Your Dream Fishing Destination

Guest Wildcat 08

Guest Wildcat 08

Your Dream Fishing Destination

Where is the one place in the world that you would like to go and what kind of fish would you fish for?

Mine is to go to the Amazon River and fish for peacock bass.

Probably Lake El Salto in April chasing double digit bass, I have several friends that have gone and lose count of the 5-7 lbs fish they catch. A group of 6 went and boated 5 fish better than 10 lbs. The biggest being 12 and some change. One day I hope to make a trip! I also would love to battle out a giant blue marlin in the deep Atlantic.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya know tvc,  I've whatched those guys fish for bones and permits on those flats w/ fly rods plenty of times.  And although I love every kind of fishing from bass to perch to offshore,  that particular fishing does absolutely nothing for me.  It just doesn't look like any fun at all for some reason.  I guess it takes all kinds.

Just give me my bass rod and we'll ALL be happy!

Ya know tvc,  I've whatched those guys fish for bones and permits on those flats w/ fly rods plenty of times.  And although I love every kind of fishing from bass to perch to offshore,  that particular fishing does absolutely nothing for me.  It just doesn't look like any fun at all for some reason.   I guess it takes all kinds.

Just give me my bass rod and we'll ALL be happy!

You ever flyfish?

i dnt know about that its preety cool when you can catch fish on a lure that you made...anyone can go buy lures and catch fish but its really cool to catch fish with one that you made!

Yep, tying flies is fun. I have some flies that are about 6 inches long. Contrary to some people's beliefs, flies can be huge and there are flyrods that can handle 300+ pound fish.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124