Houston Chronicle: Preview of 18-4A

I was going to post this, but I forgot. Thanks for posting it. Its a pretty fair assessment. I think they overrate Magnolia a little too much. Yeah they return a lot of starters, but those starters were TERRIBLE. Brenham SHOULD finish first with Montgomery, Mag West, Willis, and Huntsville fighting for the last 3 playoff spots. Waller could sneak into the mix, but after that there's quite a bit of drop off.

I agree.  Magnolia is getting a lot more credit than they deserve.  Other than McGowan, I don't see much of a threat.  Maybe their HB, but it talks about them installing a new offense, and that usually takes time.  The middle of 18-4A is pretty even, so things should be pretty interesting.  Mag West has to play Brenham & Montgomery both on the road, which could make things a little tougher for them.

[quote name="dawgs20" post="1244193" timestamp="1344791286"]
Don't sleep on Magnolia I told you guys that they are going to be better than ya'll think. Good luck to ya"lls teams but don't take this bulldog team lightly them may just sneak up on you.
[/quote]

Good luck to Magnolia.  Hope y'all stay healthy and challenge for a playoff spot.

my favorite part of preview is in key games they have stratford at magnolia west...
  nice to see that chron thinks mag west can prove themselves with a win over the spartans...last year was a real beatdown shs put on mag west, not sure if that will happen again, but i see a shs win

also agree, have not been all that impressed with magnolia the last 2 yrs...ill be keeping my eye on this district, be popping in from time to time....

[quote name="grasshopper" post="1244337" timestamp="1344833196"]
my favorite part of preview is in key games they have stratford at magnolia west...
  nice to see that chron thinks mag west can prove themselves with a win over the spartans...last year was a real beatdown shs put on mag west, not sure if that will happen again, but i see a shs win

also agree, have not been all that impressed with magnolia the last 2 yrs...ill be keeping my eye on this district, be popping in from time to time....
[/quote]

Good luck in yalls new district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124