Local High School Basketball Talent Off The Chart

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just calling it like I see it Dickey V.  Im tired of parents saying that the coach didnt get my son a scholarship or since I played at the 3a or 2a level I didnt get a good scholarship.  If you have said this before Dickey V, then it must be the truth. I have a son thats a 10th grader.  He is a decent ball player, but I dont see him as a D1 player at this point.  Thats why Im scheduling visits and camps at Hutson Tillotson in Austin, Wiley College, UT-Tyler schools along that magnitude because my son knows that its about his EDUCATION. Parents need to be real with their kids.  There are only a few players that get to D1 and some dont graduate, but all these other colleges need players to.  So im getting there attention, not waiting on our head coach or his AAU coach.

[quote name="PA4Life" post="1198220" timestamp="1331927216"]
Im just calling it like I see it Dickey V.  Im tired of parents saying that the coach didnt get my son a scholarship or since I played at the 3a or 2a level I didnt get a good scholarship.  If you have said this before Dickey V, then it must be the truth. I have a son thats a 10th grader.  He is a decent ball player, but I dont see him as a D1 player at this point.  Thats why Im scheduling visits and camps at Hutson Tillotson in Austin, Wiley College, UT-Tyler schools along that magnitude because my son knows that its about his EDUCATION. Parents need to be real with their kids.  There are only a few players that get to D1 and some dont graduate, but all these other colleges need players to.  So im getting there attention, not waiting on our head coach or his AAU coach.
[/quote] Great piece! Parents need to become more proactive. My kids will be on Spring Break next week and they will prepare introductory letters to at least 10 colleges expressing their interest in attending their school on an athletic scholarship. It gives them some ownership in preparing for their future.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="stevenash" post="1197356" timestamp="1331771203"]
Prudhomme has two pretty solid possibilities not sure if he has a firm offer but the interest is high from two schools-  if anybody is interested I will give three to one odds he winds up at a d-1 school on a scholarship
[/quote]

Does this 3-1 odds bet still stand or do you have the "loophole" of "eventually" getting a DI scholarship after being at a JUCO for 1-2 years? ;)

Aggie, as any sensible person knows, its really late in the game and those offers are far and in-between. And I agree with your point being made ;)

A friend of mine is bringing  in a  guy to help explain the process to put your kid in a position to help become a student-athlete after high school. Its a process and most parents just aren't aware. With the raw talent I see in this area, there is no reason why kids can't get [color=red]developed[/color] by the time they graduate from high school and continue on as student-athletes.

[color=red]Unsigned seniors [/color]that are interested in playing need to call 832-493-0207 or email [email protected] as soon as possible so that final rosters can be set.  There [color=red]is no cost to the player[/color] and is [color=red]one more chance to get to play in front of college coaches to show them what you can do.  Each player will receive a free showcase [/color]jersey, play two games and have the opportunity to participate in a three point and dunk contest.  Some of the top unsigned senior talent has already signed up.  Don't pass up this great opportunity to show that you can play. 

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1208502" timestamp="1334073477"]
[color=red]Unsigned seniors [/color]that are interested in playing need to call 832-493-0207 or email [email protected] as soon as possible so that final rosters can be set.  There [color=red]is no cost to the player[/color] and is [color=red]one more chance to get to play in front of college coaches to show them what you can do.  Each player will receive a free showcase [/color]jersey, play two games and have the opportunity to participate in a three point and dunk contest.  Some of the top unsigned senior talent has already signed up.  Don't pass up this great opportunity to show that you can play.
[/quote]

Free "marketing" for these seniors.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1208584" timestamp="1334080017"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97235.msg1208502#msg1208502 date=1334073477]
[/quote]

Free "marketing" for these seniors.
[/quote] Yep, especially if that senior has no offers and he's a step away from filing a financial aid package thast he's going to pay back

I personally would love to put on a showcase for seniors in Southeast Texas.  If I could get the backing and a gyym.  I would self promote it, send out college invites to D2,JUCo, NAIA schools and if the head coaches from the area would send their players I would.  Im talking about in the next couple of weeks.  Whose in it to help get this dream as a reality.  Let me know.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1208595" timestamp="1334080568"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=97235.msg1208584#msg1208584 date=1334080017]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=97235.msg1208502#msg1208502 date=1334073477]
[/quote]

BlueDove3
Quite Frankly I think this is outstanding!  Where will these 2 games be played?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124