**#3 WARREN @ # 5 BUNA Broadcast**/BUNA WINS 8-1!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rounder17" post="1197733" timestamp="1331838525"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=97445.msg1197732#msg1197732 date=1331838344]
He has hit 91-92 at his Coach workouts so if I had to guess 87-88 would be real close.
[/quote]

Really? Where has he committed to?
[/quote]
Coach Couples has a list of Colleges that have called to inquire when he will be pitching so they can come check him out, not sure if they have committed yet.

Pretty safe to subtract 5mph from anything you have heard,  and 1 mph for every year over 18 you are if you are talking about yourself.  Havent seen the kid this year, but last year he had leverage and threw without a lot of effort with a live arm, would seem likely he has only increased in velocity with age and strength.  That is what our district needs to see, and compete against if we want a good chance in playoffs (whoever goes).  If a team can handle upper 80's or possible low 90's then they will go far.  But if the first time you see it, is in the playoffs, well.....better hope you have the other kid who can throw it!!!  just sayn......

[quote name="Sportsfan1968" post="1197793" timestamp="1331846658"]
Pretty safe to subtract 5mph from anything you have heard,  and 1 mph for every year over 18 you are if you are talking about yourself.  Havent seen the kid this year, but last year he had leverage and threw without a lot of effort with a live arm, would seem likely he has only increased in velocity with age and strength.  That is what our district needs to see, and compete against if we want a good chance in playoffs (whoever goes).  If a team can handle upper 80's or possible low 90's then they will go far.  But if the first time you see it, is in the playoffs, well.....better hope you have the other kid who can throw it!!!  just sayn......
[/quote]

i mean, i threw like 103mph in High School myself back in '87

[quote name="Franchiseball" post="1197792" timestamp="1331846584"]
So how many scouts are at the big D games..... You would think they would be there watching if he is that good
[/quote]
In earlier post, Coach Couples has the names and schools who are inquiring about Jacobs schedule.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1197827" timestamp="1331854078"]
[quote author=SteelerCzy link=topic=97445.msg1197732#msg1197732 date=1331838344]
He has hit 91-92 at his Coach workouts so if I had to guess 87-88 would be real close.
[/quote]
umm id say he TOPS at 87-88. He throws hard, but not that hard. Maybe next year. But until then, 92 is but a dream.
[/quote]
So you at the workouts when he does throw low 90's?  ::)

Guest Go4BB1194
No he's not but just let them think what they want too !
Steelercrazy, we've been to the games & practice,
we know what he is able to do.they just like putting the boys
down with him he loves the game & loves the challenge

[quote name="Go4BB1194" post="1197841" timestamp="1331856232"]
[/quote]
It always amazes me how people can argue a point without having the knowledge to back up their point. i.e. at the workouts when he does hit that on the gun. Keep working hard Jacob, your future is definately bright.

[quote name="Go4BB1194" post="1197841" timestamp="1331856232"]
[/quote]
Whose putting anybody down? Ive seen the kid throw a couple times. In fact he was on the gun down here and TOPPED OUT at 87. But nobody is bringing the kid down. Simply stating a fact that was proven to me and not just stated on this website by some person who has no idea who I am. The kid is good. Really good. But lets not get carried away. He got outpitched when he came to Woodville. But maybe he had a bad game.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1197848" timestamp="1331857116"]
[quote author=Go4BB1194 link=topic=97445.msg1197841#msg1197841 date=1331856232]
[/quote]
Whose putting anybody down? Ive seen the kid throw a couple times. In fact he was on the gun down here and TOPPED OUT at 87. But nobody is bringing the kid down. Simply stating a fact that was proven to me and not just stated on this website by some person who has no idea who I am. The kid is good. Really good. But lets not get carried away. He got outpitched when he came to Woodville. But maybe he had a bad game.
[/quote]
Out pitched at Woodville? He threw 24 pitches in 3 innings, that was it.

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1197855" timestamp="1331857609"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=97445.msg1197848#msg1197848 date=1331857116]
[quote author=Go4BB1194 link=topic=97445.msg1197841#msg1197841 date=1331856232]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Out pitched at Woodville? He threw 24 pitches in 3 innings, that was it.
[/quote]

24 pitches in 3 innings is outstanding. Hard to be out pitched like that.

[quote name="Go4BB1194" post="1197807" timestamp="1331849252"]
As far as signing NCAA rules states he can't sign till July
[/quote]

I understand the rules. That's why I said commit, not signed. If a junior is touching 90, surely he has some offers on the table, especially with his frame.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa