Surprise and Disappointment

Assessing your team's season so far, what are you most surprised about (in a positive way), and what are you most disappointed/frustrated about?

For example:

I am most pleasantly surprised of Nederland's ability to find a way to win (most) close games with such an inexperienced (varsity exp) team. The Dawgs also tend to step it up a notch against 'talented teams'. It will serve them well for the post season.

I am frustrated that this young team does not have that 'Killer Instinct'
against some teams. They don't seem to be as focused when playing 'inferior teams'. Some games are much closer than I think they should be.

Very goot topic, NB-Dawg!

I'm pleasantly suprised in the good way our team  have been playing being that 3 freshmen are starting for this team.  We have upperclassmen on the bench that are good as well, but the coach has confidence in the young guns and they have not dissapointed. I'm suprised that we have become a much better 3 point shooting team than when the season first started.  We have kids that have worked on their shot and it shows when teams try to play zone on us. We also have kids that was shooting too many 3's that have slacked up and started driving  and using mid range jumpers (  8) ).

I'm dissapointed at our coaching sometimes.  We need better in game decisions and need more plays drawn up for our best players.  In crucial parts of the game, we need coaching.  I'm dissapointed that our starting senior still, after 4 years on varsity still plays out of control sometimes.  You have some much potential, but do things to get yourself put on the bench. Also, I'm dissapointed that our second best player is being too passive.  He's a great defender and scoring option.  I just wish that he does not hesetate and go after it. 

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1164710" timestamp="1327347944"]
Ok east Texas bb, maybe I should extend the topic to ask:
What do you think your team needs to improve on to maximize success for the remainder of the season?
[/quote]

Four or five need to grow about 4-6 inches but still keep their speed and quickness. ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1164711" timestamp="1327348098"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94723.msg1164710#msg1164710 date=1327347944]
What do you think your team needs to improve on to maximize success for the remainder of the season?
[/quote]

Four or five need to grow about 4-6 inches but still keep their speed and quickness. ;) ;D
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D
Ok, AAW-Maybe I should have include 'realistic' improvements!  ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1164711" timestamp="1327348098"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94723.msg1164710#msg1164710 date=1327347944]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D

[quote name="Mr. Redundant" post="1164735" timestamp="1327350291"]
Soulja-  Are you disappointed or impressed with the number of sweet mid range jumpers and/or dunks executed by your team so far?
[/quote]Actually, both.  I get an equal number of increasage in sweet mid ranged jumpers and dunks from my team!  8) 8)

I just like to see a team make layups on a consistent basis.  I really didnt see the importance Bobby Knight meant when he said, "All a HS team needs to do to be successful is not turn the ball over and make their layups".  That is paraphrased.  But in seriousness, count how many layups and FT's your team misses and the point differential in the games. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1164782" timestamp="1327355288"]
I just like to see a team make layups on a consistent basis.  I really didnt see the importance Bobby Knight meant when he said, "All a HS team needs to do to be successful is not turn the ball over and make their layups".  That is paraphrased.  But in seriousness, count how many layups and FT's your team misses and the point differential in the games.
[/quote]Which is why you don't need to blame refs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124