Silsbee Tiger Basketball Next Year

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about that...Yates' JV could've won 20-4A this year.. ::) ::)....They have two super sophs starting for them this year..They will be good again next season.. Silsbee has a lot of solid returners so they will be able to challenge anyone in 3A as well...It will be very interesting to say the least.

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1192754" timestamp="1330993595"]
Yates losing 9 seniors off this years team, so I think Silsbee and HJ has a good chance at making another run in the playoffs...
[/quote]Yates JV is reported to be better than their varsity. They have two bigs and I know one of the bigs can ball. They are playing JV only because of UIL transfer rules. ;)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1192920" timestamp="1331002868"]
Don't know about that...Yates' JV could've won 20-4A this year.. ::) ::)....They have two super sophs starting for them this year..They will be good again next season.. Silsbee has a lot of solid returners so they will be able to challenge anyone in 3A as well...It will be very interesting to say the least.
[/quote]Okay Dickie stop being nice. Lets be open about this. Silsbee cannot compete against Yates 2012-2013 team.

You know is was worried about Yates too,but I feel the tigers will be mad and hungry about not getting to Austin,and losing the way they did, with the same group coming back they know what it takes to win and plus no one is talking about how kingwood park basically had Yates beat and let them off the hook. I think Yates is a great program but still very beatable what ever defense kingwood park used may be a blueprint on how to slow Yates down and maybe beat them, I believe Silsbee will welcome that challenge with no problem, if they get there and get that chance they can beat Yates.

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1193116" timestamp="1331047666"]
You know is was worried about Yates too,but I feel the tigers will be mad and hungry about not getting to Austin,and losing the way they did, with the same group coming back they know what it takes to win and plus no one is talking about how kingwood park basically had Yates beat and let them off the hook. I think Yates is a great program but still very beatable what ever defense kingwood park used may be a blueprint on how to slow Yates down and maybe beat them, I believe Silsbee will welcome that challenge with no problem, if they get there and get that chance they can beat Yates.
[/quote]
Kingwood Park NEVER LED AT ANY POINT OF THAT GAME...They did not "let Yates off of the hook"... ::)

DV please remember Silsbee has always been very strong basketball school even in 4A. Classification doesn't matter! Yates will be the clear favorite next year and nothing less than a state title will be accepted. You never know what Silsbee has up their sleeves either!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1193147" timestamp="1331049781"]
DV please remember Silsbee has always been very strong basketball school even in 4A. Classification doesn't matter! Yates will be the clear favorite next year and nothing less than a state title will be accepted. You never know what Silsbee has up their sleeves either!
[/quote]
I believe thats exactly what I said... ::) 8)

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1193116" timestamp="1331047666"]
[/quote]Yates was never in danger of losing. Whenever KP made a run, Yates just pushed the throttle and increased their lead enough to stay out of trouble. Yates missed their 3's and KP hit their 3's.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1193154" timestamp="1331050059"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=97164.msg1193147#msg1193147 date=1331049781]
[/quote]
I believe thats exactly what I said... ::) 8)
[/quote]
;DYes, but Badsanta feels it has more credence coming from him. ;D

[quote name="whysoserious" post="1193188" timestamp="1331053183"]
What's the deal with Chris "Man Man" Elam AAW? Will he be able to play next year? Doesn't he already have 4 years of high school experience?
[/quote]

It's my understanding he will be allowed to play the fifth year. He will still be of age.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1193204" timestamp="1331053618"]
[quote author=whysoserious link=topic=97164.msg1193203#msg1193203 date=1331053555]
Isn't that as long as your not 19 before September 1st?
[/quote]

It's my understanding he will not be 19 before Sept. 1st.
[/quote]

If Elam is eligible, Silsbee is in good shape for next year!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1193204" timestamp="1331053618"]
[quote author=whysoserious link=topic=97164.msg1193203#msg1193203 date=1331053555]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it has to do with a your age as of the State Tournament or some day in march.  A former HJ player turned 19 a week after the State Tournament a few years ago and he was eligible. 

[quote name="whysoserious" post="1193206" timestamp="1331053725"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=97164.msg1193204#msg1193204 date=1331053618]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If Elam is eligible, Silsbee is in good shape for next year!
[/quote]True! And I think they will beat HJ twice in their district meetings. ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1193209" timestamp="1331053765"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=97164.msg1193204#msg1193204 date=1331053618]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it has to do with a your age as of the State Tournament or some day in march.  A former HJ player turned 19 a week after the State Tournament a few years ago and he was eligible.
[/quote]I think you are correct.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami