2012 McDonalds All American nominees

From the Greater Houston area:

Area McDonald’s All-American Nominees

As always, the Houston area is not lacking in nominees for the McDonald’s All-American games coming up in April.

On the boys side, there are six players from the area:

Wannah Bail, Lamar Consolidated
    Shaquille Cleare, The Village School
    Danuel House, Hightower
    Cameron Ridley, Bush
    L.J. Rose, Westbury Christian
    Rasheed Sulaimon, Strake Jesuit

No player from the SETXsports area was nominated.

For a full list of nominees, check here: http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/2012%20Nominees.pdf

Based on body of work, I think only Sulaimon (Strake Jesuit) will make that final 24 from the Houston area.  Plus he is a Duke signee, which almost GUARANTEES the nod! POSSIBLY Cameron Riddley (FB Bush) as well. POSSIBLY. He is a 6'11" kid with tremendous upside, and has had a decent season to date.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1162452" timestamp="1326927690"]
Based on body of work, I think only Sulaimon (Strake Jesuit) will make that final 24 from the Houston area.  Plus he is a Duke signee, which almost GUARANTEES the nod! POSSIBLY Cameron Riddley (FB Bush) as well. POSSIBLY. He is a 6'11" kid with tremendous upside, and has had a decent season to date.
[/quote]

I really like that PG Rose for Westbury Ch. Also saw Cleare from the Village play, he is a monster!! House is a good player but I agree, not a final 24 player.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1162478" timestamp="1326930641"]
For the women I think it use to be called the Kodak All American game and Laquan Stallworth and Brandi McCain played in it.
[/quote]

Nope, there is a McDonalds game too. Just posted on the girls forum that Ozen's Asia Booker was nominated.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1162463" timestamp="1326928793"]
Possibly Sheed only invitee from area. There is no one in this area even close to making this list.
[/quote]
So how does that work. The kid gets invited to participate in some games, then an all-American team of 24 is selected based on their performance in the games?

Thats partially correct...It DOES matter what kind of senior season the player has to an extent. However the players who have inked to the big name programs are the ones usually selected, cause it creates a huge buzz about the event. BADSANTA is correct, because there are usually some snubs when it comes to the selection.  Thats the nature of most all star events though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder