Ned gets road win at Vidor-Article PA News

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigdog" post="1166439" timestamp="1327610264"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94873.msg1166358#msg1166358 date=1327602435]

What facts? 9 State appearances, 3 titles, 17 district titles, 12 regional tourney appearances, .085 winning percentage....Men lie, women lie, NUMBERS DON'T... 8)

[/quote]

Only when they are incorrect.  1 State title, 3 Finals appearances, 7 State tourney appearances.  Oh by the way, how can they have 17 district titles when the school has existed for 12 years? 
[/quote]
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)....wow...really?

• 3 months later...
[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1166228" timestamp="1327591292"]
Who cares what the score was? Have you ever seen any of Coach E's team's blow many people out? Just not his style. Could have scored 100 on Vidor Tuesday, but called off the 'Dawgs'! Last time I checked, a W is a W.
Ok, fine. Not a lot of talent in Ozen the past 2 seasons. Say what you want, but are you seriously telling me that Nederland is overflowing with talent? Did you see Smith and Cunningham and the PG from last year when they were Freshman?
And I NEVER downplayed what Boutte accomplished, it was phenomenal. But it doesn't mean that Nederland's win streak would still not be sitting at 27 today if Boutte were still the coach! You admitted that the 2004 team AND the past 2 Ozen team's were not full of talent. Vidor beat Ozen when they had 'less talent', and Ned also beat Ozen with 'less talent'.

Now IF, IF a player like Perk was on those team's, I would say, you're right, Ned would not be on a 27 game win streak. But you admitted that Ozen was 'down' the past 2 seasons, and Coach E beat Ozen in 2004 3
times in one season with a 'down' team. So since Ozen has been 'down' the past 2 years, I don't think it would have made a difference if Boutte was the coach or not.
[/quote] I know i was on that vidor team and we were tied with ozen in 2003 at halftime 31-31 till we came out and the refs called 22 fouls on us and 5 on ozen that was at ozen look it up there were past refs speaking out in the bmt enterprise im trey jenkins and use to shoot tha lights out we ending up loosing 72-58 and yeah u dont c any1 beating ozen 3 times in 1 season wont happen

[quote name="tj0304" post="1220687" timestamp="1336706121"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=94873.msg1166228#msg1166228 date=1327591292]
Who cares what the score was? Have you ever seen any of Coach E's team's blow many people out? Just not his style. Could have scored 100 on Vidor Tuesday, but called off the 'Dawgs'! Last time I checked, a W is a W.
Ok, fine. Not a lot of talent in Ozen the past 2 seasons. Say what you want, but are you seriously telling me that Nederland is overflowing with talent? Did you see Smith and Cunningham and the PG from last year when they were Freshman?
And I NEVER downplayed what Boutte accomplished, it was phenomenal. But it doesn't mean that Nederland's win streak would still not be sitting at 27 today if Boutte were still the coach! You admitted that the 2004 team AND the past 2 Ozen team's were not full of talent. Vidor beat Ozen when they had 'less talent', and Ned also beat Ozen with 'less talent'.

Now IF, IF a player like Perk was on those team's, I would say, you're right, Ned would not be on a 27 game win streak. But you admitted that Ozen was 'down' the past 2 seasons, and Coach E beat Ozen in 2004 3
times in one season with a 'down' team. So since Ozen has been 'down' the past 2 years, I
don't think it would have made a difference if Boutte was the coach or not.
[/quote] I know i was on that vidor team and we were tied with ozen in 2003 at halftime 31-31 till we came out and the refs called 22 fouls on us and 5 on ozen that was at ozen look it up there were past refs speaking out in the bmt enterprise im trey jenkins and use to shoot tha lights out we ending up loosing 72-58 and yeah u dont c any1 beating ozen 3 times in 1 season wont happen
[/quote]
Was that the game where y'all (Vidor) made 18 '3s'?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476