this thread is not for the stay in the SLC with SHSU fans.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1241184" timestamp="1343841555"]Paste a link to a message board, newspaper, or anything.  If you reply without providing direct evidence (via links) or that I'm not a "forward thinker" or that my logic is why LU football died, it'll verify that you are just creating rumors to support your agenda.
[/quote]

I see that you have ignored my earlier question.  I take it then, that you are going with another member's post that the only evidence of "steam building" for Lamar to the MWC is from a couple of MWC conference forum members???  So if I go and post in a Big XII forum that the conference needs to pursue Lamar will you then say that there are "rumors" of Lamar to the Big XII?  Is that your source--a fan forum?  Nothing from the LU administration?  Nothing from the MWC conference office?  Southland office?  Please, tell me you have something more to back up your claims . . .

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1243343" timestamp="1344535964"]
[quote author=SabineRavine link=topic=101078.msg1241184#msg1241184 date=1343841555]Paste a link to a message board, newspaper, or anything.  If you reply without providing direct evidence (via links) or that I'm not a "forward thinker" or that my logic is why LU football died, it'll verify that you are just creating rumors to support your agenda.
[/quote]

I see that you have ignored my earlier question.  I take it then, that you are going with another member's post that the only evidence of "steam building" for Lamar to the MWC is from a couple of MWC conference forum members???  So if I go and post in a Big XII forum that the conference needs to pursue Lamar will you then say that there are "rumors" of Lamar to the Big XII?  Is that your source--a fan forum?  Nothing from the LU administration?  Nothing from the MWC conference office?  Southland office?  Please, tell me you have something more to back up your claims . . .
[/quote]

Hey Ravine, I think Happy is starting a petition drive to move LU to DIII in athletics.  I guess you will be the first signature after Happy on the petititon!  ;)

by the way this is not evidence in any way, but some of the posters on the fan board's are actually people who have inside access to conversations and information.  They post this information.  Some of it is just discussion information that does not come to fruition, but is actually real discussion none the less.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1243343" timestamp="1344535964"]
[quote author=SabineRavine link=topic=101078.msg1241184#msg1241184 date=1343841555]Paste a link to a message board, newspaper, or anything.  If you reply without providing direct evidence (via links) or that I'm not a "forward thinker" or that my logic is why LU football died, it'll verify that you are just creating rumors to support your agenda.
[/quote]

[/quote]Do you really need a link to do all your thinking for you. If I provide link of aliens on Mars will you believe that too.There is plenty of sites saying Texas st will get the invite to the MWC if AFA leaves. That leaves Texas st as a very lonely Island. Therefore many believe Texas st will need a travel partner.Some mention NMSU others  say Lamar. Same conclusion I came too. Look it up.

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1243487" timestamp="1344553683"]
I guess the irony of that was missed by you.

Of course I don't think LU should be DIII, but I also don't think football should be FBS.  I don't see how anyone can objectively say that this program is ready to make that jump.
[/quote]Ready or Not, for Lamar to get an MWC invite  would be insane to say no. It would be dumber than when football was dropped.It would be a Southeast Texas logic.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1243549" timestamp="1344566250"]Do you really need a link to do all your thinking for you. If I provide link of aliens on Mars will you believe that too.There is plenty of sites saying Texas st will get the invite to the MWC if AFA leaves. That leaves Texas st as a very lonely Island. Therefore many believe Texas st will need a travel partner.Some mention NMSU others  say Lamar. Same conclusion I came too. Look it up.
[/quote]

1) Much like I asked in my original post, I do need a link from you in order to believe that anything you say is your own hyperbole.  Since you failed to post links other than what a board member posted, I will now look forward to challenging the evidence you on any statements you make.

2) What you fail to grasp is that if you provide a link of aliens on Mars, you are the one who will believe it.  Much like a fan forum mentioning Lamar by name is interpreted by you as meaning that they are a conference target.

3)  I did not ask for evidence that Texas State will get the MWC invite if AFA leaves.  I asked for proof--from you--that there is "steam building" for Lamar to join the MWC outside of what you interpret to be proof.  You failed to provide this evidence, instead choosing to skirt the issue by asking "Do you really need a link to do all your thinking for you". 

It's going to be a fun football season now 

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1243700" timestamp="1344618603"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=101078.msg1243549#msg1243549 date=1344566250]Do you really need a link to do all your thinking for you. If I provide link of aliens on Mars will you believe that too.There is plenty of sites saying Texas st will get the invite to the MWC if AFA leaves. That leaves Texas st as a very lonely Island. Therefore many believe Texas st will need a travel partner.Some mention NMSU others  say Lamar. Same conclusion I came too. Look it up.
[/quote]

1) Much like I asked in my original post, I do need a link from you in order to believe that anything you say is your own hyperbole.  Since you failed to post links other than what a board member posted, I will now look forward to challenging the evidence you on any statements you make.

2) What you fail to grasp is that if you provide a link of aliens on Mars, you are the one who will believe it.  Much like a fan forum mentioning Lamar by name is interpreted by you as meaning that they are a conference target.

3)  I did not ask for evidence that Texas State will get the MWC invite if AFA leaves.  I asked for proof--from you--that there is "steam building" for Lamar to join the MWC outside of what you interpret to be proof.  You failed to provide this evidence, instead choosing to skirt the issue by asking "Do you really need a link to do all your thinking for you". 

It's going to be a fun football season now
[/quote]There is nothing outside what I interpret. The quicker you learn this, the better.

Mike Aresco new Big East commish
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8267843/big-east-hires-former-cbs-sports-executive-mike-aresco-commissioner

AND

Missouri Valley close to adding Dallas Baptist as baseball-only member
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/aug/13/no-headline---dallasbaptist/

Cola, your 1,000,000 to 1 is down to 10,000 to 1.

Idaho football indy, other sports in Big Sky.
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/08/16/bmurphy/idaho_go_independent_football_join_big_sky_other_sports

Cola, I'd like to read your opinion on what the MWC will do when BE takes AFA. They can't stay at 8 all sports members.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1247526" timestamp="1345430181"]
Idaho football indy, other sports in Big Sky.
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/08/16/bmurphy/idaho_go_independent_football_join_big_sky_other_sports

Cola, I'd like to read your opinion on what the MWC will do when BE takes AFA. They can't stay at 8 all sports members.
[/quote]

I've read some opinions that Air Force may not jump to the BE, even if the money is a lot better.  They are not a normal school so money isn't necessarily the driving factor for them.  But that doesn't mean another MWC school like Fresno State could be asked to join the BE, who knows at this point.

But since conference realignment is driven by markets, snob appeal and even a little geography (hard to believe!), Lamar joining the MWC along with Texas State still seems like a very long shot.  Also, I'm not sold on the idea that Texas State would leave the Sun Belt for the MWC because long term that decision could come back and haunt them.

Cola you are behind on the latest news. Word is AFA will go football only to the BE and put other sports in Patriot League. This is a very very very attractive move for AFA.
1. Patriot League is a high rated academic conference over the average MWC.
2. Air Force will join Navy and Army in non-football sports.
3. BE football money

IMHO, I think there is a 95 percent chance AFA makes the move.
This will leave MWC with only 8 all spots schools. The big question is, what will the MWC do?
1. Stay at 8/9...very risky move. Deja vu of the WAC.
2. Invite a few schools.
So Cola, if the MWC invite 1, 2, or, 5 schools. Cola what schools will get the invite?
I can only think of 2 west of Texas, NMSU and Idaho. Idaho is a no go so that leaves just NMSU. MWC already told NMSU no. MWC said they are looking at Texas schools.Ok, what Texas schools? certainly not CUSA Texas schools. I can only think of Texas st, Lamar, and maybe UTA. Yes, this is a risky move for Texas st but this is a move that hops over the SBC. I would doubt the Texas st would ever consider going down to the SBC in the future unless the situation becomes desperate. Can you tell me where I am going wrong?

The Patriot League is located in the Northeast so I don't see them putting their Olympic sports in that league, that doesn't make much sense.  Until Air Force actually does leave the MWC for the Big East, none of this matters yet.  We'll see after football season ends if there's more movement among schools.

I still think that Texas State and UL-Laf would probably vote for Lamar and maybe NMSU if the Sun Belt wants 12 football schools.  Right now only Texas State, Arkansas State, UL-Laf and UL-Monroe are west of the mississippi.  And if MTSU leaves then the Sun Belt could invite Georgia Southern for their replacement in the east.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1247935" timestamp="1345511892"]
The Patriot League is located in the Northeast so I don't see them putting their Olympic sports in that league, that doesn't make much sense.  Until Air Force actually does leave the MWC for the Big East, none of this matters yet.  We'll see after football season ends if there's more movement among schools.

I still think that Texas State and UL-Laf would probably vote for Lamar and maybe NMSU if the Sun Belt wants 12 football schools.  Right now only Texas State, Arkansas State, UL-Laf and UL-Monroe are west of the mississippi.  And if MTSU leaves then the Sun Belt could invite Georgia Southern for their replacement in the east.
[/quote]lol, San Diego is in the Big East. I don't think location matters much with those schools. But if it did, I am hearing Denver will travel partner with AFA. Denver popular sports like Lacrosse and Hockey as well as academics makes Denver a natural fit.

As far the Sunbelt, the SBC might try to derail a MWC invite to Texas st by inviting Lamar. What ever happens will happen immediately after AFA gets the Big East invite. The problem with a SBC or MWC invite too soon will make Lamar ineligible for playoffs for 2 years.

Cola, admitt it. If AFA goes Big East, MWC options is extremely limited. So limited that Lamar is in play.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1247910" timestamp="1345506224"]
Cola you are behind on the latest news. Word is AFA will go football only to the BE and put other sports in Patriot League. This is a very very very attractive move for AFA.
3. BE football money

This will leave MWC with only 8 all spots schools. The big question is, what will the MWC do?
2. Invite a few schools.
So Cola, if the MWC invite 1, 2, or, 5 schools. Cola what schools will get the invite?
I can only think of 2 west of Texas, NMSU and Idaho. Idaho is a no go so that leaves just NMSU. MWC already told NMSU no. MWC said they are looking at Texas schools.Ok, what Texas schools? certainly not CUSA Texas schools. I can only think of Texas st, Lamar, and maybe UTA. Yes, this is a risky move for Texas st but this is a move that hops over the SBC. I would doubt the Texas st would ever consider going down to the SBC in the future unless the situation becomes desperate. Can you tell me where I am going wrong?
[/quote]

AFA football may join the Big East, but there is no way in hell that their other sports join the Patriot league. The patriot league conference is full of small schools with small athletic budgets. In the MWC AFA's longest conference road trip for non-football sports was Fresno at about 840 miles away. In the Patriot league their shortest road trip would be Bucknell at 1500 miles away. The AFA travel budget would sky rocket. They would be sending multiple teams almost every week on 1500+ mile road trips, maybe AFA can afford that, but I seriously doubt the Patriot league member schools want to add a conference opponent that's 1500+ miles away.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1250115" timestamp="1345827005"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=101078.msg1247910#msg1247910 date=1345506224]
3. BE football money

2. Invite a few schools.
[/quote]

AFA football may join the Big East, but there is no way in heck that their other sports join the Patriot league. The patriot league conference is full of small schools with small athletic budgets. In the MWC AFA's longest conference road trip for non-football sports was Fresno at about 840 miles away. In the Patriot league their shortest road trip would be Bucknell at 1500 miles away. The AFA travel budget would sky rocket. They would be sending multiple teams almost every week on 1500+ mile road trips, maybe AFA can afford that, but I seriously doubt the Patriot league member schools want to add a conference opponent that's 1500+ miles away.
[/quote]The plan is to get Denver to travel partner with AFA. I think the Patriot League would welcome all 3 service academies.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1250778" timestamp="1345864835"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=101078.msg1250115#msg1250115 date=1345827005]
3. BE football money

2. Invite a few schools.
[/quote]

AFA football may join the Big East, but there is no way in heck that their other sports join the Patriot league. The patriot league conference is full of small schools with small athletic budgets. In the MWC AFA's longest conference road trip for non-football sports was Fresno at about 840 miles away. In the Patriot league their shortest road trip would be Bucknell at 1500 miles away. The AFA travel budget would sky rocket. They would be sending multiple teams almost every week on 1500+ mile road trips, maybe AFA can afford that, but I seriously doubt the Patriot league member schools want to add a conference opponent that's 1500+ miles away.
[/quote]The plan is to get Denver to travel partner with AFA. I think the Patriot League would welcome all 3 service academies.
[/quote]

That would be an even worse idea, because now you're talking about non-revenue sports possibly making 2 1500+ mile trips instead of 1. I just don't see either AFA or the Patriot League wanting to make this move. What's the incentive?

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1250878" timestamp="1345869184"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=101078.msg1250778#msg1250778 date=1345864835]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=101078.msg1250115#msg1250115 date=1345827005]
3. BE football money

2. Invite a few schools.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That would be an even worse idea, because now you're talking about non-revenue sports possibly making 2 1500+ mile trips instead of 1. I just don't see either AFA or the Patriot League wanting to make this move. What's the incentive?
[/quote]Knock Knock, do you not know what a travel partner is. It would be just the opposite of what you said. Non-revenue would make 1 trip for 2 games.

The incentive for AFA is a huge payday in BE football and Olympic sports in conference with Navy and Army.
Denver men's sports, lacrosse, hockey, men's swimming and diving fits very well in Patriot League. Denver already needs to travel to play those sports, why not do it in a conference.

When Denver was in the Sun Belt they were sending their teams all the way to Florida.  I don't think it matter what conference they are in they still have to travel a lot.  I guess if the money if right then AFA could join the BE for football and put their other teams in PL.  I just think that's a long shot but you never know. But I still don't see the remaining MWC schools inviting Lamar, no matter what we think about it.  If they refuse to take New Mexico State then there's no way they want Lamar.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1251139" timestamp="1345924682"]
When Denver was in the Sun Belt they were sending their teams all the way to Florida.  I don't think it matter what conference they are in they still have to travel a lot.  I guess if the money if right then AFA could join the BE for football and put their other teams in PL.  I just think that's a long shot but you never know. But I still don't see the remaining MWC schools inviting Lamar, no matter what we think about it.  If they refuse to take New Mexico State then there's no way they want Lamar.
[/quote]Ok since you want to use exact words. MWC commissioner said no to Idaho and NMSU. He also said no non-football schools and he will invite the Texas schools. Cola, who are the Football playing Texas schools?
No CUSA, BE, SEC, or Big 12 football playing school in Texas will leave their conference to go to the MWC. So who are those Texas schools the MWC commissioner is targeting?  Can anyone tell me?

[quote name="UNLV" post="1251434" timestamp="1345950025"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=101078.msg1251139#msg1251139 date=1345924682]
[/quote]Ok since you want to use exact words. MWC commissioner said no to Idaho and NMSU. He also said no non-football schools and he will invite the Texas schools. Cola, who are the Football playing Texas schools?
No CUSA, BE, SEC, or Big 12 football playing school in Texas will leave their conference to go to the MWC. So who are those Texas schools the MWC commissioner is targeting?  Can anyone tell me?
[/quote]

Texas State and North Texas.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="1252625" timestamp="1346089435"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=101078.msg1251434#msg1251434 date=1345950025]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=101078.msg1251139#msg1251139 date=1345924682]
[/quote]

[/quote]Use a bit of common sense. North Texas will not leave conference games in San Antonio, Houston, Tulsa, and New Orleans to play in Fort Collins and Laramie. And pay a 5 million dollar exit fee.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1252884" timestamp="1346108566"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=101078.msg1252625#msg1252625 date=1346089435]
[/quote]

[/quote]Use a bit of common sense. North Texas will not leave conference games in San Antonio, Houston, Tulsa, and New Orleans to play in Fort Collins and Laramie. And pay a 5 million dollar exit fee.
[/quote]

And you think Texas State will???  They are both Sunbelt schools so there is as good a chance for NT as TXST.  Im not sure either would trade that for a MWC that has gotten so deperate they would be going after Lamar? 

[quote name="kingkat99" post="1253173" timestamp="1346167223"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=101078.msg1252884#msg1252884 date=1346108566]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=101078.msg1252625#msg1252625 date=1346089435]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And you think Texas State will???  They are both Sunbelt schools so there is as good a chance for NT as TXST.  Im not sure either would trade that for a MWC that has gotten so deperate they would be going after Lamar?
[/quote]This is North Texas last season in the Sunbelt. Next year they will be playing in CUSA. You did know UNT was going to CUSA?
Texas st would be as crazy as Lamar was for going back to the Southland to not go MWC. MWC still ranks higher than the SBC. Will you be happy for Lamar if the MWC invites Texas st and Lamar?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder