Buna's Jump to 3A

No doubt its going to be extreamly tough for the Cougars to make the playoffs with a districs consisting of West Orange-Stark, Silsbee, Bridge City, Orangefield, Hamshire-Fannett, and Hardin Jefferson. The pre-district schedule consists of Center, Liberty, and Kirbyville. In my opinion, Buna should beat HF,HJ and maybe even Orangefield and would have to upset one of the big 3,WO-S, Silsbee, and BC, to make the playoffs.

Guest ECBucFan
I wish Buna well in their new district. I definitely welcome Kirbyville into the 2A district, but wish Buna could have stayed too. Buna has a good community and school, and always treats their visitors well. Good luck Coogs!  :)   

If I'm not mistaken, Buna has alot coming back next year.  They will compete for a playoff spot.  WOS and Silsbee will more than likely be 1 & 2, but the 3rd spot is up for grabs.  Any of the remaining teams could take that spot.  It will probably come down to a point difference as it has the past couple of years.  Personally I'm glad to see Buna back in the same district as Orangefield.  The game will mean a little more this next season.  Buna was always our big rival back when I was in school, hopefully it will be again.  I think the game next season will be the 54th between the schools.

As a WOS rooter, I would like to welcome Buna to "BIG TIME" 3A Football.  Buna, you are playing with the big boys now.  I know you have a good team "BUT" your Football stadium and "PARKING" looks to be lacking.  If the "HOME" side of the stadium is the south side, where do you guys park? I know it will take an eternity get out of the stadium after the game. Is that why they call it "FRIDAY NIGHT MADNESS"?

[quote name="speveto" post="1172396" timestamp="1328446603"]
As a WOS rooter, I would like to welcome Buna to "BIG TIME" 3A Football.  Buna, you are playing with the big boys now.  I know you have a good team "BUT" your Football stadium and "PARKING" looks to be lacking.  If the "HOME" side of the stadium is the south side, where do you guys park? I know it will take an eternity get out of the stadium after the game. Is that why they call it "FRIDAY NIGHT MADNESS"?
[/quote]
Wait till you get to sit behind one of the light poles thats in front of the visitors side seating, that's always a hoot.

[/quote]

it doesnt really matter much now. but the mighty undefeated east chambers bucs took a good whoopin on that field just 2 seasons ago, and so did orangefield last season. and the cougars went undefeated on that field last season. so just cuz it might not be easy on the eyes. its still the same 100 yards everyone else plays on. js.

[/quote]

I retired from Buna this past May, and Buna needs to update several of its academic facilities long before it worries about a new football stadium. There are classrooms that need to be condemned and WO-S and other schools wouldn't stand for it....That said, Buna doesn't have the money for the upgrade, and if you do not believe it, look at what Buna pays their teachers as compared to the rest of the district.

[quote name="KDOSullivan" post="1173016" timestamp="1328556284"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=95348.msg1172396#msg1172396 date=1328446603]
[/quote]

I retired from Buna this past May, and Buna needs to update several of its academic facilities long before it worries about a new football stadium. There are classrooms that need to be condemned and WO-S and other schools wouldn't stand for it....That said, Buna doesn't have the money for the upgrade, and if you do not believe it, look at what Buna pays their teachers as compared to the rest of the district.
[/quote]This is what is happening almost everywhere now. Last year WOS played at Kirbyville. They have a very small stadium, also.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game in that "KOZY" little stadium. It was so crowded that even the pretty girls wanted to sit in my lap. No kidding, I love Kirbyville`s  little stadium and I will enjoy Buna`s  stadium when we play there.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1173478" timestamp="1328636411"]
WO-S plays its home games in a stadium that is almost 50 years old.  We won't be complaining about any other stadium.  We know what to do......get there early, stay late!
[/quote](get there early, stay late!) You just told my secret!!!!!!!  Now everyone knows.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami