Local TABC All-Staters & All - Region

at Dick vitale. You still did NOT answer my question. How is it okay for someone to constantly take ill advised shots? He is a good player but he needs to learn the difference between a high percentage and a low percentage shot. It is NOT just my estimation, numerous fans have the same complaints about him so your theory is shot. Coach Sutherland has pulled him out of games after ill advised shots and dug in his butt so it couldn't be okay with him. Stop making excuses and answer my question directly. Do you think that it is okay for a basketball player to continually take ill advised shots? It is not smart especially when you are getting pulled out of the game for doing it. It seems like a no brainer to me.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198190" timestamp="1331923673"]
at Dick vitale. You still did NOT answer my question. How is it okay for someone to constantly take ill advised shots? He is a good player but he needs to learn the difference between a high percentage and a low percentage shot. It is NOT just my estimation, numerous fans have the same complaints about him so your theory is shot. Coach Sutherland has pulled him out of games after ill advised shots and dug in his butt so it couldn't be okay with him. Stop making excuses and answer my question directly. Do you think that it is okay for a basketball player to continually take ill advised shots? It is not smart especially when you are getting pulled out of the game for doing it. It seems like a no brainer to me.
[/quote]

But yet Coach Sutherland would insert Johnson right back into the games. ::)

It is not okay to continually shoot ill advised shots.

But, Johnson continually started and played high minutes for a Coach Sutherland led team that went 39-2 and made their 6th straight regional tourney.

It is obvious that you are making a great mountain out of a mole hill here. ;)

cbosha, I say the heck with Beaumont. We need a guard, of his caliber, in Nederland. I will offer room/board and tutoring if needed. We will welcome him with open arms. He will be treated like my own son. No promises on the All-District, or All-Region teams. PM me for further details.

The grass is not always greener somewhere else.There are ball "hogs" everywhere you go. Johnson is a good player and i guarantee you we would not have made it as far as we did without him. Period. I watched every single game this year and Devante played better on a more consistant basis. Now I know Zjori was injured throughout the year and played through the pain which impressed me and everyone else alot. Now thats not saying Devante didn't have some good games, but when you 15 years old that going to happen. You need to realize that these kids read this sight often and their feelings do get hurt by these post. Maybe you should have just left your postings more general in that you felt Zjori was the best player on the team and not called out a kid by name.

For the guy who said he probably won't make it in beaumont I need to give you a little info. My nephew plays with a team in the summer comprised of mostly Ozen players. He starts. I have had people tell me that he (my nephew) might even be better then Shawn when is a Senior. They know basketball.

Sometimes coach Sutherland would not insert him right back in the game. He would sit for a while.. At HJ 15, I don't think Zjori is the best one on the team. Shawn is hands down. You are right Zjori played injured most of the year. Maybe I should have made my comments more general, but I was pissed off at the time and hindsight is 20/20. I asked the moderator to delete my comments, but people kept responding with inaccurate information so I felt compelled to defend myself. In no way am I jealous of Devante, in my opinion my nephew is better then he is and he shouldve been on the team

@HJ15, you said you watched every game and devante played more consistently. Please explain. Did you not see all of those wild shots Devante was jacking up. Also how is it that certain teams ran special defenses to stop my nephew and shawn yet noone did the same to stop Devante. Lavega ran a triangle and two. they had a player following Shawn and a player following Zjori the entire game. The rest of the team played a zone. Why didn't they do that for Devante if he were more consistent. @Dick Vitale nor do i care to know who you are. At KHSalum how is it that he is getting touches now with a team comprisedof mostly Ozen players. He plays point guard.

@dick vitale, it is obvious to me that you know nothing about basketball. Didn't you say that Yates didn't recruit? I was talking to a coach from Houston a couple of days ago and was told that they are positive that Yates recruits because that team stole a couple of the players from their school

@hj15, I admit that Devante averaged more points, but when you shoot 30 times a game; irregardless of what the defense is doing, that is not hard to do. i am almost positive that he did not average more steals, assists and I don't think he shot a higher FG percentage then my nephew.

One more thing and i am done with this post forever. To the person that said my nephew would more then likely not get many touches with ozen that response is completely illogical. Lets think about this for a minute. Hardin-Jefferson was considered to be the best team in the area. With that being the case, if my nephew can start as a freshman and a sophmore for the best team, wouldn't it be logical to assume that he could also start for a less talented team?

[quote name="cbosha" post="1198232" timestamp="1331928938"]
One more thing and i am done with this post forever. To the person that said my nephew would more then likely not get many touches with ozen that response is completely illogical. Lets think about this for a minute. Hardin-Jefferson was considered to be the best team in the area. With that being the case, if my nephew can start as a freshman and a sophmore for the best team, wouldn't it be logical to assume that he could also start for a less talented team?
[/quote]

Lol. Comical.

I said nothing about him not starting. He will start wherever he goes in SE Texas.

Maybe my post is a little too deep for you. Think about the Miami Heat's Big 3 (Bosh, Wade, James). On a team full of good players, it is only logical that someone's stats will suffer....

I would be so embarrassed if you were my family member.  To come on a message board and tell how awesome someone is and how much ability they have is ridiculous. Everyone knows he's good, you don't have to remind anyone. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="cbosha" post="1198236" timestamp="1331929657"]
He sure does get a lot of touches with team Sneed. A team comprised of Ozen players. He is the only one from hj. How is that happening?
[/quote]
There's no limit to your whining, is there"

actually my family is not embarrassed. My sister feels the same way that I do. We beleive in fighting for what is right. That's what we do... ;) Noone has been able to answer my questions so i am done for real this time.. It has been lovely. You all have a great day!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="cbosha" post="1198232" timestamp="1331928938"]
[/quote]
I hope you are true to your word because, in my opinion, your nephew must be mortified by now as a result of your slanted/accusatory posts.  And to answer you before you post, no, I don't personally know your nephew.  I have seen him play and he is good now and headed to be outstanding - if you will leave him alone.  You are in no way helping him with your belly aching about not being chosen to some superlative team.  Now, if you can post in good conscience that Zjori is in agreement with your attitude as has been posted on this subject, then he isn't man enough to become the player that he could be.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="cbosha" post="1198224" timestamp="1331927460"]
@hj15, I admit that Devante averaged more points, but when you shoot 30 times a game; irregardless of what the defense is doing, that is not hard to do. i am almost positive that he did not average more steals, assists and I don't think he shot a higher FG percentage then my nephew.
[/quote]
But you haven't checked the stats on any of these categories, have you.  You are "almost positive" and "You don' think."  The last statement is the definitive one.

Have you checked the stats? I am certain that he averages more steals and assists and shoots a high fg percentage. I watch the game, it's obvious. I would keep stats to keep my nephew encouraged. My nephew is more laid back then I am. I am a in your face kind of person.. I am not embarrased to voice my opinion because I have freedom of speech according to the constitution. If you don't like the posts don't read it. It is as simple as that. Wow I am having a lot of fun. ;)