2012 Crosby Cougars Team Preview

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Gtj007" post="1241809" timestamp="1344002682"]
Ok.  So Crosby is fast.  So what makes you think that Nederland can't handle that speed?
[/quote]

It's a prediction based on a hunch. Heck, if any of us knew the outcome of these games for sure, we would not be spending our free time on this site. We would be in Vegas.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gtj007" post="1241670" timestamp="1343941510"]
Kind of like Vidor couldn't handle Crosby's speed last year?  What was the score in that game last year???
[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking, Vidor wasn't exactly a speed team and they stopped Crosby's offense.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="bronco1" post="1241839" timestamp="1344007678"]
[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=101395.msg1241670#msg1241670 date=1343941510]
Kind of like Vidor couldn't handle Crosby's speed last year?  What was the score in that game last year???
[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking, Vidor wasn't exactly a speed team and they stopped Crosby's offense.
[/quote]

402 total yards of offense is not quite stopping. Vidor won on the scoreboard and that is all that matters.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1241905" timestamp="1344017579"]
One of the twins ran a 4.64 at a summer combine. I would say crosby has descent speed and thats about it.
[/quote]

We ain't talkin' 40 speed. We talkin' football speed.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1241911" timestamp="1344018625"]
Im sure nederland has plenty of kids with football speed. You dont rely think crosby will be better than nederland this year I hope. Crosby lost alot last year and will have a new coach.
[/quote]

Two words: Austin and Aston

They will be difference makers.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1241930" timestamp="1344021941"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=101395.msg1241911#msg1241911 date=1344018625]
Im sure nederland has plenty of kids with football speed. You dont rely think crosby will be better than nederland this year I hope. Crosby lost alot last year and will have a new coach.
[/quote]

Two words: Austin and Aston

[b]They will be difference makers.[/b]
[/quote]
Didn't make much of a difference against Vidor.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1241855" timestamp="1344009016"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=101395.msg1241839#msg1241839 date=1344007678]
[quote author=Gtj007 link=topic=101395.msg1241670#msg1241670 date=1343941510]
[/quote]

[/quote]

402 total yards of offense is not quite stopping. Vidor won on the scoreboard and that is all that matters.
[/quote]

Ok, well maybe they didn't stop them but I watched the game and speed wasn't an issue. The key to Crosby's offense was the twin's and is the twins's this year. They are great athletes, I've been watching them since they were 5, they have always been good. It is the fact that they haven't had much support from the rest of the O and their defense has to tighten up. But who's doesn't, Crosby will do good this year.

I suppose after playing WOS and Dayton in scrimmages Nederland might be ready for the 4.64 speed the twins will bring. The real question is how will the twins hold up to the DLine that averages 270 lbs and motors between 4.8 - 5.0. Not to mention a couple salty linebackers that will flat take your head off. I also like the addition of a 6'2" 185 lb redshirt safety whose hits will make the likes of Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater proud. Think I'm fooling? Just pass the ball over the middle and take your chances. This kid is plain crazy.

I expect Crosby and the twins will be very competitive with any team they play. One thing is for sure, they will be feeling it against Ned's D. Good Luck and stay healthy 

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1241905" timestamp="1344017579"]
One of the twins ran a 4.64 at a summer combine. I would say crosby has descent speed and thats about it.
[/quote]

There's a difference though.  You take that 4.64 & add in a lot of elusive moves, (which the twins have) and it seems more like a 4.4.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="scapegoat" post="1242732" timestamp="1344374842"]
I heard Nederland's Shaw out ran both of the twin's head up this summer at a camp.So Nederland will have the fastest kid on the field and a better supporting cast and lose the game.Guess we will find out pretty soon.
[/quote]

I hope Shaw is fast and plays defense. He's gonna need to chase down a few people.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1242604" timestamp="1344310592"]
I suppose after playing WOS and Dayton in scrimmages Nederland might be ready for the 4.64 speed the twins will bring. The real question is how will the twins hold up to the DLine that averages 270 lbs and motors between 4.8 - 5.0. Not to mention a couple salty linebackers that will flat take your head off. I also like the addition of a 6'2" 185 lb redshirt safety whose hits will make the likes of Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater proud. Think I'm fooling? Just pass the ball over the middle and take your chances. This kid is plain crazy.

I expect Crosby and the twins will be very competitive with any team they play. One thing is for sure, they will be feeling it against Ned's D. Good Luck and stay healthy
[/quote]

I seriously doubt your D line averages 270 and runs a sub 5 40.

Here's what DCTF says: DE Koby Couron (6-3 235 4.9) DL Brock Pryor (6-1 180 5.1) DE Deshawn Washington ( 6-3 265 4.9) ;DE Jared Johnson (6-2 225 4.9).

Sorry Friend. Hugh misprint by DCTF. He was only 100 lbs off on Pryor, who actually weighs 275. He didn't even list our other starting DT(last years newcomer of the year) who weighed in yesterday at 293. Johnson at 225 is a backup. yesterday our 4 returning starters weighed 242, 275, 293, 275. You do the math. If none of these guys run sub 5 40's than I guess all those college camps they have been show-casing, at this summer, must not know how to use a stopwatch. As the old saying goes, don't believe everything you read.

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1242772" timestamp="1344388749"]
Sorry Friend. Hugh misprint by DCTF. He was only 100 lbs off on Pryor, who actually weighs 275. He didn't even list our other starting DT(last years newcomer of the year) who weighed in yesterday at 293. Johnson at 225 is a backup. yesterday our 4 returning starters weighed 242, 275, 293, 275. You do the math. If none of these guys run sub 5 40's than I guess all those college camps they have been show-casing, at this summer, must not know how to use a stopwatch. As the old saying goes, don't believe everything you read.

[/quote]

Believe what you want to, but we'll see when they release the roster ;). My  bet is they dont average 270.

Oh and I don't believe everything I read, I don't believe you.

P.S. They did list the other DT, but did not have a weight for him.

Brock Pryor 250 5.31 40
http://combines.underarmour.com/football/athletes/12946

Koby Couron 235 4.83
http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/tx/nederland/nederland-high-school/koby-couron

Caleb Malveneaux 291 5.37
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/153993/caleb-malveaux

So unless washington weighs 300 pounds amd runs a 4.5 then your line is not adding up to 270 and sub 5.

Unless Brock Pryor tried the Jenny Craig diet this summer he is nowhere near 250.He is more like 270 plus.Couron is the only undersized defensive lineman and is picked to be the pre-season defensive MVP for 20-4a.  He is also the fastest D-Lineman.These monsters are backed up by two line-backers that weigh over 205 a piece.Jordan Wood was the only unanimous defensive first-team selection as a sophmore and was the 20-4a pre-season defensive MVP selection last year.Korbin Stampley was a first -team all district selection last year and a real "Man-Eater".Both of them run about 4.8 or faster.Kids get bigger during the summer and I have seen both of these linebackers weigh this summer.All I can say is come see for yourself .I bet Nederland has the biggest front six in 4-A for the state of Texas. 

Dude, I hope you realize some of the links you provided are over a year old. These boy's have grown and gotten faster since 2011. if you choose to argue over your ignorance than I can't argue with that. I find it hilarious you choose to dispute facts about a team which you know nothing about. Apparently, you are either concerned or just plain foolish. Either way, I believe we're wasting space on a subject that your determined to prove me wrong, with your outdated links, yet know very little about. All I know is the current combination as on yesterday morning. 242-275-293-275. Keep digging dude I'm sure you will find some current links on these boys, for I know all four are working to get noticed. 

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1242800" timestamp="1344396771"]
Dude, I hope you realize some of the links you provided are over a year old. These boy's have grown and gotten faster since 2011. if you choose to argue over your ignorance than I can't argue with that. I find it hilarious you choose to dispute facts about a team which you know nothing about. Apparently, you are either concerned or just plain foolish. Either way, I believe we're wasting space on a subject that your determined to prove me wrong, with your outdated links, yet know very little about. All I know is the current combination as on yesterday morning. 242-275-293-275. Keep digging dude I'm sure you will find some current links on these boys, for I know all four are working to get noticed.
[/quote]

So you're seriously going to tell me that Brock Pryor added 20 pounds and dropped his 40 time .3 seconds and The 290 kid dropped his 40 time .37 seconds in 1 year? Like I said before I seriously doubt you're D line doesn't average 270 and run a sub 5.

If these guys are such amazing physical specimen then what colleges are offering the scholarships?

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1242797" timestamp="1344396083"]
Unless Brock Pryor tried the Jenny Craig diet this summer he is nowhere near 250.He is more like 270 plus.Couron is the only undersized defensive lineman and is picked to be the pre-season defensive MVP for 20-4a.  He is also the fastest D-Lineman.These monsters are backed up by two line-backers that weigh over 205 a piece.Jordan Wood was the only unanimous defensive first-team selection as a sophmore and was the 20-4a pre-season defensive MVP selection last year.Korbin Stampley was a first -team all district selection last year and a real "Man-Eater".Both of them run about 4.8 or faster.Kids get bigger during the summer and I have seen both of these linebackers weigh this summer.All I can say is come see for yourself .[b] I bet Nederland has the biggest front six in 4-A for the state of Texas. [/b]
[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far, but I'm not doubting that they're defense is good. I know they are, but people don't have to make stuff up. Some guy said the D line avreages 270 and they all run sub 5 40s, that is hard to believe. It's like last year when some guy from WOS tried to say they have 5 or 6 guys that run 4.4 or lower. Some people just like to boost the truth.

I find it interesting you pulled a link on Pryor that was over a year old. Why don't you look up Pryor's NCSA profile like you did on Couron. I believe you will find that 275 and 5.0 you're looking for. As far as Washington, he weighed 275 yesterday and is as fast as Couron. Boy, it makes we wonder how some people can even make it through a day. 

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1242808" timestamp="1344398223"]
I find it interesting you pulled a link on Pryor that was over a year old. Why don't you look up Pryor's NCSA profile like you did on Couron. I believe you will find that 275 and 5.0 you're looking for. As far as Washington, he weighed 275 yesterday and is as fast as Couron. Boy, it makes we wonder how some people can even make it through a day.
[/quote]

Well because  NCSA is something you fill out yourself. The under armor link was the first that popped up, but I would never use NCSA to back my argument if there are other more reliable links. So I'm going to stick with under armor and ESPN

Here's his ESPN profile.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/136656/brock-pryor

He added the weight ,but he sure aight running sub 5. But if he really is all that you say, then what scholarship offers does he have?

Husker's weights of the D-Line are legit.The weights of the line-backers are also legit.As for as 40 times you go to enough camps you will find someone with a fast thumb.Bottom line Nederland has something special this year on defense.I understand you doubting us.I promise you these guys are big and move well.Just pray we stay healthy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83