Barbers Hill vs. Nederland Game Thread/Barbers Hill advances 5-2!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="baddog" post="1218009" timestamp="1336097857"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=99685.msg1218006#msg1218006 date=1336097737]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=99685.msg1217997#msg1217997 date=1336097505]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=99685.msg1217991#msg1217991 date=1336097363]
1 down 3 to go.
Congrats to the Eagles. Just goes to show you that coin flips don't win games.
[/quote]

Who said they did?
[/quote]
Me.
[/quote]

So, you were wrong?

[/quote]
I guess you could say that. I felt a one gamer at home COULD give Ned an advantage.

[/quote]

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1217915" timestamp="1336095320"]
[quote author=GeeGanderdad link=topic=99685.msg1217910#msg1217910 date=1336095092]
Hey guys when u get to the field tell your kids to check there windows because Lucas just hit a moon shot to run rule this Golden triangle team..
WALK OFF STYLE!!!!
PS... You don't need hits when garbage is on the mound..
[/quote]

Gee Gee....

Livingston is NOT in the Golden Triangle.  It's in POLK county.

Tonight I learned BH has no English classes and Baytown no geography classes. 
Thank God I live in Nederland where our kids are educated.
[/quote]

LOL ... You must have not seen the sign your "educated kids" had to pull down and correct before the game tonight".

[quote name="liltex" post="1218068" timestamp="1336100357"]
Congrads to BH 8)
[/quote]Who is BH number one pitcher? Saw a couple of scouts with radar guns on the big closer .. He was throwing 91 to 92 mph... Kind of cocky not starting your ace in a 1 gamer

[quote name="baddog" post="1217984" timestamp="1336097086"]
Ned hasn't played well in the last few games. I guess we have a case of the don't wannas. Good game BH.
[/quote]

Tonight, the Bulldogs played better than I have seen them play in a long time....They were hitting the ball, which is something they haven't done in a while...Just couldn't finish....They didn't give this game to BH, they had to work for it....Great job Dogs and Good Luck to the Hill as you move on.....

We have three #1's.  All three have had a great season and all enjoying watching the others work. 
Great win BH, those hitters really made the most of the walks and errors with some very timely hits, and made Brown work hard and throw alot of pitches to get outs.  That's what good offensive teams do. 

[quote name="rounder17" post="1218020" timestamp="1336098015"]
Good [b]look[/b] to Kody Thompson for the rest of the playoffs, and I guess the rest of the team. BTW, how did he do tonight?
[/quote]

Good [b]luck[/b]  ;)

[quote name="injun" post="1218098" timestamp="1336102000"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=99685.msg1218068#msg1218068 date=1336100357]
Congrads to BH 8)
[/quote]Who is BH number one pitcher? Saw a couple of scouts with radar guns on the big closer .. He was throwing 91 to 92 mph... Kind of cocky not starting your ace in a 1 gamer
[/quote]Thats him Long! That whole team was pretty good as far as pitching goes...They have the pitching to make a deep run..Kinda reminds me of Trevins Jr year when we had Bellow, Brown , Laird , Smith, Pitts ,

[quote name="SportsFanLuke" post="1218124" timestamp="1336104873"]
Hail Mary, if you're referring to the GCM game, the sign was removed from the press box because the white paper could interfere with players picking up the flight of the baseball. There were no words spelled incorrectly. The sign read BTHO Livingston.
[/quote]
Nope ... Was referring to the Nederland game where the sign read "Beat The Eagels"

[quote name="injun" post="1218098" timestamp="1336102000"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=99685.msg1218068#msg1218068 date=1336100357]
Congrads to BH 8)
[/quote]

According to the Baytown Sun article from last week the starter in tonight's game, Thames, is the #1.

From the Baytown Sun April 27th:

[i]No. 5 – Barbers Hill baseball team. The Eagles have taken flight under head coach David Denny. Denny guided Kingwood to a pair of state championships and has the Eagles poised to win the outright 19-4A title with a victory over Crosby tonight. Barbers Hill has one of the most competitive players in the area in Christian Thames. They also have one of the best athletes in the area in sophomore Kaleb Denny. [b]If Grayson Long can be a strong No. 2 starter[/b], the Eagles have a shot to make quite a playoff run.[/i]

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1218148" timestamp="1336121695"]
I just assumed that Long was the guy ...I thought he was the # 1 last year..It doesnt matter they are both good
[/quote]

Long was the #1 last year and I agree with what you said, just thought I'd clear up why Thames was the starter in a one gamer. Coach wasn't being cocky as stated earlier, just pitching the guy he thinks gives him the best chance to win.

[quote name="RIP09" post="1218149" timestamp="1336122536"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=99685.msg1218148#msg1218148 date=1336121695]
I just assumed that Long was the guy ...I thought he was the # 1 last year..It doesnt matter they are both good
[/quote]

Long was the #1 last year and I agree with what you said, just thought I'd clear up why Thames was the starter in a one gamer. Coach wasn't being cocky as stated earlier, just pitching the guy he thinks gives him the best chance to win.
[/quote]They all threw the ball well for sure. Just looked to me like the scouts were there to see the guy that closed..They had their radar guns on him even while he was in the bull pen.(he looks like he is 6'6" or taller "a beast" )

Congraulations BH Yall have a very good team. The Dogs only chance for the next round was playing one game. The Dogs were a fourth place team for a good reason. They were not clutch hitters all year long against good teams. Good luck to all of the seniors. Now lets get serious about this coming Bulldog football season.

I too am glad my kids go to Barbers Hill as well!

As for Nederland, your a good second choice.  Most of them have class and I will say that D 20-4A top teams have as much fan support as any district.  It has been fun and good competition playing the Dogs and Indians.
Good luck to the Dogs seniors.

Congratulations Eagles.  All the odds, one game, visitor, at there place after the gift provided last year there, facing a good pitcher in Brown, were against you.  Well Done!  Keep it going Eagles!

I'm so proud!http://www.setxsports.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder