Vidor 2012

[quote name="Razor" post="1244496" timestamp="1344879401"]
gotta disagree there, jackthehammer...I think Vidor is as good a bet as anyone to be a playoff team in 2012...I see Nederland, Vidor, and Ozen as playoff teams with the other spot being a toss up between PNG, Central, and maybe Livingston
[/quote]

I think that will depend on several of things.  One will be the offensive line.  With the loss of most of the line and ( I think) two of thier RBs,  Quirante (sp) might have a tougher time getting yards.  Also,  the passing game.  Will they pass more???.  Also, keeping Quirante healthy with him playing both ways will be paramount.  Lastly,  with the roller coaster of emotion from last year, will they be able to keep up that intensity all season or will the season grind them down.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1244685" timestamp="1344902841"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=101511.msg1244496#msg1244496 date=1344879401]
gotta disagree there, jackthehammer...I think Vidor is as good a bet as anyone to be a playoff team in 2012...I see Nederland, Vidor, and Ozen as playoff teams with the other spot being a toss up between PNG, Central, and maybe Livingston
[/quote] I think vidor will do pretty good. Yes they suffered a loss of a player and friend but I don't think they dwell on that. They have other weapons for RB to start this year. Stephenson is a quick guy. I forget who the other starter is. The linebacker corp and secondary is prettty much the same. I can see a good run this year. I can see a 7 or 8 game season. That is if they play smart football. We shot ourselves in the foot last year with mental mistakes when we should have won the close games. They also need to keep intensity all 4 quarters. The montgomery game is a perfect example. Go Pirates!!!

I think that will depend on several of things.  One will be the offensive line.  With the loss of most of the line and ( I think) two of thier RBs,  Quirante (sp) might have a toug her time getting yards.  Also,  the passing game.  Will they pass more???.  Also, keeping Quirante healthy with him playing both ways will be paramount.  Lastly,  with the roller coaster of emotion from last year, will  they be able to keep up that intensity all season or will the season grind them down.
[/quote]

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1244009" timestamp="1344720168"]
Yall are pathetic lol. The Vidor fans stop talking about Vidor and yall can't take it so yall gotta start a thread yourselves.

Wow.

SMH....

::)
[/quote]
Don't sweat it guys, we don't need to do the talking. All of our talking will go on between the goal posts.

[quote name="fl0317" post="1244717" timestamp="1344908658"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=101511.msg1244685#msg1244685 date=1344902841]
[/quote] I think vidor will do pretty good. Yes they suffered a loss of a player and friend but I don't think they dwell on that. They have other weapons for RB to start this year. Stephenson is a quick guy. I forget who the other starter is. The linebacker corp and secondary is prettty much the same. I can see a good run this year. I can see a 7 or 8 game season. That is if they play smart football. We shot ourselves in the foot last year with mental mistakes when we should have won the close games. They also need to keep intensity all 4 quarters. The montgomery game is a perfect example. Go Pirates!!!

I think that will depend on several of things.  One will be the offensive line.  With the loss of most of the line and ( I think) two of thier RBs,  Quirante (sp) might have a toug her time getting yards.  Also,  the passing game.  Will they pass more???.  Also, keeping Quirante healthy with him playing both ways will be paramount.  Lastly,  with the roller coaster of emotion from last year, will  they be able to keep up that intensity all season or will the season grind them down.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Good post. Especially considering its your first post on the site. Welcome to SETX sports. Glad to welcome another Vidor fan.  8)

I think the season for the Pirates really depends on the O-line.  They lost quite a bit from last year and that offense requires linemen that are quick and committed to run right.  The Pirates might throw the ball more, but I wouldnt count on much more.  Besides, throwing the ball requires blocking from the O-line.  Lots of untested players at those positions.  I do know that the Pirates will be smaller than everybody else they play on the line, but that is nothing new. It comes down to technique and desire for the Pirates line.  As far as running backs go, the Pirates just seem to reload there.  They teach that offense from junior high on, so it shouldnt be a problem finding guys carrying the ball.  The defensive side of the ball really wont change much.  They should be a little bigger and a  little quicker with the maturity of the returning players.  I know that lots of those kids worked hard during the off season, but so did everyone else.  District 20-4A is very tough, night in and night out, and you cant look past anybody.  There are a lot of great expectations for the Pirates after last years run, but this is a new year.  If the Pirates want to make it out of district they have to go out every day with a chip on their shoulder and prove it.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1245031" timestamp="1344991962"]
[quote author=fl0317 link=topic=101511.msg1244717#msg1244717 date=1344908658]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=101511.msg1244685#msg1244685 date=1344902841]

[/quote]
[/quote]This is actually my 4th or 5th account. I just keep forgetting my password.
Good post. Especially considering its your first post on the site. Welcome to SETX sports. Glad to welcome another Vidor fan.  8)
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics