GULF COAST CLASSIC THREAD/BARBERS HILL WINS THE TOURNAMENT!

WOSgrad

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1151662" timestamp="1325122867"]
Vista Ridge 53
Friendswood 33

#12 BH vs #6 Vista Ridge tomorrow at 2:30 for Gold Championship. Wife vs Husband. Yes the HC's for each team are married to each other!
[/quote]

Thanks HillGuy.
That should be very interesting.  Any pillow talk strategy?
Did the wife threaten the husband that if he wins, he has to sleep on the couch?  LOL!!!!!!
Ok Coach, you gotta take one for the team.
I don't think that I have ever heard, or seen a game where the spouses were the head coach and their teams played against each other.
Keep us posted on this one.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1152163" timestamp="1325197852"]
Uh oh, I know someone who'll be sleeping on the couch tonight!
[/quote]

Yeah, I tell ya, I'm not sure if anyone really wins in that situation but both coaches did a good job.  It was a heck of game.  Lots of back and forth between the teams and the "bigs" matchup was something to see.  Vanderbilt won out over Tulane today LOL.  BH was up by 9 with 3 min remaining and VR fought back.  Down by three, VR hits a 35 footer at the buzzer to put it into OT.  The home crowd was amazing though and stepped up big with noise at start of OT to stop the momentum shift.  Eagles came out with defensive vengance and forced a turnover early leading to basket that set the tone OT.  Two seniors hit critical freethrows as well to put it away in the end.  This breaks a long drought of winning the Classic at home and it was very sweet for a couple of seniors who came up just shy the last 3 years.  ;D

This was a GREAT Championship game......And what a great shot the VR player made to send this game into overtime-----sure brought everyone to their feet!!!!  Congrat's to BH for staying in there and getting the WIN.....

and i'm pretty sure, HE"S not over it yet, lol.....great job BH.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124