Coach Washington staying put at Central

WOSgrad

David Henry and Jared Ainsworth have just confirmed throught twitter reports that in a conversation with Central Head Football Coach Andrew Washington said that he will be returning for the 2012-23 season to coach the Jaguars and that he is hopeful that his assistants will return as well.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1159362" timestamp="1326499274"]
Good grief... Smh...
[/quote]

Isn't this the same staff that played over 5 mins of a quarter with 10 men on defense? They didn't realize it til the ref told them! I'm with you Soulja GOOD GRIEF....

Here goes the point the blame game once again.  NOW the excuse is the field house wasn't finished.  That's the reason we didn't have spring training and that's why we didn't do good.  West Brook didn't have a field house the entire season and they found a way to hold spring training and make the playoffs.  The excuse for losing to Humble last year in the playoffs was because he was quoted as saying we were 'outmanned'. The reason for the big losses in district was because of the loss of Robert Mitchell. Excuses were even made before the season was made saying it will be hard since we'll be so young, but I don't see that holding our basketball team back that START 3 freshmen.  Just once, I would like to see the blame themselves.  I've attended 90% of these games so I know where the blame should lie.  10 men on defense for 5 minutes in a shutout loss was just the cherry on the cake for me.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1159830" timestamp="1326548154"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=94202.msg1159827#msg date=1326547510]
Maybe a dumb question here but isn't this the same coach that brought em 3 rounds deep a few years ago?
[/quote]Yes.  That team was Donald Stower's leftover talent.  They were bound to be good no matter what.
[/quote]
K thanks lol.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1159828" timestamp="1326547789"]
While I'm thinking about it, if you read the article, He, himself confirmed that we will remeain at Central  I don't trust the words of the excuse master.  I want to hear this from his boss, Mr. Saveat since he will be the one making the decision.
[/quote]
Don't have a dog in this fight, but in my opinion, when it comes to boys basketball coaching in BISD, Central could do better and for that matter, Ozen could do better.  Now, I'll stay home and tend to my own business. 8)

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1159871" timestamp="1326554312"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94202.msg1159828#msg date=1326547789]
While I'm thinking about it, if you read the article, He, himself confirmed that we will remeain at Central  I don't trust the words of the excuse master.  I want to hear this from his boss, Mr. Saveat since he will be the one making the decision.
[/quote]
Don't have a dog in this fight, but in my opinion, when it comes to boys basketball coaching in BISD, Central could do better and for that matter, Ozen could do better.  Now, I'll stay home and tend to my own business. 8)
[/quote]Im talking about Rodney Saveat, the BISD athletic director, not Marquis Seveat, Ozen boys basetball head coach.  Rodney Seveat is the Central's Football Head coach's Boss. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1159947" timestamp="1326563526"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=94202.msg1159871#msg date=1326554312]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94202.msg1159828#msg date=1326547789]
[/quote]
[/quote]Im talking about Rodney Saveat, the BISD athletic director, not Marquis Seveat, Ozen boys basetball head coach.  Rodney Seveat is the Central's Football Head coach's Boss.
[/quote]
'Scuze me - I should have stayed out of it.  But, just saying about the basketball;  aren't they both better than that?

Coach Washington is a good guy but he cant coach as a HC ,his success was Coach Stowers leftover because 14 of the players signed scholarships that first year stowers left. This year group of kids were the freshmen from Stowers last year there. Coach Washington assistants were BISD teachers for many years and couldnt coach a state team for a million dollar bonus, all you have do is go watch them. How did Central win district 8 years in the roll track  and powerlifting titles with 4-5 players running 4.3 spd in the 40 and 3-4 running 4.5 and 4.6. Man you can bet Coach Stump or Coach Durley would have had 3-5 state championships in the last 7 years. All BISD concerns are the state tests to keep the money coming thats why BISD dont hire the best in any sport its the my cousin or hephew job, or who you know that gets the academic and athletic jobs.

[quote name="understand" post="1160249" timestamp="1326592460"]
Coach Washington is a good guy but he cant coach as a HC ,his success was Coach Stowers leftover because 14 of the players signed scholarships that first year stowers left. This year group of kids were the freshmen from Stowers last year there. Coach Washington assistants were BISD teachers for many years and couldnt coach a state team for a million dollar bonus, all you have do is go watch them. How did Central win district 8 years in the roll track  and powerlifting titles with 4-5 players running 4.3 spd in the 40 and 3-4 running 4.5 and 4.6. Man you can bet Coach Stump or Coach Durley would have had 3-5 state championships in the last 7 years. All BISD concerns are the state tests to keep the money coming thats why BISD dont hire the best in any sport its the my cousin or hephew job, or who you know that gets the academic and athletic jobs.
[/quote]

Ditto, If BISD every wants to see a State football title again, Thier going to have to get serious about football to, I mean everyone wants the good test scores and things, but Beaumont use to be the capital football of the world, and we cant even get to the state game anymore?? whats up with that?? we have to get in our pocket books and pull in the best coaching, cuz the athletes are here

[quote name="D3zii" post="1160483" timestamp="1326624175"]
Central had at least 3 that could have went to state
( 03,05,08 )

Once the right coach comes in that knows how to coach these type athletes, their will be more 4th and 5th round apperances, then just every blue moon, and  3rd round would be the norm..
[/quote]Preach on, Brother Jag!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami