20-4a DISTRICT PREDICTIONS!

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1212467" timestamp="1334801913"]
[quote author=Lions#80 link=topic=99073.msg1212181#msg1212181 date=1334776236]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=99073.msg1212157#msg1212157 date=1334772959]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=99073.msg1212149#msg1212149 date=1334771818]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=99073.msg1211984#msg1211984 date=1334753023]
1. Nederland (1 district loss)
2. LC-M (3 losses)
3. Ozen (3 losses)
4. Central (3 losses)
[/quote]Goooooood ! Count out them Injuns..... ;)
[/quote]I have reliable information on PN-G.  ;)
[/quote]What about Vidor, you can't leave them out.
[/quote]
what's livingston got coming back? and let em leave vidor out, just like they did last year.
[/quote]We only have Collins, not enough to beat anybody, we are rebuilding this year. We just hope to be spoilers. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="phunter308" post="1212662" timestamp="1334844377"]
District 20-4a
1. Nederland
2. Vidor
3. Livingston
4. Ozen
5. PN-G
6. Central
7. LC-M
8. Lumberton

That said 4-7 could really be difficult to pick. Ozen no Tre Green but Jakobi, Central=questionable coaching but good athletes,PN-G lost alot but good coaching, LCM = not good defense but if Cesar plays well and stays focused.

PN-G 66 I don't know where you are getting your numbers but they are highly inflated. PN-G lost the most out of the district including Bertrand, Nelson,Miller, Nicotre and Davis. I know for a fact they do not average no 265 on offense or 250 on defense, but it is nice to dream. I see them a lot myself not to mention I know a few of them lol.

I believe Vidor returns the most followed by Nederland. Nederland lost 5 starter on offense 2 linemen, 2 running backs and 1 receiver. Lost 4 starters on defense 1 linebacker, 1 linemen,1 corner back, and 1 safety. Offensive line will be bigger this year and the defensive front will still be the best in 20-4a.
[/quote]Explain why you think Livingston will be third, I can't see it.

1. Ned
2. Vid
3. PNG
4. Cen
5. Ozen
6. Liv
7. LCM
8. Lum

Top returning teams will be at the top again. Nederlands stacked with good ball players and adding a very good young group to that. Vidor probably drops off after this year, but they will make some noise in 2012.

I would expect 3-6 will compete for those 3 & 4 spots.

I am not sold on Ozen without Green!
Central has the most seasoned returning QB and that allways counts for something.
Collins gives Livingston a chance in everygame, but I am not sure about Livingston without it's stable of RB's and if they have to throw they are in trouble.
PNG has some talent returning, but the big question mark is how will this Senior class look. They didn't do well on there own a few years back, but with talented Junior and Sophomore classes next year I suspect by a few games into district they will be solid enough to take a playoff spot.
LCM will not win with Sezar alone! wonder what he would look like in Silver and Blue?  ;)

A little insight on PNG. The Indians will be fine upfront on both sides of the ball. They have another great reciever to replace Nelson and the RB's situation will be ok also. The biggest ? for this team will be the QB position. I remember AJ Smith throwing bombs from the 50 yard line in practice last season but he needed some work on his short to medium range passes. I recently was told he has made a good amount of improvement in this area and believe he will be a great QB for PNG next season. I really believe that PNG will be in the playoffs next season. I cant rank the teams yet because i know to little about the other teams in our district. One really cool stat about AJ that you all might find intresting is that he is around the 6'5" mark but oves around like someone much smaller and he has a really strong arm. I will get back to you all after spring training and give some more opinions.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1212157" timestamp="1334772959"]
[quote author=surfer73 link=topic=99073.msg1212149#msg1212149 date=1334771818]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=99073.msg1211984#msg1211984 date=1334753023]
1. Nederland (1 district loss)
2. LC-M (3 losses)
3. Ozen (3 losses)
4. Central (3 losses)
[/quote]Goooooood ! Count out them Injuns..... ;)
[/quote]I have reliable information on PN-G.  ;)
[/quote]

I hope the reliable source isn't Biaplayer!!!!!

I can't really give a ranking because I don't know enough about the other teams this year, but I feel confident saying Nederland, PN-G and Vidor (not necessarily in that order) will make the playoffs. I'd like to think Central will be the fourth playoff favorite, but that's a big question mark after last year. The other team I feel has real playoff chances is Ozen.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1212810" timestamp="1334863256"]
I can't really give a ranking because I don't know enough about the other teams this year, but I feel confident saying Nederland, PN-G and Vidor (not necessarily in that order) will make the playoffs. I'd like to think Central will be the fourth playoff favorite, but that's a big question mark after last year. The other team I feel has real playoff chances is Ozen.
[/quote]
No love for LCM? They return the fastest running back in 20-4A and a QB with one year of starting experience.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1212848" timestamp="1334867308"]
No love for LCM? They return the fastest running back in 20-4A and a QB with one year of starting experience.
[/quote]

If LC-M wants love, they're going to have to earn it. They had great prospects in 2010 as well and didn't go anywhere with it.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1212871" timestamp="1334871749"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=99073.msg1212848#msg1212848 date=1334867308]
[/quote]

If LC-M wants love, they're going to have to earn it. They had great prospects in 2010 as well and didn't go anywhere with it.
[/quote]
True. Good point. Didn't think of that.

Nederland and Vidor are the favorites and should battle for the top spot. Central has a proven QB who can play, but will the coaching be there Soulja? LC-M should have a strong offense with a speedy running back and a seasoned QB, but will they have a Defense? Ozen lost too much, so I don't see them in the postseason based on that. Don't know much about Livingston or Lumberton, and you can NEVER (kills me to say that) count PNG out of the talk.
1. Nederland (yes, I'm a Homer)
2. Vidor (Love what Matthews has accomplished)
3. LCM (Speed Kills)
4. PNG (that hurt)
5. Central (coaching too big of a ?)
6. Livingston (u never know)
7. Ozen (Lost too much to graduation)
8. Lumberton (sorry, don't hate)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1212894" timestamp="1334876032"]
Nederland and Vidor are the favorites and should battle for the top spot. Central has a proven QB who can play, but will the coaching be there Soulja? LC-M should have a strong offense with a speedy running back and a seasoned QB, but will they have a Defense? Ozen lost too much, so I don't see them in the postseason based on that. Don't know much about Livingston or Lumberton, and you can NEVER (kills me to say that) count PNG out of the talk.
3. LCM (Speed Kills)
4. PNG (that hurt)
[/quote]
I can agree with most of that except I think Livingston will definitely cause a little more uproar than PNG. Coaching can only you so far when you don't have much starters coming back. Idk maybe i'll be wrong but that comes with trash talk. I'm sticking to my original.

1. Vidor (returning a lot of talent including Big Q and some running backs that got some starts last year and performed well. Plus only loosing 3 seniors on defense is kinda big)
2. Nederland (got a lot coming back on defense but lost there main running back but returns some experience and a dang good QB)
3. Livingston ( one of the top 3 QB's in the district and good coaching and good defense)
4. LCM or PNG (lcm has the fastest running back in the district and a good QB but i'm kinda ify on there defense and png lost quite a bit but has that good receiver and a great coach)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1212928" timestamp="1334883166"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=99073.msg1212894#msg1212894 date=1334876032]
3. LCM (Speed Kills)
4. PNG (that hurt)
[/quote]
I can agree with most of that except I think Livingston will definitely cause a little more uproar than PNG. Coaching can only you so far when you don't have much starters coming back. Idk maybe i'll be wrong but that comes with trash talk. I'm sticking to my original.

1. Vidor (returning a lot of talent including Big Q and some running backs that got some starts last year and performed well. Plus only loosing 3 seniors on defense is kinda big)
[b]2. Nederland (got a lot coming back on defense but lost there running back and i think QB, correct me if i'm wrong)[/b]3. Livingston ( one of the top 3 QB's in the district and good coaching and good defense)
4. LCM or PNG (lcm has the fastest running back in the district and a good QB but i'm kinda ify on there defense and png lost quite a bit but has that good receiver and a great coach)
[/quote]

Hopkins (rb) got some time last year and Raines (qb) is back for his senior year.

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1212932" timestamp="1334883475"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=99073.msg1212928#msg1212928 date=1334883166]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=99073.msg1212894#msg1212894 date=1334876032]
3. LCM (Speed Kills)
4. PNG (that hurt)
[/quote]

[b]2. Nederland (got a lot coming back on defense but lost there running back and i think QB, correct me if i'm wrong)[/b]3. Livingston ( one of the top 3 QB's in the district and good coaching and good defense)
[/quote]

Hopkins (rb) got some time last year and Raines (qb) is back for his senior year.
[/quote]
Did hopkins ever start a game? and Okay thank you i'll fix it.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1212934" timestamp="1334883558"]
[quote author=19bulldog88 link=topic=99073.msg1212932#msg1212932 date=1334883475]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=99073.msg1212928#msg1212928 date=1334883166]
3. LCM (Speed Kills)
4. PNG (that hurt)
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Did hopkins ever start a game? and Okay thank you i'll fix it.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure his starts were at the fullback position, that being said, don't know if he would stay @ fb or take a tailback spot?

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1212946" timestamp="1334885506"]
one thing to remember. an off season and summer can change things. positions change sometimes. your speedy tail back that did wonders for you last year could very well hit a summer growth spert and not be so speedy and agile anymore. just sayin.
[/quote]
Agree! We can only GUESS at what might happen based on what we saw last year, and what each team is returning this year. I've seen teams who lose a lot of talent to graduation (as PNG does this year), and have kids develop over the summer and win district during a 'rebuilding year'.

Heck, last basketball season, after making a Regional Tourney appearance, our Nederland boys lost 5 starting Seniors plus 3 other Seniors who played a lot. This past season, we had ZERO returning starters and only two Letterman from the previous year-one Fresh and one Soph. We had other kids develop in the offseason (last Spring/Summer) and we were able to retain the District Title (Love ya DV
  ;) ).

Proof that ANYTHING can happen, which keeps it interesting.

1.  NEDERLAND
2.  Vidor

Well, for the rest of the district, knowing what I know about the D for Nederland, I would just forfeit your games vs Ned. :o  And fill in your names in the 3 and 4 spots.....

Not bragging ???, but let me for just a sec, back field will bring a whole new dimension to the O.  Watch out!  It's the Year!!!!!!

Dogs run away from the pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1212957" timestamp="1334886338"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=99073.msg1212946#msg1212946 date=1334885506]
one thing to remember. an off season and summer can change things. positions change sometimes. your speedy tail back that did wonders for you last year could very well hit a summer growth spert and not be so speedy and agile anymore. just sayin.
[/quote]
Agree! We can only GUESS at what might happen based on what we saw last year, and what each team is returning this year. I've seen teams who lose a lot of talent to graduation (as PNG does this year), and have kids develop over the summer and win district during a 'rebuilding year'.

Heck, last basketball season, after making a Regional Tourney appearance, our Nederland boys lost 5 starting Seniors plus 3 other Seniors who played a lot. This past season, we had ZERO returning starters and only two Letterman from the previous year-one Fresh and one Soph. We had other kids develop in the offseason (last Spring/Summer) and we were able to retain the District Title (Love ya DV
  ;) ).

Proof that ANYTHING can happen, which keeps it interesting.
[/quote]
exactly my point. just like everything, highschool football is unpredictable. look at vidor last year, picked second to last based on being young and losing starters from the previous season. i guess everyonr figured out those sophs developed during the off season and came to play. no one predicted them to be a playoff contender let alone go to the third round.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1212960" timestamp="1334886410"]
1.  NEDERLAND
2.  Vidor

Well, for the rest of the district, knowing what I know about the D for Nederland, I would just forfeit your games vs Ned. :o  And fill in your names in the 3 and 4 spots.....

Not bragging ???, but let me for just a sec, back field will bring a whole new dimension to the O.  Watch out!  It's the Year!!!!!!

Dogs run away from the pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Sound like a pretty good deal to me, with the price of gas , no need to take a beat down.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder