Who ya got....

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1176463" timestamp="1329017384"]
I'll take Dayton in this matchup.......by 30.....
[/quote]

one up-ing me huh?  ;)  it should be an interesting game.  Dayton is way under-rated IMO and if they keep the same intensity I've seen lately they are gonna make some noise on that side of the bracket.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1176488" timestamp="1329019256"]
[quote author=tjcfan08 link=topic=95824.msg1176463#msg1176463 date=1329017384]
I'll take Dayton in this matchup.......by 30.....
[/quote]

one up-ing me huh?  ;)  it should be an interesting game.  Dayton is way under-rated IMO and if they keep the same intensity I've seen lately they are gonna make some noise on that side of the bracket.
[/quote]

Was just going by their previous scores, HGuy.....Dayton does have a good team and help off the bench....Vidor is not that lucky and watching them take so many 3's  ::).......and this is the matchup you have been poking fun at for a while, let's see if you are right!!!

[quote name="vp32" post="1175978" timestamp="1328931053"]
I love being the underdog  8)
[/quote]

Then you should REALLY love this game.

There is a defensive answer to what Vidor does and I'm sure Dayton has the athletes to exploit that.  Anything can happen and I wish Vidor good luck, but they may be overmatched here.  I plan on being there to watch this one.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1176773" timestamp="1329098918"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95824.msg1176736#msg1176736 date=1329096406]
Please don't underestimate us. We have talent and all it takes is a few slip ups and we can pull an upset.
[/quote]

No doubt, I hope that happens.
[/quote]
Me too man. You have no idea.

Guest basketball25
vidor is 22-6, this is no gimme game for dayton, vidor lost to central in OT and  the 2nd game cut it down to 8 points at central with 4 mins remaining in the game and didn't dayton only beat central by 3 or lose to central by 3?

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1176703" timestamp="1329090532"]
I also think Vidor is overmatched but would just like to say that Vidor has come a long way. This was a program that was dreadfull but now they are in the playoffs and have won more games in two years than the did the previous 5. That being said very happy for the Vidor program.
[/quote]

Exactly!  A huge turn around for Vidor's program.  22-6 this season so far...and this is on the heels of a win-less season only a few years ago.  Good luck to Vidor.

If Jones can get some help underneath then it's gonna be a nail biter for sure!! Vidor does need to change it up some...the outside shot is awesome but not when it's the only thing you use! Vidor has awesome talent underneath with Jones....focus on the team not individuals...JMO!  Good luck Pirates!!

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="1176981" timestamp="1329146646"]
If Jones can get some help underneath then it's gonna be a nail biter for sure!! Vidor does need to change it up some...the outside shot is awesome but not when it's the only thing you use! Vidor has awesome talent underneath with Jones....focus on the team not individuals...JMO!  Good luck Pirates!!
[/quote]
Yeah we had out other big post (deanna williamson sister of george, jason, jared, and jacob williamson) to a devastating, season ending knee injury. I think it was the ACL. So we've really been looking to training Richmond to help out down there but its hard since she was more like a Jacks player than anything.

Guest basketball25
they are 22-6 with 4 of those losses to ozen and central, why do they need to change it up. They struggle finishing from the inside so why not shoot it from the outside when you have shooters, basically the outside shot is a better percentage shot for vidor than getting the ball inside!! I mean the thing about vidor is the jacks girl is only a sophomore she is just going to keep getting better and better and then the team around her will keep getting better, I mean when vidor can play central into overtime and then play them close at central. Also vidor has played ozen good for a half in basically both games and ozen is the number 1 team in the state!!

I'm not saying that they need to change how they play completely by no means. I love the outside approach because we are good at it and so is allison but every good outside game needs 1 or 2 grind it out players on the inside just incase the outside game isn't there. That's just good coaching. Always have a backup plan in case your first one doesn't work.

Guest basketball25
well thats a no brainer but you don't have a inside post that can score consistent, you have won over 20 games, you lost 6 games against 4a ranked opponents and 3a ranked opponents, you are doing something right!!! Back up plan against great teams is spread it out and make it a slow tempo type game and mix it up on the defensive of side, Vidor big thing is to not give up 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities on the defensive of side and then they will be ok, vidor has no problem scoring its you got do the little things right to beat great teams and vidor is very very close to doing that.

[quote name="baseball25" post="1177061" timestamp="1329155285"]
well thats a no brainer but you don't have a inside post that can score consistent, you have won over 20 games, you lost 6 games against 4a ranked opponents and 3a ranked opponents, you are doing something right!!! Back up plan against great teams is spread it out and make it a slow tempo type game and mix it up on the defensive of side, Vidor big thing is to not give up 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities on the defensive of side and then they will be ok, vidor has no problem scoring its you got do the little things right to beat great teams and vidor is very very close to doing that.
[/quote]
Very good point. You hit the nail on the head man lol. And i thought you were a baseball guy lmao.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami