Onalaska vs. Trinity Broadcast/Trinity wins

WOSgrad

They are not in the area but for something a little different, a little East Texas small school basketball tonight via our broadcast partners at The Eagle as the Onalaska Bobcats take on the Trinity Tigers in 23-2A action from Trinity this evening.

Join Ken Luck for all of the action beginning at 7:30 p.m. by clicking on the following link:

http://setxsports.com/index.php/broadcasts/live-games/livingston-lions-sports/1292-livingston-football

[quote name="davott" post="1162508" timestamp="1326933092"]
UT,  sorry about your claps but what team are you for.  [b]Trinity and New Waverly has beat most of your Dirty Dozen,[/b] just curious.
[/quote]

Well according to the schedules, this is how Trinity and New Waverly have done against teams in our Dirty Dozen poll:

Trinity (2-1)

East Chambers  66-62  W
Big Sandy  64-53  W
Goodrich  60-71  L

New Waverly (1-2)

Big Sandy  48-49  L
Kountze  57-86  L
Hardin  60-46  W

I wouldn't call that beating most of the top 12. In fact, that calculates to only beating a 4th of the teams (3 of 12). I believe that would be considered a "few", not "most". ;)

(combined the two are .500, 3-3) ;)

[quote name="no-look" post="1162522" timestamp="1326934368"]
Watched Trinity when they came to Huntington this year. They have a good team. I like their coach. He gets involved...lol
[/quote]

I like Trinity's coach as well. Watched them play against Lovelady in the 3rd place game at Lovelady tourney. They have a good team. Lovelady did beat them btw.

Pardon me. I was speaking for the northern most team.  We hit Hitchock pretty hard, Grapeland left although I admit they are not in your "AREA".  Scared Coldsprings.  Look we are not asking for anything we dont deserve but in this part of Texas please do not demean our teams by calling them "guts"  and I looked for every type of typo imaginable before rebutting. 

[quote name="davott" post="1162524" timestamp="1326934583"]
Pardon me. I was speaking for the northern most team.  We hit Hitchock pretty hard, Grapeland left although I admit they are not in your "AREA".  Scared Coldsprings.  Look we are not asking for anything we dont deserve but in this part of Texas please do not demean our teams by calling them "guts"  and I looked for every type of typo imaginable before rebutting.
[/quote]

I honestly believe that was a typo, was meant to say "guys".

You made the statement about beating "most" of the teams. I was just clarifying your statement.

A 56-47 loss to Coldspring may have been a scare, but that same Coldspring team's only loss is to Kountze. ;)

[quote name="davott" post="1162527" timestamp="1326934848"]
We have a superb Coach and we are proud of him. [b] AAW we will explain the Lovelady game after the season. [/b] Huntington as well as Splendora beat us no excuses.  The facts are we were 2 weeks out of football.  No disrespect to those teams.
[/quote]

I was at the game, watched every second of it right there at the score table. In fact was sitting within arms reach of the Trinity coach.

What is there to explain?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1162519" timestamp="1326934197"]
[quote author=davott link=topic=94392.msg1162508#msg1162508 date=1326933092]
UT,  sorry about your claps but what team are you for.  [b]Trinity and New Waverly has beat most of your Dirty Dozen,[/b] just curious.
[/quote]

Well according to the schedules, this is how Trinity and New Waverly have done against teams in our Dirty Dozen poll:

Trinity (2-1)

East Chambers  66-62  W
Big Sandy  64-53  W
Goodrich  60-71  L

New Waverly (1-2)

Big Sandy  48-49  L
Kountze  57-86  L
Hardin  60-46  W

I wouldn't call that beating most of the top 12. In fact, that calculates to only beating a 4th of the teams (3 of 12). I believe that would be considered a "few", not "most". ;)

(combined the two are .500, 3-3) ;)
[/quote] Splendora beat them in the BS tour.

I apologize we only defeated .666% of them.  Along with #4 Crockett , ranked Hitchcock at the time, #12 Grapeland 1A 1. Goodrich and Splendora did edge us out in the second week of the season.  Guys we just knock them down lower so you can move up a little.

[quote name="davott" post="1162582" timestamp="1326943532"]
I apologize we only defeated .666% of them.  Along with #4 Crockett , ranked Hitchcock at the time, #12 Grapeland 1A 1. Goodrich and Splendora did edge us out in the second week of the season.  Guys we just knock them down lower so you can move up a little.
[/quote]

Uh, Crockett, Hitchcock and Grapeland are not ranked in our Dirty Dozen poll.(they do not qualify for our poll because not considered an area team we cover) So Trinity has only defeated East Chambers and Big Sandy in our Dirty Dozen poll.

[quote name="davott" post="1162597" timestamp="1326946011"]
Dont worry AAW we're not coming in your ball yard till its time.  We were just stating that we are in between areas and dont ask for but earn our respect.  Thats why its called a forum and not the Bible, because we all have to discuss these issues.
[/quote]

But where are you getting that Trinity has defeated 67% of the teams in our Dirty Dozen poll?

I know exactly what teams we cover, just not sure how you come up with what you have claimed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder