Goodrich vs. Chester Game Thread/Goodrich wins 109-6!!!!!!! WOW

WOSgrad

This is pretty bad. I mean i know you all are gonna say what was he supposed to do but still. That's like being in a boxing match and you get a good hay-maker to the guy your fighting and it knocks him out cold. i mean laying there not moving and then getting on top of him and hitting him some more. I know its a fight and if the guy couldn't take it then he shouldn't have gotten in the ring but there is such a thing as sportsmanship. Blue you may not know what that is but most of us do. And you can't tell me that with a running clock going and this score that they weren't trying to run up the score.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1167561" timestamp="1327797803"]
Go to gym and get better.
[/quote]

Dove- I am a little confused by this.  In this thread where a whopping margin is involved, your answer is simply for the loser to get better.  But when HJ beat Orangefield the other night by a margin no where near this, your comment was " running up the score again".  Do I sense a degree of inconsistency here?

Don't like getting beat that bad you can either "get better" or move right?  SMH.  We are dealing with teenagers, not adults who are getting paid to play but kids who do the best they can.  The adults (coaches) are the ones who took the job to make these kids better people and help prepare them for life, not simply winning a game and humiliating the other team. 

"If I am remembered by how many games I have won and not by the person I was, then I have indeed lived a sad life."

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172455" timestamp="1328464738"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95013.msg1167561#msg1167561 date=1327797803]
[/quote]

Dove- I am a little confused by this.  In this thread where a whopping margin is involved, your answer is simply for the loser to get better.  But when HJ beat Orangefield the other night by a margin no where near this, your comment was " running up the score again".  Do I sense a degree of inconsistency here?
[/quote]Nope! Just a reminder that HJ ran the score up on some defenseless little team. Why didn't you guys didn't have to score over 30 points to win.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1172816" timestamp="1328544212"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95013.msg1172455#msg1172455 date=1328464738]
[/quote]

[/quote]Nope! Just a reminder that HJ ran the score up on some defenseless little team. Why didn't you guys didn't have to score over 30 points to win.
[/quote]

What is an acceptable margin of victory?  I notice that you never are concerned about the margins that Yates wins by.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172825" timestamp="1328545040"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95013.msg1172816#msg1172816 date=1328544212]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95013.msg1172455#msg1172455 date=1328464738]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What is an acceptable margin of victory?  I notice that you never are concerned about the margins that Yates wins by.
[/quote]  ;)

The final score of the game just reflects on poor sportsmanship, simple as that.  These are high school kids, not paid athletes, not scholarshipped athletes.....high school kids.  They do the best they can and no coach from any school should ever allow this to happen.  Let the air out of the ball, play the trainer, whatever.  And I dont expect guys like Bluedove to understand this concept.  Course, in my day, we didnt shop our kids to other schools, we had them play for the district they lived in. 

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1172855" timestamp="1328547029"]
The final score of the game just reflects on poor sportsmanship, simple as that.  These are high school kids, not paid athletes, not scholarshipped athletes.....high school kids.  They do the best they can and no coach from any school should ever allow this to happen.  Let the air out of the ball, play the trainer, whatever.  And I dont expect guys like Bluedove to understand this concept.  Course, in my day, we didnt shop our kids to other schools, we had them play for the district they lived in.
[/quote]

I guess that means your kids did not attend Yates?

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1172855" timestamp="1328547029"]
[/quote]Dang! You're trying to take this to another level. But anyway ::) If I'm the coach, I'm putting in my bench and I'm going to tell those guys to play hard as they can. No let down and we would continue to work on our press, fast breaks and sets.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172868" timestamp="1328548206"]
[quote author=texas2step4u link=topic=95013.msg1172855#msg1172855 date=1328547029]
[/quote]

I guess that means your kids did not attend Yates?
[/quote]Very obvious ;D

Blue dont let em mess with you i agree. When you step on the court you better be ready to ball. No one should ever let up Iv seen to many time teams let up and the other team ether come back or a player gets injuried from not maintaining focus by letting up. Plus when you blow out a team it gets the other teams attention and puts doubt in there head.

You don't know coach King very well. He has over 500 victories as a high school coach...He presses to start every game then lets up when they get up big on a team. Teams won't travel to play them or Goodrich girls so they have to practice while they play to get ready for playoffs. He is not running up the score...And they only have 7 players.

[quote name="trophyman" post="1174683" timestamp="1328750116"]
[size=12pt][b]can we say work on the passing game and stall the ball you have nothing to prove against a team that can't play. if you want to do this do it to the jv in practice
[/b][/size]
[/quote] Goodrich dont have a JV team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder