Silsbee Tiger Basketball Next Year

[quote name="stevenash" post="1193412" timestamp="1331071507"]
You mean you dont think I know about the player coming in because of his grandmother?
[/quote]

I think everyone knows about Jontell, the transfer from Irving McArthur, who had to play JV this season, #20.

Unless BADSANTA is speaking of someone entirely different.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1193417" timestamp="1331072022"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=97164.msg1193412#msg1193412 date=1331071507]
You mean you dont think I know about the player coming in because of his grandmother?
[/quote]

I think everyone knows about Jontell, the transfer from Irving McArthur, who had to play JV this season, #20.

Unless BADSANTA is speaking of someone entirely different.
[/quote]aH YES, Johntell from Irving, Tx. Remember him well.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1193423" timestamp="1331072493"]
Nope- this is somebody who is NOT already in Silsbee (according to Badsanta)
[/quote]

Only one I have been told of is the Arnold kid, 8th grader, from Kountze that may come to Silsbee.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Yes,

It is someone totally different. He will be a junior next year and has already made plans to move back to Silsbee with his mom and dad. I won't give a name until I know it's 100 percent confirmed from his dad. He will add some serious size to Silsbee. Last I saw he was 6'5 but only averaged 6.9ppg and 8 boards coming from a 5A.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1193429" timestamp="1331072850"]
Yes,

It is someone totally different. He will be a junior next year and has already made plans to move back to Silsbee with his mom and dad. I won't give a name until I know it's 100 percent confirmed from his dad. He will add some serious size to Silsbee. Last I saw he was 6'5 but only averaged 6.9ppg and 8 boards coming from a 5A.
[/quote]

You say "moving back"? When was the last time he lived in Silsbee?

The Arnold kid will be not be moving to Silsbee anytime soon. Kountze is a great place for him to grow. The only problem with Kountze is that they don't get much exposure because they don't play in 5A or 4A tourneys. If they travel to Dallas, Houston, or Austin to play games it would be great exposure for some of their players. Shoot, Lamar doesn't even know how to recruit in SETX.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1193431" timestamp="1331072968"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=97164.msg1193429#msg1193429 date=1331072850]
Yes,

[/quote]

[/quote]

He doesn't know, because he is making it up!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1193431" timestamp="1331072968"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=97164.msg1193429#msg1193429 date=1331072850]
Yes,

[/quote]

I'm not sure. I would guess 3rd or 4th grade.
[/quote]

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1193432" timestamp="1331073025"]
The Arnold kid will be not be moving to Silsbee anytime soon. Kountze is a great place for him to grow. The only problem with Kountze is that they don't get much exposure because they don't play in 5A or 4A tourneys. If they travel to Dallas, Houston, or Austin to play games it would be great exposure for some of their players. Shoot, Lamar doesn't even know how to recruit in SETX.
[/quote]Ain't no exposure in high school and you know this Santa, but thats a whole nother subject matter ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1193432" timestamp="1331073025"]
The Arnold kid will be not be moving to Silsbee anytime soon. Kountze is a great place for him to grow. [u]The only problem with Kountze is that they don't get much exposure because they don't play in 5A or 4A tourneys.[/u] If they travel to Dallas, Houston, or Austin to play games it would be great exposure for some of their players. Shoot, Lamar doesn't even know how to recruit in SETX.
[/quote]

Ahh yes! I'm glad you mentioned "exposure". What "exposure" advantage do you have playing at either Silsbee or H-J versus playing at Kountze?

From what I can remember, the majority of the players from all 3 schools to earn scholarships in the past have gone the JUCO route.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You get your "exposure" on the AAU circuit playing with "elite" teams in the major summer tournaments.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1193448" timestamp="1331073880"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=97164.msg1193432#msg1193432 date=1331073025]
The Arnold kid will be not be moving to Silsbee anytime soon. Kountze is a great place for him to grow. [u]The only problem with Kountze is that they don't get much exposure because they don't play in 5A or 4A tourneys.[/u] If they travel to Dallas, Houston, or Austin to play games it would be great exposure for some of their players. Shoot, Lamar doesn't even know how to recruit in SETX.
[/quote]

Ahh yes! I'm glad you mentioned "exposure". What "exposure" advantage do you have playing at either Silsbee or H-J versus playing at Kountze?

From what I can remember, the majority of the players from all 3 schools to earn scholarships in the past have gone the JUCO route.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You get your "exposure" on the AAU circuit playing with "elite" teams in the major summer tournaments.
[/quote] :-X :-X

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1193322" timestamp="1331063189"]
1)  If a player played high school ball as an 8th grader....the ONLY way you can do that is if you are too old to play 8th grade ball which means his birthday HAD to be AFTER the sept. 1st deadline or he would have been playing high school ball illegally

2)  If a player played high school ball as an 8th grader due to being too old then that means as a senior he will be too old to play because of the same Sept 1st deadline
[/quote]

Chris Elam is Sophmore in class room an court he NEVER PLAYED JV in The 8th Grade just dressed out never Touched the court

[quote name="SHS_Mayor" post="1193587" timestamp="1331093395"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=97164.msg1193322#msg1193322 date=1331063189]
1)  If a player played high school ball as an 8th grader....the ONLY way you can do that is if you are too old to play 8th grade ball which means his birthday HAD to be AFTER the sept. 1st deadline or he would have been playing high school ball illegally

2)  If a player played high school ball as an 8th grader due to being too old then that means as a senior he will be too old to play because of the same Sept 1st deadline
[/quote]

Chris Elam is Sophmore in class room an court he NEVER PLAYED JV in The 8th Grade just dressed out never Touched the court
[/quote]

Then why is he classified as a Junior???

So he is about to be 19 yr old Junior???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami