plays and drives.  He was most effective running the bootleg.  IMO, he just won the job and will be the starter come week 0.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1246304" timestamp="1345228215"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=101704.msg1246303#msg1246303 date=1345228169]
[quote author=SoftballDad8 link=topic=101704.msg1246262#msg1246262 date=1345224599]
So wait....Manvel is pretty good?  Sounds like a first round loss for La Porte or PAM.

8)
[/quote] ::)
[/quote]exactly
[/quote]

You guys will see....

4A>5A
;D

[quote name="MAVFAN10" post="1246313" timestamp="1345229523"]
Good luck to Brenham this coming season. These scrimmages the last few years have been good tests for each team.
[/quote]

No doubt...  I think we got the better of y'all 2 years ago, last year was about even and this year y'all got the better of us.  I don't see things changing much for y'all in 5A.  If you're good, you're good, and I feel y'all will be successful reguardless to what classification y'all play in.  Good luck this year!  I'll be pulling for y'all to bring back a title.

[quote name="SoftballDad8" post="1246262" timestamp="1345224599"]
So wait....Manvel is pretty good?  Sounds like a first round loss for La Porte or PAM.

8)
[/quote]

Man please, it was a "SCRIMMAGE"!!! I dont care how you sugar coat it, its still "JUST PRACTICE"(in my Allen Iverson voice)...You guys should be worrying yourselves with that Sept 7 match up with North Shore which would makeu guys 1-1 after two games!!!

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1246333" timestamp="1345232241"]
[quote author=SoftballDad8 link=topic=101704.msg1246262#msg1246262 date=1345224599]

8)
[/quote]

Man please, it was a "SCRIMMAGE"!!! I dont care how you sugar coat it, its still "JUST PRACTICE"(in my Allen Iverson voice)...You guys should be worrying yourselves with that Sept 7 match up with North Shore which would makeu guys 1-1 after two games!!!
[/quote]

"We talking bout practice...  We talking bout practice, man...  Not a game...  Practice!"

North Shore will be a good test for the Mavs. One thing is for certain Coach Martin will have the Mavs ready to go. The coaches and players are excited about moving into 5A and there are some great teams you have to go thru, and they are up to the challenge. Good luck to all of your teams and this is a great forum to participate in.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1246325" timestamp="1345231095"]
Brenhamfan you might have to beat dayton to get to terry.
[/quote]

In the words of my buddy Liltex, Lawd....Lawd...Lawd.....I know he didn't just go there.  ;D ;D ;D  You need to get to the playoffs first there purple..... ;)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1246340" timestamp="1345232961"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101704.msg1246325#msg1246325 date=1345231095]
Brenhamfan you might have to beat dayton to get to terry.
[/quote]

In the words of my buddy Liltex, Lawd....Lawd...Lawd.....I know he didn't just go there.  ;D ;D ;D  You need to get to the playoffs first there purple..... ;)
[/quote]yeah I guess daytin might not make the playoffs but I wouldnt bet on it.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1246237" timestamp="1345223034"]
Curious who the 2 and 3 QBs are for Manvel. They have a freshman that is supposed to be pretty good.
[/quote]RHBoiler all the QB's looked pretty good McCarley (1), Kahn (2) and Hemphill (3 Freshman QB/WR)... Nothing against Brenham, but it was pretty dominant performance.  About 10 TD's to 2 in total.  We had four Defensive starters out (Edmonson, Keylon, London, and Garner).  As for Brenham, I think they got their starting rolls backwards at QB, but they are competitive and will be good once again.  Hopefully both teams will stay healthy and continue to improve.

SMH @ Coach West!  According to the Banner Press, the Brenham QB race is still wide open....  (not sure how)  :o
It says not to be surprised if we are still using a 2 QB rotation in week 0....  ::)
I'm not sure why he thinks the QB race is even close.  IMO, the soph Walter Thomas looked way better than the other 2.  The junior, Erik Yeager didn't look bad, but not near as good as Thomas.  The senior, Stark, was just flat out hard to watch.  Last year, Stark was the back up on varsity, Yeager was on JV and Thomas on the freshman team.  I will be shocked if Thomas doesn't secure the starting job before district play.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1247252" timestamp="1345354565"]
SMH @ Coach West!  According to the Banner Press, the Brenham QB race is still wide open....  (not sure how)  :o
It says not to be surprised if we are still using a 2 QB rotation in week 0....  ::)
I'm not sure why he thinks the QB race is even close.  IMO, the soph Walter Thomas looked way better than the other 2.  The junior, Erik Yeager didn't look bad, but not near as good as Thomas.  The senior, Stark, was just flat out hard to watch.  Last year, Stark was the back up on varsity, Yeager was on JV and Thomas on the freshman team.  I will be shocked if Thomas doesn't secure the starting job before district play.
[/quote]I would be shocked as well.  That kid looked pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="SoftballDad8" post="1246272" timestamp="1345225100"]
PAM should probably split those schools back up and chase 2A and 4A trophies.  With Katy, Manel, and Steele in the picture...they don't have much of a chance.  Feel bad for Titan nation today. 

:'(
[/quote]hmmmmm..........let me check something out here cause this sounds like like another "new" member of the site today

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder