Updated Week 2 Rankings (Fans)

Hobbs

Obviously, the rankings will shift around after a week of play and the opportunity for teams to show a little something.  Here's my updated 3a-5a after one week.  We'll see more movement next week...but the top 11 are pretty much set.  Give us your thoughts after a week of play.

1.  Barbers Hill
2.  Kingwood Park
3.  PNG
4.  LCM
5.  Nederland
6.  Huffman-Hargrave
7.  Livingston
8.  Bridge City
9.  GCM
10. Silsbee
11. Jasper
12. Westbrook
13. Splendora
14. Vidor
15. Hamshire-Fannett

[quote name="Hobbs" post="1185946" timestamp="1330220183"]
Obviously, the rankings will shift around after a week of play and the opportunity for teams to show a little something.  Here's my updated 3a-5a after one week.  We'll see more movement next week...but the top 11 are pretty much set.  Give us your thoughts after a week of play.

1.  Barbers Hill
2.  Kingwood Park
3.  PNG
4.  LCM
5.  Nederland
6.  Huffman-Hargrave
7.  Livingston
8.  Bridge City
9.  GCM
10. Silsbee
11. Jasper
12. Westbrook
13. Splendora
14. Vidor
15. Hamshire-Fannett
[/quote]

Hobbs, Good list, only seen these teams but here goes:

Barbers Hill...seen them against Nederland and Bridge City in scrimmage. They are well coached and hit well. Have legit 1 & 2, Nederland looked deeper to me.

PNG.......These guys can play defense and so far have the best pitching I've seen. They didn't hit that well when I seen them but did well this weekend

LCM.....They have Griff and that's a plus. Don't think they have a deeper staff than Nederland and PNG, but they can hit 1-9.

Nederland....They are bang up but are the most athletic team I've seen. They have a deep staff, play good defense but are lacking imo hitting. They played up in houston which will always make you better.

Bridge City.....They can pitch. Playing Nederland, Port Neches and LCM can only make them better. Without their starting SS and Catcher, they have competed well so far.

Admin, I agree with you on your assessment.  Barbers Hill and Kingwood Park will likely win their districts.  As will Bridge City and Huffman.  20 4A, as you, myself, and many others have stated, will be a week to week tug of war.  Nederland is the favorite going in... but Livingston, PNG, and LCM will all give them a run for their money and could conceivably take the crown.  Coaching primarily, along with pitching and returning experience with play major roles in deciding this year's 20 4A title.

No love for Lumberton sitting at 5-1? No victories against prime teams but taking care of business should probably count for something.

Not quite sure how 20-4A has become a four horse race already, and those four teams do not include 5-1 Lumberton and Vidor (they have started slow out of the gate) who has five straight playoff appearances... But I realize these are only opinions and everyone is entitled to their own.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476