Cleveland vs. Coldspring Game Thread/Coldspring wins 74-48!

WOSgrad

The Indians suffered a setback at the hands of the Csprings Trojans. It was an ugly game in more ways than the Indians performance. I still cant figure out why those in charge at Csprings thought two officials would be sufficent for this varsity boys contest. Given the history between these two schools that is a significant oversight, if thats what it was. I'm certainly not blaming the lose on the referees but it was a factor. I'm really on the officials side here becuase they were at a severe disadvantage being a man down. The hostile environment was a little to much for the young Indians. Not taking anything from the Trojans, but they are a good team at best. The Indians have played far better teams this season but most times at a neutral site and that makes a difference. Its just one game and the Indians will rebound. I also expect a much different game when we meet again in Cleveland. ROLL...TRIBE...ROLL!

Cleveland will have to find away to limit their turnovers and CS fast break points and layups if they plan on being competitive in the next matchup in Cleveland....

They didn't/don't seem capable of keeping CS guards (especially Sykes) from driving the lane time after time and getting easy looks at the basket....

Would like to go watch the rematch in Cleveland, however, after seeing a CS player get jumped by Cleveland fans in the parking lot I'm not sure I feel like having to deal with the same type of crap in Cleveland...I have no idea why anyone feels the need to fight before, during, or after a highschool athletic event...

There ought to be some type of extra punishment for anyone prosecuted and convicted of assault and battery at any type of school event that is held on a campus (kind of like the extra trouble one gets in if arrested with drugs inside a school zone)....

[quote name="MEM" post="1158407" timestamp="1326346766"]
Cleveland will have to find away to limit their turnovers and CS fast break points and layups if they plan on being competitive in the next matchup in Cleveland....

They didn't/don't seem capable of keeping CS guards (especially Sykes) from driving the lane time after time and getting easy looks at the basket....

Would like to go watch the rematch in Cleveland, however, after seeing a CS player get jumped by Cleveland fans in the parking lot I'm not sure I feel like having to deal with the same type of crap in Cleveland...I have no idea why anyone feels the need to fight before, during, or after a highschool athletic event...

There ought to be some type of extra punishment for anyone prosecuted and convicted of assault and battery at any type of school event that is held on a campus (kind of like the extra trouble one gets in if arrested with drugs inside a school zone)....
[/quote]
Every year Cleveland fans get crazy when H.J knocks them out of the playoffs. Liberty never competes with them, but this will be the year they may have a shot and it could get ugly. Same goes for Huffman, they have the same time of fan base that really gets into it, CS, Huffman, Liberty, and Cleveland are the only schools in our district where the crowd becomes a factory, but apparently Cleveland likes to take it to the next level. This wouldn't be the first time, a few years back there was a fight in Baytown when H.J knocked them out a Cleveland guard hopped into the stands in the 4th quarter, and after the game it escalated in the parking lot.

[/quote]I agree with your analysis of the Indian defense. Its been a problem all year. They lack discipline on defense. For the record, the altercation was started by a Coldsprings player, a member of the girls team at that. They're game was way worse than the boys. lol

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1158755" timestamp="1326403554"]
I agree with your analysis of the Indian defense. Its been a problem all year. They lack discipline on defense. For the record, the altercation was started by a Coldsprings player, a member of the girls team at that. They're game was way worse than the boys. lol
[/quote]

Yes, the behavior of the Coldspring girls (the 3 involved are siblings) was more than embarrassing and shouldn't have happened...There has been a coaching shake up due to the behavior exhibited the other night and hopefully the new coach can reel them in and keep it from happening again....Those three have been in altercations before...

As bad as the on court behavior is from time to time what bothers me more than anything is the stuff that spills over to the parking lot, etc...No excuse for that type of stuff....I understand tempers flaring during a hard fought game but adults and students not involved in the actual game fighting after shouldn't be allowed and should be punished severely so as to send a message that it won't be tolerated...

[/quote] It is a crime to fight on school ground that include the parking lot. All Cleveland folk are not bad.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1158819" timestamp="1326408794"]
It is a crime to fight on school ground that include the parking lot. All Cleveland folk are not bad.
[/quote]

I know it is and I'm just thinking that sometimes maybe it's not prosecuted like it should be, however, I could be wrong...

And yes I know not all Cleveland folk are bad....There's lots of good folk there just like everywhere else.. (including a coach who is related to current CS players)...It's just a shame when fans/students from either school act in a manner that is in very bad taste/sportsmanship....

Good luck in your upcoming games and hopefully the rematch will be better behavied on all sides...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder