Coach Josh Finney

Guest incognito123

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1228008" timestamp="1338574051"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100289.msg1227978#msg1227978 date=1338569040]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100289.msg1227927#msg1227927 date=1338564811]
[quote author=EastTxguru link=topic=100289.msg1227887#msg1227887 date=1338562733]
Good grief this is a football forum not freakin OPRAH segment!!! You clowns know it wasn't meant as a slam at special needs kids...put your freakin PC antennae's down and put your big boy panties on...dang, folks like that get me riled up so early in the morning, you should move to California and sip wine with the  other limp wristers!!! Hang in there Bobcat 55, you just wait till Finney gets those boys hard as nails and knockin the fire out of your opponents...you aint seen nothin' yet!!! YOU WILL LOVE "FINNEY-BALL" but you can bet the teams you play wont!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND YOU HAVE A NEW FAN FROM NORTHEAST TX.!!!!
[/quote]Thanks. Good post.
[/quote]

I guess in the effort to be somewhat nice in my previous post on this matter, my point was missed somehow.  So let me be more direct....crap like what is posted here is against forum rules.  Not necessarily the first word usage, but the reaction once an objection to that word was raised.  Apparently, HD you can dish but can't take as evidenced by your whining and moaning is response to my previous post.  The rules will be enforced to the best of my ability...yeah...I might miss some...but I will correct the ones I catch.  So the choice is yours, HD and for EastTXguru, the same goes for you, you can abide by the rules or you can have your posts deleted from here on in and, if you do it often enough, lose the privilege to visit this board altogether.

And since WWE is a popular flavor on this thread, let me oblidge:

And that's the bottom line! 'Cause WOSgrad said so!

Good day gentlemen!
[/quote]WOSgrad I have and will follow all rules on this forum. Been on here for years posting. I have taken alot of heat over the years for the passion I have for my team. I figured you had seen me take it many times. I pick back often and dish it out, like you said. WOSgrad you are a partial administrator and you mingle with us regular threaders to much. You are very biased and at times you are very unprofessional. I will say your football knowledge is great, you have been very helpful at times. People are reading your statements, remember you represent SETXsports. I feel like my posts are good when regarding my team and very passionate.
[/quote]

You have not taken heat for support of your team, you have taken heat because you have decided to belittle those (much like you did earlier in this thread) who wish to disagree with you on the current state of the Hull-Daisetta football team.  However, as most of those appeared to be back and forth have been between rival teams, I never intervened.....have I?  No, I intervened one time when you decided to thumb your nose at a local high school coach who noted an objection to a word that you used and did so in an manner, at least initially, that is far more inocuous than normal for me.  And in response, the person who was two days ago, on this very thread, called one member a "TARD" and suggested that another seek "scrapbooking message boards" is going to lecture me about professionalism?

You funny!

Biased?  How so?  Against Hull-Daisetta?  If that were the case and I was an "unprofessional" as you claim, you'd been banned a long time ago.  The fact of the matter is that I, to the extent I have contact with him, I get along great with Coach Finney, whom I happen to agree will be a great asset for Hull-Daisetta.  For that matter, I enjoy a good relationship with Coach Slack and Coach Barbay and did all the time they were at H-D.

Biased in favor of West Orange-Stark?  Guilty as charged.  We all have our biases on here, that's what kind of make things fun.  But I have gotten rid of Mustang supporters who violated rules.  When I come on this board telling about rules violations, I represent one entity, SETXsports.com, and do so enforcing the rules as set out by the owner of this board.  That you should have no doubt about.

[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1228060" timestamp="1338583183"]
So how bout that Coach Finney... yay.... hello....nothing?? Lol. I swear this stuff is better than TV soaps!! I'm not getting into this other than ..... GO BOBCATS! YOLO!!
[/quote]

As of a few weeks ago, Coach Finney was still in the process of completing his staff.  He also said he was still getting to really know the players, but his response to the preview questionnaire indicated that he was well on his way to accomplishing that.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Power M" post="1228016" timestamp="1338576780"]
'Scuse me, but H-D will be the powerhouse of Southeast Texas football again?  What are you smoking?  Go back to where ever you came from and stay there.
[/quote]

Not smokin a thang!!! Let me give you a short history lesson on what Finney did here. Prior to his arriving Maud was the laughing stock of northeast tx. football. Three years prior to his arrival we won a total of 4 games (one being a forfeit). Basketball same, track was even worse. Four years that Finney was here we lost one district game...ONE...four disrict championships, deep playoff runs two of those years...basketball made the playoffs for the first time in decades (and won a game), track was even more dramatic two district championships 2nd other two years, area champions two years baseball deep playoff runs every year...exceptional athletes? NO average players that bought into an off season program that made them faster, quicker and much stronger...the same thing will happen there if the kids will listen and buy in to the program...[b]the only thing that will be "smoaked" is HD's opponents!!![/b]

@mr WSGrad-Calling people "fools" is frowned on in the Bible...just sayin.
[/quote]

If you are the one that made the original post have you already changed your forum name?  Anyway, you did not catch the drift of my response.  I am in no way putting down the new Coach.  Just sayin' that there are many football "Powerhouses" in Southeast Texas.  H-D is not going to be a MAJOR one because they are Class A.  Had you restricted your coronation message to "Class A Powerhouses" then I would not have bothered to reply.
Now, really?  Are you Power M or EasTxguru or both? :D

Guest Air Bisquit
Gotta love HD!!
The Bobcats have not played a down of football this year, and Coach Finney has already brought the swagger and attitude back to HD's players and fans.

I know  EastTXGuru a retired coach who was on Finney's staff at Maud & Teague great guy. Wish he would have gone with Finney to HD. Kids would have really loved him.

Go Bobcats

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1227248" timestamp="1338399247"]
[quote author=dawgs20 link=topic=100289.msg1227244#msg1227244 date=1338398692]
I hope 55 you are not going to jump off the band wagon of the coach if he does not turn it around like you say he is. Coach Slack was a hometown man and it did not take long for all yall to jump off. Good luck with your new coach and rember dont be the first one to jump off if it does not go your way,
[/quote]Brother I am a Bobcat, born and raised. I love Hull-Daisetta, and have always stood by my team even when we lose. I am sorry people like you don't understand that. H-D is a special place to play, places like WOS, Newton, and LaMarque understand. Also, I have always backed up Coach Slack, never did I do anything more than praise him and his staff, Joe Allen is a friend of mine. I have never jumped off the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat Bandwagon!! So know your roll and shut your mouth! If you smell what the cats... are cooking!!
[/quote]lmao

I also am excited for the Bobcats, I can remember when you would rather play any surrounding school besides HD because you were gonna get hit. I just wish I were in a position to join him now. I expect big things out of Coach and the Bobcats.

I can only report on what I have seen in HD as of late and it looks good. I have seen the football players attitude change and even seen the school getting involved. The field house looks great, the weight room is organized and the field is well groomed. It has been a long time since I have seen a HC step in and make the positive changes that Coach Finney has made in his short time at HD. When a teachers report to the HC that the attitude of the players have chaged, that is a statement of great leadership/discipline. That is what it is all about. When its all over, that is the two things you wont to see any player walk away with. Leadership and Discipline.   

[quote name="BOBCAT@3D" post="1228385" timestamp="1338815562"]
I can only report on what I have seen in HD as of late and it looks good. I have seen the football players attitude change and even seen the school getting involved. The field house looks great, the weight room is organized and the field is well groomed. It has been a long time since I have seen a HC step in and make the positive changes that Coach Finney has made in his short time at HD. When a teachers report to the HC that the attitude of the players have chaged, that is a statement of great leadership/discipline. That is what it is all about. When its all over, that is the two things you wont to see any player walk away with. Leadership and Discipline. 
[/quote]You are dead on! I have seen the same thing. Great post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder