Montgomery VS Lamar Consolidated Game 2- Bears Win 8-0! Tickets to RR punched!

Lamar Consolidated 0
Montgomery            5
Mid 5

Montgomery just made a few mistakes this inning, but escapes the damage. (hbp, hit the lead runner in the head trying to turn 2, both runners advance on a wild pitch, shallow line drive to center keeps LC from tagging up, after a full count several pitches were fouled off but eventually Bolland K's the batter for the 3rd out)

Thanks Brenhamfan- been working late out of town just tuned into the game. How has Montgomery scored- errors? Looks like this team has gone under the radar but not no more! This team has been solid in the field and really made good fundamental plays (great in the playoffs).
Should have stuck with your BEARS pick Brenhamfan- the way they are playing they would have beat Barber Hill Also!!

[quote name="texasaggie" post="1227757" timestamp="1338515880"]
GO BEARS!! Montgomery is dominating the region this year in stick and ball sports! (you can throw in tennis and golf too) I'm prepping to go to Austin EARLY tomorrow morning for softball!
[/quote]

No doubt!  Putting it together when it matters!  Even though we split with y'all in softball, and got the sweep in baseball. ;)  We won the district in both, but y'all are gonna win the region in both, and that's what matters.

Lamar Consolidated 0
Montgomery            8
Final

Boland goes the distance.

Congrats to the 4A region 3 champs, the Montgomery Bears!  A very classy program, making their 2nd trip ever to Round Rock. (Last trip was 2005) I'll be there supporting you guys!  Bring the title back to region 3, where it belongs.  The best baseball is played in region 3, not the coastal bend!

Thanks to the Bears, 17-4A has won the region the last 4 years!

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1227753" timestamp="1338515689"]
Thanks Brenhamfan- been working late out of town just tuned into the game. How has Montgomery scored- errors? Looks like this team has gone under the radar but not no more! This team has been solid in the field and really made good fundamental plays (great in the playoffs).
Should have stuck with your BEARS pick Brenhamfan- the way they are playing they would have beat Barber Hill Also!!
[/quote]

At the begining of the year, I did pick Montgomery to win 17-4A & the region this year!  Got half of that right.  If we can't go to Round Rock, I'm glad it's y'all who are going.  It's a great experience and the kids and fans will love it!

Boland baffles Lamar Consolidated, helps Montgomery advance to state
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/courier/sports/baseball-boland-baffles-lamar-consolidated-helps-montgomery-advance-to-state/article_23d14ca9-a252-52fe-906d-9afd93c1ac26.html
      Montgomery 8, Lamar Consolidated 0
Lamar Consolidated 000 000 0 — 0 2 2
          Montgomery 004 103 X — 8 7 1
Records — Lamar Consolidated: 25-11. Montgomery: 29-13.
WP: Ty Boland (11-3; 7 IP, 2 H, 6 K, 1 BB, 1 HBP)
LP: Ryan Menefee.
Leaders — Montgomery: Ty Boland: 2-3, 3 RBI; JT Gorski: 2-3, 2B, 2 RBI; Gunner Vaught 1-3, 2 RBI.
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Montgomery-baseball-completes-sweep-of-Lamar-3600913.php

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1227798" timestamp="1338524601"]
Wish I was but I'm out of town for a couple of weeks for work but I will be following and listening closely. How about you? [b]Any word on the the other three regional finals?[/b]
[/quote]

Region 1- Waco Midway vs. Cleburne.  Game 1 was postponed untill today at 1 pm. 

Region 2- Rockwall Heath beat Wakeland 8-1 in Game 1.  Game 2 tonight at 7:30

Region 4- Lake Travis and Boerne Champion start their 3 game series tonight at 7:30

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1227863" timestamp="1338560150"]
[quote author=Monkeynuts link=topic=100328.msg1227798#msg1227798 date=1338524601]
Wish I was but I'm out of town for a couple of weeks for work but I will be following and listening closely. How about you? [b]Any word on the the other three regional finals?[/b]
[/quote]

Region 1- Waco Midway vs. Cleburne.  Game 1 was postponed untill today at 1 pm. 

Region 2- Rockwall Heath beat Wakeland 8-1 in Game 1.  Game 2 tonight at 7:30

Region 4- Lake Travis and Boerne Champion start their 3 game series tonight at 7:30
[/quote]

Cleburne won Game 1 today 5-1.  Game 2 is Saturday at 2pm with Game 3 to follow if necessary.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124