Jasper 2012

[quote name="Axe Em Jacks" post="1242794" timestamp="1344395178"]
I feel their offense made great strides and with a young QB in Walker I like what I'm seeing from Jasper on the offensive side. If Jasper could get the defense back on track then watch out. You can't fix one thing and let another go bad and for the past couple of seasons I feel Jasper would be good on one side of the ball, but the other side of the ball drastically hurt the team
[/quote]In that case i'd rather have a better Defense. Defense can score for you and stop the other team.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1242803" timestamp="1344397273"]
[quote author=Axe Em Jacks link=topic=101339.msg1242794#msg1242794 date=1344395178]
I feel their offense made great strides and with a young QB in Walker I like what I'm seeing from Jasper on the offensive side. If Jasper could get the defense back on track then watch out. You can't fix one thing and let another go bad and for the past couple of seasons I feel Jasper would be good on one side of the ball, but the other side of the ball drastically hurt the team
[/quote]In that case i'd rather have a better Defense. Defense can score for you and stop the other team.
[/quote]

I agree. In the end the old saying is true, "Offense wins games, defense wins championships".

Guest dawg4life
[quote name="setxguru" post="1242738" timestamp="1344377460"]
Actually every playoff game that Chapel hill played was decided by 10 points or less except Jasper.  Chapel Hill beat Jasper 70 - 28.  During the regular season Chapel Hill had three more games that were decided by 10 points or less.  Chapel Hill had three gamesduring the that they won by one point.  Jasper on the other hand, the team that could "Run it Whenever and However" was 6-5, LOST TO ORANGEFIELD, and did not beat one team with a winning record.  However I do think that Jasper did finally get a quality Head Coach in Darrell Barbay, who will do things correctly and stay for more than two years.  Good luck to the Jasper Bulldogs in 2012!
[/quote]lol u got folks pulling for u with this quote but the welp is on you!  i wll start with the 3 10 pt or less wins u refered to  two of those were to 4a teams that made playoffs and the other to the 3 time defending 3a champs carthage so smack those references.  yes they did score alot of pts on our defense that was 85% made up of freshman and sophs.  the other playoff games regardless were all wins on their way to 15-0  which only one other team in 3a did they too being champs wimberley.  so u obviously are just a hater that could come up with anything better. lol.    again where did u go to highschool? please tell.
tyler chapel hill 74  palestine westwood 23
tych 59  whitehouse (4a playoff team) 49
tych 21  carthage 20
tych 29  (4a playoff team) hallsville 22
tych 51  lindale 29
tych 45  center 17
tych 50  bullard 6
tych 49  brownsboro 21
tych 51  rusk 7
tych 64  athens 7
*playoffs
tych 70 jasper 28
tych 27 waco la vega 20
tych 56 navasota 46
tych 21 west columbia 16
tych 20 alvarado 19
and by the way in 2010 was only one td short in title game.
soooooooooooooooo  now take this donkey bonking
and  GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Still doesn't change the fact that Jasper went 6-5, with 0 wins over a team with a winning record and the defense giving up over 33 points a game.

But you claimed CH dominated everyone and setxguru was just disputing that with facts. Now you want to talk about CH's strength of schedule. ::)

Guest dawg4life
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1242900" timestamp="1344448466"]
Still doesn't change the fact that Jasper went 6-5, with 0 wins over a team with a winning record and the defense giving up over 33 points a game.

But you claimed CH dominated everyone and setxguru was just disputing that with facts. Now you want to talk about CH's strength of schedule. ::)
[/quote]LMAO !! GO GURU GO !! how bout this............guru u are right ..it was a bad year for the DAWGS .  one game over  .500 alot of schools would love to have but as u see at the bottom of each of my post(and those #s actually need updated for the past two seasons)  jasper ranks among the top in all classifications (1300 plus schools) so us DAWG fans lol at the haters when they jump on the chance to trash talk!!  LOL.  and the fact dont change that 15-0 they were....is that not a dominate year..... lol whatever ..........GO DOGS !!

[quote name="dawg4life" post="1242910" timestamp="1344449973"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=101339.msg1242900#msg1242900 date=1344448466]

[/quote]LMAO !! GO GURU GO !! how bout this............guru u are right ..it was a bad year for the DAWGS .  one game over  .500 alot of schools would love to have but as u see at the bottom of each of my post(and those #s actually need updated for the past two seasons)  jasper ranks among the top in all classifications (1300 plus schools) so us DAWG fans lol at the haters when they jump on the chance to trash talk!!  LOL.  and the fact dont change that 15-0 they were....is that not a dominate year..... lol whatever ..........GO DOGS !!
[/quote]

dawg4life, you are beginning to sound like Hull-Daisetta fans with all that history talk. ::)

Fact is, Jasper benefited from a very weak district last year and other than Carthage being in the district this year, will be another weak overall district.

I believe Jasper will be better this year than they were last year, but that's not saying much.

Barbay will eventually get those Dawgs back to playing Jasper type football before long.

Yall better quit with all those stats.  JDawg going to pop in here and light the board up.  He knows every Jasper stat for every sport during the past 50 years.  A photographic memory and a massage therapist named Bambi has got him ready to debate!   

[quote name="bulldogs1990" post="1243919" timestamp="1344662752"]
[b]Like the old saying goes for every sophomore you start pencils in a lost.[/b] We had 7 sophomores start and one freshman. All I can say he's some people is gonna be surprised at how big we gonna be on the line. Average on both lines is 260 GO DOGS
[/quote]

Silsbee started 6 soph. last year, went 8-3 in a much tougher district. ;)

Not sure I put much credit in that "old saying". ::)

If, and I stress the word if, the Jasper folks let Barbay get the program running his way, starting at the junior high level, you will be back to getting the respect that the name on the jersey used to command.  He had consisten, solid offensive units at both HD and Anahuac.  The last couple of seasons he had injuries to key players (QB and a D1 RB) that really hurts a small school.  With all the factors I know of, he is digging in at Jasper for the long haul.  Get behind him Dawg fans and support your coach and your team.  You have someone with a great pedigree and a winning track record leading your program.  I'll be skipping a few of my Buna Coog games to check out the Bulldogs this year, so good luck!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1243953" timestamp="1344698085"]
[quote author=bulldogs1990 link=topic=101339.msg1243919#msg1243919 date=1344662752]
[b]Like the old saying goes for every sophomore you start pencils in a lost.[/b] We had 7 sophomores start and one freshman. All I can say he's some people is gonna be surprised at how big we gonna be on the line. Average on both lines is 260 GO DOGS
[/quote]

Silsbee started 6 soph. last year, went 8-3 in a much tougher district. ;)

Not sure I put much credit in that "old saying". ::)
[/quote] Kirbyville is starting several freshmans on Varsity and we already looking great in practice. Kirbyville vs. Jasper will be a site to see this year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83