2006 Preseason All SETX Softball Team Outfield

JohnnyT60

Alyssa Breshears - LCM. Made All-District last year and has gotten much better. Just don't know if she will stay in the outfield or move to 3rd base.

Britni Collins - Very good talent, started most of the year in the outfield at LCM last year including every game of the State Tournament. Awesome bat!

Katye Harris - Incoming Freshman at LCM, not sure where she will play but she will make a big impact, even with her Dad around !

Julianne Viator - Another incoming Freshman that will make a big impact. Good arm, good speed and since she has moved strictly to the left side batting she is killing the ball!

Ashley Kuhn - Nederland. I'm not for sure where she will be playing, but she is AWESOME !! Probably the best talent in the area. Plus she was newcomer of the year last year.

I don't know the name of this one. But, the girl that plays Centerfield for Most Wanted is awesome. I believe she is from Kirbyville and she threw out 2 or 3 runners at the plate with perfect throws to the plate. Maybe DH can help with the name.

Also, from Silsbee - Caroline McClelland. Kid can cover some ground and always seems to be in the right place. Has a good arm as well as a good bat. I just don't know how much action she will see in the outfield because of her pitching duties. Plus, she , like Ashley Kuhn has that GREAT smile that brightens up a ball field! She is an awesome kid!!

Guest bcofgsa

B. Collins from LCM has been working very hard this fall and if it carries over to school ball she can be an impact player. She has hit for power but is also very selective in her at bats. She runs well and will make the effort to be a top outfielder.

Nominations for Outfield are:

Ashley Jones-PAM

Hanna Godina-Kelly

Layne Ford-Kelly

Alyssa Breshears-LCM

Britni Collins-LCM

Julianne (Buster) Viator-LCM

Katye Harris-LCM

Ashley Kuhn-Nederland

Shelby Fluker-Kirbyville

Debra Hamor-LCM

I think we need a incoming freshman team. How do you put an incoming freshman on the preseason team, when you do not even know if they will be on varsity or not? :? So many nominations of freshman!!!! Come on now, don't you all think that is a little far fetched?

Guest bcofgsa

I would rather you not mention mine at all. She has a lot to prove to me,herself and all of you before she can be put on any list. I do know she has what it takes to play several different postions but until it happens she's nothing more than an incoming freshman and also a newcomer to LCM. Thanks for the vote of confidence but we will wait to see it on the field.

I agree with JT with incoming Freshmen you never know what the compation level they have been playing against was. A 7 inning game game is a lot different from 1 hour or 1:15 hours game and there is a lot of maturity difference between a Freshmen and a Senior. It is hard to replace the four years between 9th and 12th grades. There are always some 9th graders who step up and make a splash but not many.