CE King should be open

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
King was uncompetitive and classless the last few years under Wilson. He might've won a couple of state championships but I was not impressed with him at King.  King's better days are definitely behind them but he was no better than Malkowski and nowhere near as successful as Starnes.

I spoke to someone who would know. He said he hasn't heard anything about Wilson going to another school. I'm sure he will ask around and let me know what he finds out...

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1162148" timestamp="1326896125"]
A tweet from Dave Campbell's Texas Football: 

"Lydell Wilson (Hou. King) has taken the job at Katy Seven Lakes, and David Sine (Sonora) has taken the job at 3A Columbus."
[/quote]Hmm now my question is why? better offer? King wanting him to move on cause he couldn't or wouldn't discipline his players? And what I mean by that, kids not coming to practice or showing up late.<--- this was rumored to be happening during pre season and during the season.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1161716" timestamp="1326840832"]
King was uncompetitive and classless the last few years under Wilson. He might've won a couple of state championships but I was not impressed with him at King.  King's better days are definitely behind them but he was no better than Malkowski and nowhere near as successful as Starnes.
[/quote]

he won that state championship with tons of talent overall and 2 superstars win Jacquizz Rodgers (Heismann candidate) and his brother James, who was a stud as Oregon state as well. A lot of coaches would've done the same..... or so I hear. His record preceding and following the Rodgers Era kinda proves that.

its hard to fault Wilson too much for the attitudes and how classless his players are (not saying some of the blame doesn't rest on him).  CE King is a literal gang war zone.  I would be willing to bet that half of his team was/are still involved heavily in gangs.  I'm suprised every year that King is even able to field a team.  Wilson was probably looking to get out of there as soon as possible.  Its going to take a special person to win at King.

[quote name="aaronjm75" post="1162645" timestamp="1326977612"]
its hard to fault Wilson too much for the attitudes and how classless his players are (not saying some of the blame doesn't rest on him).  [b]CE King is a literal gang war zone.  I would be willing to bet that half of his team was/are still involved heavily in gangs. [/b] I'm suprised every year that King is even able to field a team.  Wilson was probably looking to get out of there as soon as possible.  Its going to take a special person to win at King.
[/quote] Thats sad.. I went to King long time ago.. Was a good school back then

King has some athletes but I don't think the administration has any kind of grip on that school over there.  The school is pretty rough.

It has such a strange mix of kids. It is about 60% Hispanic and 25% African American, and the few whites that are left are from the "Backwoods of Sheldon" and many would fit in nicely in a remake of Deliverance. 

King is a wealthy district though because of Lyondell (which is like 2 miles from Channelview HS) but still in the eastern corner of Sheldon ISD, so this will be a nice paying job and they have a separate A.D.

I don't know of any other 4A schools with only 1 HS in the school district that wastes their money on a stand-alone A.D.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1162820" timestamp="1326991090"]
King has some athletes but I don't think the administration has any kind of grip on that school over there.  The school is pretty rough.

It has such a strange mix of kids. It is about 60% Hispanic and 25% African American, and the few whites that are left are from the "Backwoods of Sheldon" and many would fit in nicely in a remake of Deliverance. 

King is a wealthy district though because of Lyondell (which is like 2 miles from Channelview HS) but still in the eastern corner of Sheldon ISD, so this will be a nice paying job and they have a separate A.D.

[b]I don't know of any other 4A schools with only 1 HS in the school district that wastes their money on a stand-alone A.D.[/b]
[/quote]Not sure i am understanding that comment.. But until Jerry Stewart retired from Head Football Coach last year, He was AD and Head Football Coach. And we only have one high school in the district.

Forgot that Dayton did that last year. King actually created the position and interviewed outside candidates as Sebo (their AD) was from Nimitz or somewhere around Aldine.

I'm just not sure why it's done. It's sure not the most frugal way to do things.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1162969" timestamp="1327007820"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=94373.msg1162820#msg1162820 date=1326991090]

[b]I don't know of any other 4A schools with only 1 HS in the school district that wastes their money on a stand-alone A.D.[/b]
[/quote]Not sure i am understanding that comment.. But until Jerry Stewart retired from Head Football Coach last year, He was AD and Head Football Coach. And we only have one high school in the district.
[/quote]

My understanding was that it was a 1 year deal and at a very low cost to the district.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1163277" timestamp="1327082897"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=94373.msg1162969#msg1162969 date=1327007820]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=94373.msg1162820#msg1162820 date=1326991090]

[/quote]

My understanding was that it was a 1 year deal and at a very low cost to the district.
[/quote]

He's talking about king. and i believe they still have an AD but no HC.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1162820" timestamp="1326991090"]

It has such a strange mix of kids. It is about 60% Hispanic and 25% African American, [u][b]and the few whites that are left are from the "Backwoods of Sheldon" and many would fit in nicely in a remake of Deliverance.  [/b] [/u] King is a wealthy district though because of Lyondell (which is like 2 miles from Channelview HS) but still in the eastern corner of Sheldon ISD, so this will be a nice paying job and they have a separate A.D.

I don't know of any other 4A schools with only 1 HS in the school district that wastes their money on a stand-alone A.D.
[/quote]

OR Livingston.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124