Faircloth upbeat over PN-G practices

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard this all before. Faircloth's first year here, we weren't even supposed to make the playoffs - it was going to be a "rebuilding" year. Then we stormed through a flawless regular season, rolling over predicted district champion Vidor and making a miracle comeback to beat a vaunted Central team, to lose in the playoffs to the far more talented eventual state finalist by a touchdown. The year after that, we lost four of our first five games by a combined sixteen points and people were saying we'd finish seventh. Then we turned around and went three rounds deep in the playoffs, falling to another more talented team in another highly competitive game that we were predicted to lose by a country mile, all as the last Southeast Texas team standing.

If there are two things I've learned in watching Texas high school football, it's that you can never put too much stock in predictions, and you can never count the Indians out. We'll go to the playoffs - there is no doubt in my mind. Will we be the district champions? I wouldn't put it past them, but I don't think so. Will we be district runner-up like we have been the last two years running? The stats sure make it hard to believe. But this PN-G team won't go down without a fight and we will make the playoffs. Count on it.

Go Indians.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1245403" timestamp="1345071670"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=101631.msg1245399#msg1245399 date=1345070588]
From what I heard, you were beat on the mailboxes.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]by whom? Nederland?  ;D
[/quote]

Nope  ;)

[quote name="outanup" post="1245411" timestamp="1345074153"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=101631.msg1245405#msg1245405 date=1345072005]
good post..........

..............but no playoffs this year. best of luck come bball season  8)
[/quote]LOL!!!!!!!! you got me with this one Scooter...
[/quote]lol  ;)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1245404" timestamp="1345071694"]
I've heard this all before. Faircloth's first year here, we weren't even supposed to make the playoffs - it was going to be a "rebuilding" year. Then we stormed through a flawless regular season, rolling over predicted district champion Vidor and making a miracle comeback to beat a vaunted Central team, to lose in the playoffs to the far more talented eventual state finalist by a touchdown. The year after that, we lost four of our first five games by a combined sixteen points and people were saying we'd finish seventh. Then we turned around and went three rounds deep in the playoffs, falling to another more talented team in another highly competitive game that we were predicted to lose by a country mile, all as the last Southeast Texas team standing.

If there are two things I've learned in watching Texas high school football, it's that you can never put too much stock in predictions, and you can never count the Indians out. We'll go to the playoffs - there is no doubt in my mind. Will we be the district champions? I wouldn't put it past them, but I don't think so. Will we be district runner-up like we have been the last two years running? The stats sure make it hard to believe. But this PN-G team won't go down without a fight and we will make the playoffs. Count on it.

Go Indians.
[/quote]Great post!

Well james I see you are still alive . Call me and we can discuss the bet you have in mind. Ned may win but it won't be by 14 lol you must have bumped your head. This is between me and scooter just don't see png making playoffs. Don't care if it is just barely, win and in I'm fine with. But a lil tid bit of info I'm 2-0 on my bets one of them with you the other with soulja1, if I could get scooter to bet I would be 3-0. Like I said call me and we can talk I would love to add another notch to my scorecard. Lol btw I'm fine with your stipulations but my stipulation is ned will make the playoffs but won't get past the semifinals since all you designer muttpuppies think that y'all are invincible and this is your best shot.

Well said Bamakid! PN-G seems to be the underdog every year. That's obviously the case on this message board; however there are others that beg to differ:

http://lonestargridiron.com/tag/port-neches-groves-indians/

We will all see when district play starts. This will be an exciting season!

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1245611" timestamp="1345128694"]
Well james I see you are still alive . Call me and we can discuss the bet you have in mind. Ned may win but it won't be by 14 lol you must have bumped your head. This is between me and scooter just don't see png making playoffs. Don't care if it is just barely, win and in I'm fine with. But a lil tid bit of info I'm 2-0 on my bets one of them with you the other with soulja1, if I could get scooter to bet I would be 3-0. Like I said call me and we can talk I would love to add another notch to my scorecard. Lol btw I'm fine with your stipulations but my stipulation is ned will make the playoffs but won't get past the semifinals since all you designer muttpuppies think that y'all are invincible and this is your best shot.
[/quote]Let's just make it simple, my bet is Nederland wins district this year, PNG barely, just barely, makes the playoffs, I really think they wont make it but I'm saying they will, barely.

Why would I honestly bet whether or not y'all will win district , you have 19 starters coming back. That is foolish in my book. Why don't you just take scooters bet since you think png won't make it.  I have ned pegged for district won't find no arguement there. But as for png we only have a few starters coming back on either side of the ball, an unproven QB, An unproven Runningback, a stout offensive line and a few on defense. Any normal person would say we didn't have a shot at all, but we do have a hell of a coach and just that alone is enough to get us into the playoffs.

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="James Mosley" post="1245643" timestamp="1345130720"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=101631.msg1245611#msg1245611 date=1345128694]
[/quote]Let's just make it simple, my bet is Nederland wins district this year, PNG barely, just barely, makes the playoffs, I really think they wont make it but I'm saying they will, barely.
[/quote]

So you are saying barely...  correct?  Barely...  just barely... barely making the playoffs, barely?

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1245753" timestamp="1345140845"]
[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=101631.msg1245643#msg1245643 date=1345130720]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=101631.msg1245611#msg1245611 date=1345128694]
[/quote]

So you are saying barely...  correct?  Barely...  just barely... barely making the playoffs, barely?
[/quote]Yep, barely, well, barely barely, more I think about it maybe barely miss making it...lol

No I'm saying if your gonna but into my bet with scooter which had nothing to do with ned or where they would finish, then if that is what you think just barely then my friend take the bet ,I would love to see you wear a dress in public with a wig and a sign, the ball is in your corner, I agreed to your stipulations all you have to do is agree to mine, jump if you feel froggy, you already had to wear a purple ndn hat in the last bet you lost, make it light on yourself. ;-)

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="James Mosley" post="1245765" timestamp="1345142625"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=101631.msg1245753#msg1245753 date=1345140845]
[quote author=James Mosley link=topic=101631.msg1245643#msg1245643 date=1345130720]
[/quote]

[/quote]Yep, barely, well, barely barely, more I think about it maybe barely miss making it...lol
[/quote]

LOL!!! 

It is true that we have a fairly new team, but there are some key returners on defense and to add to it we have several transfers. One kid from San Angelo who was their starting middle linebacker last year as a sophmore who is huge! Also, AJ Smith has been working his tail off to get better and has grown a little also. At 6'6" and 4.5 speed in the 40 and a cannon for an arm, well he should be fun to watch. Also, returning a very good receiver in Chipman, hoping he can take up slack for Nelson. Cross the board our offensive line is one of the biggest we've had in a long time. My belief is that our defense will better than any we have had for at least 5 years. Thing about High School is you never know what your gonna get from year to year. Kids growing over night. I hope we do well, but only time will tell....

We have 4 returning on offense and 5 on defensive last year we had 5 on offense and 5 on defensive and still made the playoffs. Does any one have a real good reason why Port Neches wont make the playoffs or is it just hating the honor pride and tradition the purple and white the sound of cheerokee playng thur your stadium. Please hope that we fail so that we look that much better when we win .

The Indians will make the playoffs this year AJ Smith is an awesome quarterback just wait and see.

[quote name="akifan94" post="1245986" timestamp="1345172495"]
PN-G finishes with a better record than both BMT. schools. and 3rd in district. Central and Ozen sit at home come playoff time wishing they would have went to West Brook.

1. NED
2. Vidor
3. PN-G
4. Livingston
[/quote]And then you woke up. 

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1245768" timestamp="1345142729"]
No I'm saying if your gonna but into my bet with scooter which had nothing to do with ned or where they would finish, then if that is what you think just barely then my friend take the bet ,I would love to see you wear a dress in public with a wig and a sign, the ball is in your corner, I agreed to your stipulations all you have to do is agree to mine, jump if you feel froggy, you already had to wear a purple ndn hat in the last bet you lost, make it light on yourself. ;-)
[/quote]I lost the last bet due to point spread, Nederland beat PNG just not as bad as I thought they would, this year will probably be more of the same, so with that I will stay out of the betting game! Good luck to ya, and here's hoping you barely make the playoffs...barely!! lol

[quote name="NDN33" post="1245614" timestamp="1345128969"]
Well said Bamakid! PN-G seems to be the underdog every year. That's obviously the case on this message board; however there are others that beg to differ:

[/quote]

There is always a poll where they don't really know a team and just rank off of name.  Look at all the polls putting Brenham high on the list.  They may not make the playoffs this year. Wos is another good example, historically.  Always rank them high regardless. 

PNG will make the playoffs, too good of a coach and weak competition..... ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1246060" timestamp="1345206916"]
[quote author=NDN33 link=topic=101631.msg1245614#msg1245614 date=1345128969]

[/quote]

There is always a poll where they don't really know a team and just rank off of name.  Look at all the polls putting Brenham high on the list.  They may not make the playoffs this year. Wos is another good example, historically.  Always rank them high regardless. 

PNG will make the playoffs, too good of a coach and weak competition..... ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

No playoffs for Brenham huh?  Sounds like you want in on some betting action.  I'll take Brenham to not only make the playoffs, but to win district again.  What do you say?  Steak dinner on the line?  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder