last playoff spot in 20-4a

any comments or thoughts on the battle for the last playoff spot in 20-4a? theres no score on the PNG livingston game from tuesday night, im just assuming that livingston won, leaving them tied in district at 5-5. the remaining schedule looks a little easier on lumbertons side, with them having vidor, png, nederland and the rematch with livingston. livingston has central, nederland, the rematch and ozen. this could come down to the rematch. but its 20-4a and its completely unpredictable. im a little biased here, but i see the raiders edging out the last spot over livingston. what are your thoughts?

[quote name="vcbasketball15" post="1166125" timestamp="1327570118"]
any comments or thoughts on the battle for the last playoff spot in 20-4a? theres no score on the PNG livingston game from tuesday night, im just assuming that livingston won, leaving them tied in district at 5-5. the remaining schedule looks a little easier on lumbertons side, with them having vidor, png, nederland and the rematch with livingston. livingston has central, nederland, the rematch and ozen. this could come down to the rematch. but its 20-4a and its completely unpredictable. [b]im a little biased here, but i see the raiders edging out the last spot over livingston.[/b] what are your thoughts?
[/quote]

I agree...but I'm a little biased myself!  ;D

The district only has 3 good teams, the 4th spot is really weak with whoever makes the playoffs spot will be atleast be 3 or 4 games under 500 or worse..... and then have to play dayton or bhill in playoffs outch!!! By the way Lumberton has alot of young talent and should be good for yrs to come!!

Well, I don't want to jinx our team but I beleive the Lady Raiders will take the 4th spot. Yes, the 4th spot will be a little weak going up against a BARBERS Hill or Dayton. But, it's better than sitting at home.  ;D 20-4A has been one of the toughest districts in Texas girls basketball over the past few years. They say it comes and goes in cycles. We have the #1 team in the state with Ozen and a strong Central team. Vidor is very competative. It was only about 5 years ago when Lumberton took a trip to the state quarter finals. Our girls are trying hard and getting better. Who knows, we may even surprise Vidor tonight  ;D

Good Luck Lady Raiders!

[quote name="LR2014" post="1166851" timestamp="1327685779"]
Well, I don't want to jinx our team but I beleive the Lady Raiders will take the 4th spot. Yes, the 4th spot will be a little weak going up against a BARBERS Hill or Dayton. But, it's better than sitting at home.  ;D 20-4A has been one of the toughest districts in Texas girls basketball over the past few years. They say it comes and goes in cycles. We have the #1 team in the state with Ozen and a strong Central team. Vidor is very competative. It was only about 5 years ago when Lumberton took a trip to the state quarter finals. Our girls are trying hard and getting better. Who knows, we may even surprise Vidor tonight  ;D

Good Luck Lady Raiders!
[/quote]
You certainly are one of the teams that could. Last game could've gone way different. But I think Jacks and #3 will not be so cocky as last time. Look out for Jones and #14 as well.

[quote name="snooker" post="1166352" timestamp="1327601746"]
raiders .. and who ever[b] coach [/b] is must be doing a pretty good job ,,, i did nt think they would be in the play off hunt this yr.
[/quote]

We do have some really good talent but . . . gotta know how to use it!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami