Lumberton vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland wins 62-36!

WOSgrad

If Nederland wins district, they'll more than likely face Dayton or one of those other teams trying to get that 4th spot.  Nederland will mop the floor with them.  Now  it gets interesting If something happens if they get #2 seed.  Wouldn't they be looking eye to eye with North Forest?

[quote name="bball2011" post="1174322" timestamp="1328715958"]
Do you think Nederland has a good enough team to make it a couple rounds deep in the playoffs...I've seen them play and it just seems like the whole district is down this year. I could be wrong...
[/quote]
Yes. The entire district has been down the last 2-3 years, that's why Nederland is winning.  ::)

But to answer your question, without being a smart-____, Nederland should win a couple of games in the playoffs. Depending on their 3rd round match up, they could make it back to Regionals again this year. The District 20-4A champion has to go through Humble to reach Regionals, and the runner up has to go through Crosby, Brenham, or KW Park to get there. I hear Humble is about as good as they were last year, and KW Park lost to HJ. So we know they are not as good as HJ, which means they are beatable, IMO.

[quote name="bball2011" post="1174376" timestamp="1328720273"]
Kingwood Park is the only team beside Silsbee that has given HJ a game...I wouldn't count them out. HJ only beat them by 9 and HJ beat Nederland by 25. Oh well, Good luck to Nederland and all the local teams... ;D
[/quote]
I've seen KW Park, and they are good, but nothing special. Very sound and disciplined. They are very similar to Nederland's style of play. I could be wrong, but I just don't see HJ beating Ned by 25 again if they played tomorrow. HJ was in mid-season form at the beginning of this season, and Nederland was still searching for their identity.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami