SFA vs Baylor Bears

Those Bears are brutes! In a cute way of course they are ladies off the field.. but on the field they bring it! They were not the third best team in a field of nine....besting teams like Texas Tech, Texas, Kansas and Mizzou in the Big Twelve with a 5-2-1 in that conference  and  15-4-1 Overall for nothing. If you have the opportunity to play them be sure you are well adept at dodging, leaping over or taking the full brunt of a slide tackle with some bad INTENTIONS... because they come early and often... balls played in the air no problem.. they are 5 10 plus across the middle and maybe more and look like the offensive line of the cowboys... the Dallas Cowboys!

Oh well how did the dainty Lady Jacks do you asked.. Held them to a 0-0 draw after two thirty minute halves and only conceded the winning goal after the second 15 minute overtime with 5 minutes left in the game.

Zuri started and played all but 5 minutes of the beginning of the second half. Roughly 85 minutes total.

final score Baylor 1  SFA 0.

I was very proud of their effort.

We will meet them again at their place in the regular season  sometime in September and looking for a different ( winning ) result.

Coach Amato has beefed up our regular season 2012 schedule with matches against Baylor, Texas Tech, LSU and the University of Houston as well.. he is not leaving it to chance that a weak schedule will cost us another bid to the NCAA tournament again next year because we laid an egg in the Southland Conference tournament.  SFA wants some respect.

No we are not a top twenty five team.. but we deserve a shot to play the best teams in the country.. win loose or draw.

Since someone I know does not like plugging his on daughter I will.. Chloe Chiasson's St. Edwards squad had some very good results against the Texas Longhorns this spring... A win and a draw! Says a lot for the quality of players being recruited to St. Edwards.

Speaking of St. Edwards I had a very close friend who has a daughter playing softball and she plans to attend St. Edwards as well and will be coached by  UT alum and US National Team star pitcher Cat Osterman.. one of my favorite softball players of all time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder