• No

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1162876" timestamp="1326996104"]
I think HJ comes out with something to prove after the Silsbee loss and wins big:

HJ 72
WO-S 54
[/quote]
Well, the game after the Silsbee game was Tuesday the 17th.  The Hawks won that one by a 45 point margin on their court.  Playing at WO-S, I don't think the margin of
victory will be 18 points.  Hardin-Jefferson is the BEST
TEAM in 21-3A - but don't underestimate the 'Stangs in their own house. :-X

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1162888" timestamp="1326997168"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=94523.msg1162876#msg1162876 date=1326996104]
I think HJ comes out with something to prove after the Silsbee loss and wins big:

HJ 72
WO-S 54
[/quote]
Well, the game after the Silsbee game was Tuesday the 17th.  The
Hawks won that one by a 45 point margin on their court.  Playing at WO-S, I don't think the margin of
victory will be 18 points.  Hardin-Jefferson is the BEST
TEAM in 21-3A - but don't underestimate the 'Stangs in their own house. :-X
[/quote]
I hear ya, and I've seen the Stangs play 6-7 games this season. The last one was with their full squad after they got their FB players back, and they are now much improved. I still think the Hawks have something to prove even though they played a game since Silsbee.

It's a mistake to underestimate any district opponent on their home court.  I expect HJ to win this by more than two points but what do I know?  I thought they would win last Friday at Silsbee without nearly as much difficulty as they had.  I also felt (years ago) that Joe Dumars(after watching him several years when they came to Lamar) would not make it to the NBA so obviously, my opinion does not count for much.  The only advantage I have is I realize that.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1162900" timestamp="1326997977"]
It's a mistake to underestimate any district opponent on their home court.  I expect HJ to win this by more than two points but what do I know?  I thought they would win last Friday at Silsbee without nearly as much difficulty as they had.  I also felt (years ago) that Joe Dumars(after watching him several years when they came to Lamar) would not make it to the NBA so obviously, my opinion does not count for much.  The only advantage I have is I realize that.
[/quote]Thats the first step to self discovery and recovery. Knowing thyself. You , my good man are a good path.

HJ already had their wakeup call with Silsbee.  They should be re-focused now.  I originally thought that this might be a trap game for HJ if they beat Silsbee, but i think now that they have a loss we don't have to worry about them underestimating any opponents for awhile.  I say HJ wins 75-59.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1162912" timestamp="1326998942"]
HJ already had their wakeup call with Silsbee.  They should be re-focused now.  I originally thought that this might be a trap game for HJ if they beat Silsbee, but i think now that they have a loss we don't have to worry about them underestimating any opponents for awhile.  I say HJ wins 75-59.
[/quote]I think this is a very critical game for HJ. Think of the district shakeup for that 3rd spot if HJ loses.  HJ could be in a fight for 3rd. HJ, don't lose tonite.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1162914" timestamp="1326999297"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=94523.msg1162912#msg1162912 date=1326998942]
[/quote]I think this is a very critical game for HJ. Think of the district shakeup for that 3rd spot if HJ loses.  HJ could be in a fight for 3rd. HJ, don't lose tonite.
[/quote]
Hmmm- I was thinking it might be a fairly critical game for WOS.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1162915" timestamp="1326999414"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94523.msg1162914#msg1162914 date=1326999297]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=94523.msg1162912#msg1162912 date=1326998942]
[/quote]
Hmmm- I was thinking it might be a fairly critical game for WOS.
[/quote]We already have assumed WO-S will be playing for 3rd, not HJ ;)

[quote name="bullets13" post="1162912" timestamp="1326998942"]
[/quote]

I agree with you.  In the first game, Silsbee took advantage of the "shock value" of the situation.  There won't be any shock value in the next game.  The adjustments will have been made before the game starts and therefore, the opposition will have to create some other "shocking' situation and I am not of the opinion that will happen.

I don't think they overlooked Silsbee at all.  I just think that had they beaten Silsbee, they wouldn't even blink at the prospect of playing WOS.  they'd assume that nobody could beat them.  now that they've lost a game, i think it will help refocus them on the fact that they have to come out and play well every game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124