Class 3A, DII Champ Game Argyle vs. Wimberley/WIMBERLEY WINS STATE!

WOSgrad

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1147523" timestamp="1324077031"]
This game is driving me crazy.  Especially knowing one play here or there and we could have been in Dallas.  Both teams are playing outstanding defense.
[/quote]

Yep, CS definitely let one slip away...Texans made the plays down the stretch needed to win but if someone would've told me (immediately following last years state champ game) that CS could be back in the semi's in the 4th qtr with a 7 pt lead and the ball I take those odds all day long...Just wasn't to be..

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1147534" timestamp="1324078765"]
Wow, speaking of letting one slip away. Fumble through the end zone for the touchback, tough break for Argyle!
[/quote]

CS had the exact same thing happen last week in the first half against Wimberley...It helps to be a little lucky as well as good..I guess the flip side of the lucky argument would be that good things happen when you swarm to the ball and put a hat on the ball carrier....But the chances of the same team being the beneficiary of the same type of play two consecutive weeks this deep in the playoffs probably aren't real good...

Turnovers are crucial and none more than the ones that are inches away from being a score...

[quote name="MEM" post="1147539" timestamp="1324079281"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=93158.msg1147534#msg1147534 date=1324078765]
Wow, speaking of letting one slip away. Fumble through the end zone for the touchback, tough break for Argyle!
[/quote]

CS had the exact same thing happen last week in the first half against Wimberley...It helps to be a little lucky as well as good..I guess the flip side of the lucky argument would be that good things happen when you swarm to the ball and put a hat on the ball carrier....But the chances of the same team being the beneficiary of the same type of play two consecutive weeks this deep in the playoffs probably aren't real good...

Turnovers are crucial and none more than the ones that are inches away from being a score...
[/quote]

Absolutely, you have to be good but you also have to get the good break.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124