Central's Smith to sign with Highland Community College

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1205443" timestamp="1333411213"]
http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Central-boys-basketball-player-Smith-to-sign-with-3453833.php
[/quote]Big congrats.  It was a pleasure to have witnessed this kid help this Jaguar team.  I'll be following this kid as I know has the tools to do special things on the next level.  Knock 'em dead kid!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1205556" timestamp="1333456897"]
I liked his honesty about his game and what he needs to do to get to D1.
[/quote]I agree.  There was room for improvement.  The athletisism is there.  He's a pretty decent 3 point shooter and his midrange game developed greatly in the last year.  Work on dribbles and sky is the limit.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1205592" timestamp="1333462027"]
If that kid could have learned to play the PG position for FOUR years, he would have been BIG TIME...He will be fine in Jerre's system at Highland, and will be a heck of a steal for some program two years from now.
[/quote] YES, I totally agree with you and BmtSoulja's evaluation.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1205592" timestamp="1333462027"]
If that kid could have learned to play the PG position for FOUR years, he would have been BIG TIME...He will be fine in Jerre's system at Highland, and will be a heck of a steal for some program two years from now.
[/quote]3

This is so ture... I think he was a BIG TIME talent that was mis-lead in high school.  By now he should be a TOP PG instead he played a hybrid forward because of his athleticism.  He would have been unguardable at PG!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder