4A Team Prestige

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1245740" timestamp="1345139632"]
Well 5 of course  ;) But in all seriousness, Montgomery has been a playoff contender for the past 5 years including a deep run to the 4th round. We've been in the state spotlight quite a bit lately (including state rankings) and have become more well known. That should up our prestige. Beating Dawson was probably the signature moment that I would use as an example of Montgomery's success and recognition. Plus we beat the pants off of 4* Crosby the past 3 times we've played. Gotta be higher than them  ;)
[/quote]crosby beat montgomery in 09 so I dont think yall beat crosby the last 3 times you have played.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1245754" timestamp="1345141061"]
[quote author=texasaggie link=topic=101664.msg1245751#msg1245751 date=1345140443]
Actually Yes. Twice in '10 and once in '11. So Yeah. 3 times. 56-30, 42-21, 49-28  8)
[/quote]didnt know yall played 2 times in one year. Good job.
[/quote]

Yeah we never forgave them for beating us in 09 so we reminded ourselves of that game all 3 times we played afterwards. We still felt we should have beat them in 09 so we had to exact revenge over and over again.

[quote name="PinoNDN" post="1245755" timestamp="1345141179"]
@Brenhamfan As an avid NCAA player, i really commend you on this list sir. Very good idea and better execution.
[/quote]

Thanks.  I enjoy doing stuff like this.  I'm a huge fan of HS football & also an avid NCAA player.  I tried to explain it to the best of my ability for those who havn't played, and don't know what I'm talking about.  I'm sure lots of people don't agree with me, so that's why I want feedback and opinions to make it as accurate as possible.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1245740" timestamp="1345139632"]
Well 5 of course  ;) But in all seriousness, Montgomery has been a playoff contender for the past 5 years including a deep run to the 4th round. We've been in the state spotlight quite a bit lately (including state rankings) and have become more well known. That should up our prestige. Beating Dawson was probably the signature moment that I would use as an example of Montgomery's success and recognition. Plus we beat the pants off of 4* Crosby the past 3 times we've played. Gotta be higher than them  ;)
[/quote]

You make a good case, but I try not to base things just on one game either way.  The talent y'all have put out recently has been impressive, and there is no doubt about it, y'all are on the rise.  I guess this makes this season pretty defining.  I know y'all are rebuilding, but you get a (5) Angleton, (6)Dawson & (6) Brenham, to make a point.  That will either make or break a young team like Montgomery.  Personally, I think y'all will be ok.  Not saying yall will win those games, but I think they will make your team better.  I'll move it up to 5 for now.  Still very close though, and IMO could go either way.

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1245777" timestamp="1345144265"]
Realistically we probably won't be 5* material after this year, but the Leroy era and last year's team definitely merit a 5*.
[/quote]

I don't think 1 or 2 down years changes anything. (unless it's a drastic drop off for 2 years)

I also don't think 1 good season brings a team up a whole notch.  It would take a little time.

[quote name="dayton" post="1245638" timestamp="1345130383"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=101664.msg1245578#msg1245578 date=1345126112]
From our district I would bump LCM down to a 2. No playoffs in the last 5 years.

Also Tx City is probably a 3...What have they done the past 5 years? Not sure they have even made the playoffs. [b]And Terry?[/b]I would swap Dawson and BHam. Dawson gets a knod for the D1 recruits, but No Title game yet. By that same assessment, BHam has the D1 recruits and a title game appearance.
[/quote]

Terry had a heck of a team in '08 when we played them on the way to the finals. They also gave lamarque a scare or two in the past couple playoffs. They always have a pretty physical D and O and  a lot of good athletes. I can see why he put them up there.
[/quote]

Terry has probably had the worst luck in 1st round playoff matchups over the past few years. Since they are 23-4A, they always play 24-4A in the first round. Angleton (was Dist 24) in '09, Manvel in '10 and La Marque last year. And Terry gave all three [i][b]very [/b] [/i] tough games. 24-4A D2 (and overall) is much weaker this year than it has been in the past few years, so expect Terry to blow past the first two rounds. A third round match up against Dayton would be an awesome game.

With two of the top recruits at their positions this year (6'6" Derrick Griffin at WR and Victor Davis at DB, both A&M commits), I think they deserve the 5.

[quote name="RHBoiler" post="1245897" timestamp="1345159615"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=101664.msg1245638#msg1245638 date=1345130383]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=101664.msg1245578#msg1245578 date=1345126112]
From our district I would bump LCM down to a 2. No playoffs in the last 5 years.

Also Tx City is probably a 3...What have they done the past 5 years? Not sure they have even made the playoffs. [b]And Terry?[/b]I would swap Dawson and BHam. Dawson gets a knod for the D1 recruits, but No Title game yet. By that same assessment, BHam has the D1 recruits and a title game appearance.
[/quote]

Terry had a heck of a team in '08 when we played them on the way to the finals. They also gave lamarque a scare or two in the past couple playoffs. They always have a pretty physical D and O and  a lot of good athletes. I can see why he put them up there.
[/quote]

Terry has probably had the worst luck in 1st round playoff matchups over the past few years. Since they are 23-4A, they always play 24-4A in the first round. Angleton (was Dist 24) in '09, Manvel in '10 and La Marque last year. And Terry gave all three [i][b]very [/b] [/i] tough games. 24-4A D2 (and overall) is much weaker this year than it has been in the past few years, so expect Terry to blow past the first two rounds. A third round match up against Dayton would be an awesome game.

With two of the top recruits at their positions this year (6'6" Derrick Griffin at WR and Victor Davis at DB, both A&M commits), I think they deserve the 5.
[/quote]

Oh I know, trust me.  They are very deserving of that 5.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami