1. 1. Does Hardin Jefferson win by more than 10

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they did overlook Silsbee! they saw (13-6) vs (27-0). Like I have been saying HJ's ONLY real team they played this year besides Nederland was Silsbee. The Tigers sophmore guard hit a half court 3 pointer looked at HJ crowd and pulled a Chapelle Show when he played Prince. "GAME......BLOUSES"! Youtube it if your not familar with it.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1162979" timestamp="1327008256"]
Yes they did overlook Silsbee! they saw (13-6) vs (27-0). Like I have been saying HJ's ONLY real team they played this year besides Nederland was Silsbee. The Tigers sophmore guard hit a half court 3 pointer looked at HJ crowd and pulled a Chapelle Show when he played Prince. "GAME......BLOUSES"! Youtube it if your not familar with it.
[/quote]

Sorry- other "real teams" include 4A Jacksonville and Kingwood Park who has eliminated Ozen each of the last 3 years in the playoffs.  Santa, if HJ wins the next game, then you will have no problem with the HJ players going to the Silsbee side and taunting the crowd until the point that, in one case, a policeman has to force the player off the court?

Well if he hits a 40 footer off a spin move, 1 dribble, not getting a good look at the rim, high arc, off one leg while leaving a hand hanging in the air? No problem. No I don't agree with taunting and I think the Silsbee coaching staff handled all their players at practice and during the next game. Sutherland would have done the same.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1162981" timestamp="1327008860"]
Well if he hits a 40 footer off a spin move, 1 dribble, not getting a good look at the rim, high arc, off one leg while leaving a hand hanging in the air? No problem. No I don't agree with taunting and I think the Silsbee coaching staff handled all their players at practice and during the next game. Sutherland would have done the same.
[/quote]

Sutherland would have never let it happened.  As for your description of the shot, where is the guy who was telling me what a skilled effort it was?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1162992" timestamp="1327011021"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=94523.msg1162981#msg1162981 date=1327008860]
[/

Not the 1st time Silsbee has beat HJ. The 2 times in Regionals I dont recall Silsbee players taunting? You can't tell me Todd can control what a 17 yr old will do with a game winning shot from half court in a game like this. If a HJ player had of hit that shot at home what would have happened? The player would have:

1. Ran over to  the Tiger bench did the "Dougie" dance in celebration
2. Silently walked off the floor as if this was expected
3. Celebrated uncontrollable with home crowd and taunted visitors

Sutherland would have never let it happened.  As for your description of the shot, where is the guy who was telling me what a skilled effort it was?
[/quote]

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1162999" timestamp="1327011927"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94523.msg1162992#msg1162992 date=1327011021]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=94523.msg1162981#msg1162981 date=1327008860]
[/

Not the 1st time Silsbee has beat HJ. The 2 times in Regionals I dont recall Silsbee players taunting? You can't tell me Todd can control what a 17 yr old will do with a game winning shot from half court in a game like this. If a HJ player had of hit that shot at home what would have happened? The player would have:

1. Ran over to  the Tiger bench did the "Dougie" dance in celebration
2. Silently walked off the floor as if this was expected
3. Celebrated uncontrollable with home crowd and taunted visitors

[/quote]
[/quote]

Nice try Santa - but the taunting had been going on before the game winning shot as well.  Since you werent there, you can take my word for it.  None of the HJ players would have done anything that you are suggesting.  But go ahead and rationalize that conduct if it will make you feel better.  It really doesnt matter as those who pull that crap at some point, get their "comeuppance".

A buzzer beating, just inside the half court line, game winning 3 pointer over the #1 ranked team in the state on your home court and we are judging how these "kids" reacted and claiming the other team would not have acted that way. Get real!! ::)

Nobody knows how HJ or any other team would have reacted in that situation.

I realize a few of the kids got carried away but WOW, didn't know we needed to be so critical about their obvious knee jerk reactions to a game winning shot.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1163022" timestamp="1327015895"]
A buzzer beating, just inside the half court line, game winning 3 pointer over the #1 ranked team in the state on your home court and we are judging how these "kids" reacted and claiming the other team would not have acted that way. Get real!! ::)

Nobody knows how HJ or any other team would have reacted in that situation.

I realize a few of the kids got carried away but WOW, didn't know we needed to be so critical about their obvious knee jerk reactions to a game winning shot.
[/quote]

Having observed Hj behavior for twenty years(virtually every game played), I feel especially qualified to "know" how they conduct themselves in a variety of situations.  Nobody said anyone needed to be critical.  The question was simply posed to Badsanta if he would have any problem if such a knee jerk reaction happened in the reverse.  And, for the record, a portion of the taunting took place before the game winning shot was attempted.

I agree with Aggie on this one. Hardin Jefferson and Silsbee both have a  group of great young men. I don't think HJ players would have reacted any different than Silsbee if it were their home court.  It sound like some people are trying to make Silsbee players out to be bullys. I totally disagree with that. Some folk try to find any excuse when their team loses. A lost is a lost people. Build a bridge and move on. Surprise! They play again in 2 weeks! Silsbee could win again. What will be the exuse this time?

[quote name="no-look" post="1163054" timestamp="1327021189"]
Seen a score where WOS  beat Jasper by three.....was that WOS jv?
[/quote]

WOS varsity has played Jasper twice this year, winning both games, 74-63 and 66-59.

Jasper did play WOS JV in a tournament game, winning 70-67.

WOS has a very good JV team.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1163043" timestamp="1327018205"]
I agree with Aggie on this one. Hardin Jefferson and Silsbee both have a  group of great young men. I don't think HJ players would have reacted any different than Silsbee if it were their home court.  It sound like some people are trying to make Silsbee players out to be bullys. I totally disagree with that. Some folk try to find any excuse when their team loses. A lost is a lost people. Build a bridge and move on. Surprise! They play again in 2 weeks! Silsbee could win again. What will be the exuse this time?
[/quote]

No, it doesnt sound like anyone is trying to make Silsbee players look like bullys even though that is the spin you wish to put on it.  Obviously, it had nothing to do with the loss, so that wont wash either.  There will be no (as you say it)"exuse" if Hj loses to Silsbee again.  Like you said, it is what it is.  Silsbee won the game and the players taunted the opposing crowd.  Both are facts.  As for inferring that HJ would have conducted themselves in the same manner, perhaps I can get you a tape of their state title game in 2007 (certainly a FAR bigger event than last Friday night) and you can draw your own conclusions on how they behave in a "big event".

WOS by 1, Stevenash, why are you such a hater against Silsbee....I've read a lot your your post and majority of them are negative. Did you get bully by a kid back in the days in Silsbee and this is your only payback !!!!! Give us credit man, GOSH, and if Silsbee would have extended that 18 point lead to 25, then what would you have said !!! Luck Again.... You want shoot lights out every game , that's Basketball...So chill out with these "what if's "... Have you ever thought, what if Shaq would have hit his free- throws !!!

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1163068" timestamp="1327027131"]
WOS by 1, Stevenash, why are you such a hater against Silsbee....I've read a lot your your post and majority of them are negative. Did you get bully by a kid back in the days in Silsbee and this is your only payback !!!!! Give us credit man, GOSH, and if Silsbee would have extended that 18 point lead to 25, then what would you have said !!! Luck Again.... You want shoot lights out every game , that's Basketball...So chill out with these "what if's "... Have you ever thought, what if Shaq would have hit his free- throws !!!
[/quote]Well Said SilsbeeAlum14, Well Said!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics