A 3A statewide score of note

Guest speechless
Athens best player is currently not playing due to being involved this past weeks Army All-America game, it remains to be seen whether or not he will play this season

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ST413" post="1155939" timestamp="1325954519"]
That outcome isn't a big surprise to me. It may be a little more lopsided than I would giant l have thought. I am sure many of Madison's losses are to some of those strong Dallas teams.
[/quote]

They've played another really rough schedule this year. The losses, going from memory, have been to Frenship (top 10 4A), Lincoln (Who they split with.), 4A #1 Kimball who they lost to by 8 in Keith Frazier's first game for Kimball after transferring from Irving High, Plano West who is a top five team in 5A that they lost to by 4, Southlake Carroll in OT in the Flower Mound Tournament (Why they ever go to that tournament I'll never know.), seven point loss to Arlington Seguin (Top 10 4A with one of the best big men in the state that Kimball tried to get to transfer to them), and Arlington Grace Prep who has five high D1 players on the roster and is the best private school in the state.

This is probably the most athletic Madison team since the 1997 State Title team and is definitely the tallest. They've played the roughest schedule amongst 3A schools. They have a big game at #10 Hutch on Friday. They beat Ranchview by two on the road (Believe Ranchview is ranked #7 in 3A) last week in the toughest 3A district in the state. Roosevelt would be a playoff team in almost every other district. I said last year that this year's team and the one next year would be probably the best two teams they've fielded since 1997 and they've lived up to that I think. As good as they are, Region II is so rough that they might now even make the regional tournament depending upon who they draw in the playoffs. The 2009 State Champion might've had an easier road compared to what they have to face this year. They're set up pretty good for the next three years after this with the freshman SG that starts. He'll wind up being the best player Madison has ever had. He's that rare kid that gets it if that makes any sense.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124