DCTF Under the lights 3a rankings

Is it just me, or is 3A getting HUGE? Seems like 3a has twice as many teams as any other classification. I'm sure I'm wrong, but sure seems that way. Another thought is looking at all these 3A schools that were 4A power houses as little as a couple years ago. Seems like we have a very interesting trend here.......the 5a schools are getting so huge they are the size of some colleges. 4A seems limited now and 3a is huge. Does anyone think the UIL needs to re-classify the whole state? Make a 6A and get rid of the subdivisions in the other classifications?  You would have 6 through 1A.  Maybe the 4a schools would be 5a, the 3a schools be 4a, etc.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1230774" timestamp="1339785240"]
Here is DCTF under the lights show 3a rankings:

1. Stephenville
2. La Marque
3. Carthage
4. Coldspring
5. Navasota
6. Argyle
7. Wimberley
8. Henderson
9. Waco La Vega
10. Celina

There are rankings for all other classifications also on the show. It comes on again tonight at 6:30 on FOXSW
[/quote]

WO-S still probably has the easiest route to the championship.. Out of all these teams Coldsprings will be the only one WO-S probably has to play in the playoffs, and that would be in the 4th round. All the other teams will most likely go D-1

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1231878" timestamp="1340244438"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=100559.msg1230774#msg1230774 date=1339785240]
Here is DCTF under the lights show 3a rankings:

1. Stephenville
2. La Marque
3. Carthage
4. Coldspring
5. Navasota
6. Argyle
7. Wimberley
8. Henderson
9. Waco La Vega
10. Celina

There are rankings for all other classifications also on the show. It comes on again tonight at 6:30 on FOXSW
[/quote]

WO-S still probably has the easiest route to the championship.. Out of all these teams Coldsprings will be the only one WO-S probably has to play in the playoffs, and that would be in the 4th round. All the other teams will most likely go D-1
[/quote]

La Marque, Argyle,  Celina, Henderson,  and Wimberly will all most likely go D2. Navasota and Tyler Chapel Hill also both have a chance to go D2 as well.

District 27
Fredericksburg 975
Boerne 958
Fischer Canyon Lake 916
Bandera 751
Wimberley 699
Geronimo Navarro 496

District 24 (*-no football participation)
Stafford 945.5
Columbia High of West Columbia 817
La Marque 741
Houston KIPP * 520
Sweeny 593
Houston KIPP Sunnyside 520

District 18 (*-no football participation for playoffs)
Taylor 882
College Station * 917.7
Navasota 749
Madisonville 613
Caldwell 538
Rockdale 474

District 16
Kilgore 964.5
Tyler Chapel Hill 961
Henderson 888
Gilmer 631
Bullard 606
Gladewater 586
Longview Spring Hill 506.5

District 10
Carrollton Ranchview 835.5
Frisco Lone Star 825
Argyle 668
Celina 587
Aubrey 516

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1230868" timestamp="1339858820"]
The Trojans should be very good again this as Coach Barbay does a tremendous job and the offseason program is probably one of the best in the State.  We are deserving of the ranking at this point, but it is based off of last season.  We will see how good we are early on as we face two of those top five teams and two in class 4A.  [b]I would love to see a matchup between Coldspring and WO-S in the playoffs again it should be another great matchup as I'm assured they are much improved and very strong again this year[/b].  Should be a great year in 3A.  I think the field is wide open.
[/quote]

That'll happen in the first round, if y'all manage to win your district.  Because WOS is coming in 2nd to BC this year, baby!  B-I-G.... R-E-D... Biiiiiiiiiig Red! 

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to this season getting kicked off...

LM can't afford to look past more than 1 game at a time....starting off with their 2 biggest rivals...G-Ball and Texas City...then playing Coldspring, Lamar Consolidated and St. Pius X...if we make it through those 5 games healthy we feel we'll be ready for when it starts counting.

It'll be interesting to see how Jasper does with Coach Barbay starting out and bringing back the spread. I know they're not top-25 talent yet, but they should good enough to make the playoffs out of their district this year and get better after that. They'll score plenty, but they'll only go as far as the defense takes them. That's always been the biggest indicator of how good they are.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder