Southland TV Network sets their schedule

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1237284" timestamp="1342644864"]
i hate televised home games...hurts attendance
[/quote]

Same point forrmer A&M AD, Bill Byrne, tried to make.  He refused PPV until the stadium sold out.  On the other hand, appearing on a televised game is good advertising for the University.  Southland TV is picked up all over the state of Texas and Louisiana, in Little Rock, AR as well as Tulsa, OK.  I'm sure they aren't the highest rated programs, but every bit helps.

With dvr, I don't think that's as big a deal as it was.  We watch very little tv when it is actually broadcast.  We just dvr it and watch it when we want to and when it meets our schedule.

I watched SLC televised games here in Houston before Lamar brought football back. Now, I can make the drive over to Beaumont and attend the Lamar games.  If the game is televised, I just dvr it so that I can replay it if I want to.

Guest incognito123
What channel is this on DirectTV?

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1237284" timestamp="1342644864"]
[/quote]

I thought you were a big LAmar backer?  Aren't you excited about the additional exposure and the ability to recruit on the basis that kids families can watch them on TV a few times a year?  I thought this would be a good thing.

As far as DirectTV, if you get Fox Sports Central, the games are broadcast on a delayed basis.  It did look like DirectTV only broadcasts live games, though (not sure since I'm not a subscriber).  Depending on the area you are in, the SLCTV network channel in your area may be on DirectTV.  A failsafe option would be to watch the games on ESPN3 over the internet.

While we're at it, if anyone else is an AT&T U-verse subscriber in the Houston area, the games are on channel 57 (KUBE - Live broadcast) and on channel 648 (Fox Sports Central - Delayed basis).

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1238334" timestamp="1342871574"]
What channel is this on DirectTV?

[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=101094.msg1237284#msg1237284 date=1342644864]
[/quote]

I thought you were a big LAmar backer?  Aren't you excited about the additional exposure and the ability to recruit on the basis that kids families can watch them on TV a few times a year?  I thought this would be a good thing.
[/quote]

I'd rather pack the house than have it televised [u][b]LOCALLY[/b][/u]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder