Buna vs Hemphill

Buna should win the series no matter what happens with the weather.  Buna has 3 pretty darn good pitchers in Walden, K. Clark, and E. Franklin. Saw hemphill play the other night and I don't think they can beat Buna with any of those three on the mound.

[quote name="greenhornet" post="1220617" timestamp="1336689596"]
Twine will be at the State Track Meet in Austin I believe on Friday.
[/quote]That's too bad...twine is a stud!!! Kid has a swing.  Nevertheless Buna will have to hit to win. As always walks will b major factor. The bye should have all arms fresh and ready for Buna  Hopefully defense will b sharp despite break. Should b a battle!!!

2A long jump is scheduled for 9am Friday..Twine would be able to make it back in time for the game. As far as him not throwing that hard and has control problems, give me a break. The kid is only a Soph.. Alot of us get better with age, but I don't think many of us could stretch the truth as far as slingin the ball at 86 plus mph. Much less hit it.

[quote name="txathlete7" post="1220839" timestamp="1336759690"]
it doesn matter how hard the kid throws buna has hit off to kids throwing low 90 uppper 80..... bridge city number one and two and big sandy number one all three could chunk and had nasty off speed to back it up buna still hit them.... nbd
[/quote]

Pretty sure Ryan Hendrix (Big Sandy) threw a no hitter against Buna. So you cant accurately make that quote.

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1220927" timestamp="1336766701"]
Buna doesn't hit great just has a knack for doing it at the right time. Buna has seen LeMoine and that's the only person around 90. If kids are throwing 90 there will be scouts there and they be getting lots of interest.
[/quote]

Not sure where some of you get you info but Hendrix has been clocked over 90. Again not an accurate quote to say that the only person Buna has seen is the LeMoine kid.

[quote name="Grizz" post="1221451" timestamp="1336838412"]
[quote author=Franchiseball link=topic=99836.msg1221419#msg1221419 date=1336834652]
So who is Hendrix getting looks from? If he is over 90 then he will have scouts all over him
[/quote]
Not sure what scouts are looking but the kid is only a junior
[/quote]

Yep you are right. He is only a Junior; therefore not being spoken to directly by scouts- because they cant. But he has people looking. Not my place to say who because he isnt my kid- but he is a good ball player to say the least.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• The locals have almost finished firing the first ever Speaker of the House from Southeast Texas upon direct order of Trump and his minions.   It's a sad day... Locals have decided that being represented by the most powerful man in the House didn't mean anything.... they'd rather a political novice to represent this part of SETX.  And why is that?  He wasn't MAGA enough for them.  Who cares that it will hurt locally... What Trump says, goes.     Just yesterday I saw Trump on television demanding that we fire Phelan... How he's a RINO, weak on the border, etc... why?  Because he wouldn't overlook the criminal actions done by Ken Paxton, one of Trump's key supporters in the effort to overturn the 2020 Election and allow Trump to remain in office despite the will of the voters.   Trump never even mentioned Covey's name, and I doubt he would recognize Covey if Covey walked up with a cup of coffee.  Who cares that it's bad for SETX?  Not the R voters from SETX!   Then I saw Covey's preacher on a different ad tell a bald face lie.  Why should Phelan be fired?  "He put Democrats in positions of power in the House."  Really?  That's been the position of BOTH parties for as long as anybody can remember.  They ALWAYS give the minority party committee chairmanships.  But in 2022 the Rs decided that the practice should stop.  Democrat voters should not be allowed a voice in the crafting of legislation if there is a single majority Republican seat in the House, according to the Rs.  Representative Government?  Never heard of it, huh? Never did I believe that we'd have an abortion ban, constitutional carry, huge cuts for school property taxes, and Texas law enforcement being greenlit to enforce immigration law.  But it all happened while Phelan was speaker.  Without a doubt, the most conservative Speaker, ever.  But still a dirty RINO for not being MAGA enough.  It would be funny if it weren't true.   I've been following politics long enough to remember when Rs couldn't get elected in Texas... I'm confident that we're headed back that direction.  I mean, it's obvious that with population shifts we'll be turning blue eventually.  I think that the behavior of the leadership of the Republican Party is going to cause that shift sooner than expected.  I won't be surprised to see Democrat Senators and possibly even a governor elected within 12 years.  Maybe less.  The Rs will be a party apparatus without a voting base behind them.
    • Yellowjacket faithful are still pouring into Hudson HS’s Gipson Field!!!!  
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • The game will be live streamed for those that have Game Changer under the Chester team thread.  I believe the radio station out of Palestine will have radio broadcast.
    • For those John Candy lovers (my attitude right now): This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics