Preseason All Southeast Texas Team Pitchers and Catchers

JohnnyT60

These are our nominations so far.

Catcher: Ashley Boyd-WB, Christina Jacques-BC, Ashley Henk-Huffman, Katherine Grable-Kelly, Whitley Richards-LCM, Tiffany Weise-Warren, Courtney Howell-Lumberton, Lindsey Rossi-Nederland, Megan Neeley-Kirbyville, Delana Hamor-LCM.

Pitcher; Chandler Hall-BH, Kimber Bossom-Dayton, Beka Ragsdale-WOS, Brittany Godina-Kelly, Alex Mitchell-Lumberton, Shandi Connor-BC, Kristi Keller-Huffman, Monika Covington-Huffman, Katie Schumaker - WB, Erin May-LCM, Caroline McCelland-Silsbee, Christina Ratcliff-OF.

Time for nominations on Pitchers and Catchers.

Alex Mitchell and Chandler Hall are returning from last years team at Pitcher.

Ashley Boyd is the returning Catcher from last years team.

We will go to Infield Next Week.

Here is last years team.

MVP- Cody Trahan LCM

Newcomer of the Year- Alex Mitchell- Lumberton

Coach of the Year- Samara Bean – LCM

1B- Karlie Harrell – LCM

2B- Jenna Angelle- Bridge City

SS- Lauren Angelle- Bridge City, Erica Tindel- PNG

3B- Taylor Trojak- Nederland

C- Ashley Boyd- West Brook

OF- Stormie Thibodeaux- Silsbee, Mecaela Ballard – PNG, Amber Bryan LCM

Pitchers- Chandler Hall- Barbers Hill, Elena Clinton- Bridge City, Sam Cummings- Shepherd

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will throw out Caroline McCelland sr Silsbee. She was 2nd team Beamont Ent Gold team last year. First team all district pitcher and has a good stick. She pitched all games for Silsbee last year and did a heck of a job. Pitched great in a playoff lose that lasted 12 long innings. She is not a power strike out pitcher but does a great job of doing what is asked of her (location and movement).

Kristi Keller and Monika Covington of Huffman will be solid pitchers. Both are college signees.

Catcher' date=' Ashley Henk will be great player[/quote']

Yea Johonny T what it is Cuz? Throw some love over this way to the west and include my gilrs on some STUFF.

At pitcher, I'll ad Shandi Conner from BC. She has had VERY good stats (I am told - I can't provide numbers) for her Freshman and Sophomore years. The test will be - Can she carry us now as the #1?

I would like to ad Christina Jacques from BC at catcher, IF she ends up there again. The girl is a phenominal athlete, and what she lacks in catching skill and technique is made up for with athletecism. We'll really have to see where she plays this year to make this nomination "official".

The hard part of this is there is not a dominat pitcher in the area right now. There are a lot of good ones but not ones who can totally dominat a game. Before you had Bobbit from Vidor then Blythe from PNG then Verde from Kelly and then Trahan from LCM. Who will be next one of these girls to lead there teams to the State Championship Tournament or a State Championship. Who is next??????????????

At pitcher' date=' I'll ad Shandi Conner from BC. She has had VERY good stats (I am told - I can't provide numbers) for her Freshman and Sophomore years. The test will be - Can she carry us now as the #1?

I would like to ad Christina Jacques from BC at catcher, IF she ends up there again. The girl is a phenominal athlete, and what she lacks in catching skill and technique is made up for with athletecism. We'll really have to see where she plays this year to make this nomination "official".[/quote']

I would vote for Jacques, where ever she plays. Wait I don't like her, oh never mind that was last year and some uninformed igmo's opinion. :lol:

OK, I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

Pitcher - Erin May from LCM. A transfer from Diboll, I had my doubts at first, but after the past few weekends, there is no doubt she should be considered. She just manages to keep hitters off balance all game long!! She is for REAL!! But, I have to agree with Cheater, Bekka From WOS is a STUD ! (Man, that hurt!)

Catcher - Whitley Richards from LCM. She will be a Senior this year and she has worked extremely hard on her game. Her hitting is much better and the girl has some POP in her bat as well as a good arm.

Guest BreakerCoach

CC where are you? This is pitiful' date=' I am gone for almost two weeks and this all we have in the way of nominations/ You guys are letting me down.[/quote']

Let me try and help him JT ! Dont know why I have not seen this one yet!

Katie Schumaker - WB

Guest BreakerCoach

Hey BC in order to make a suggestion you have to actually get out and see some softball games. How can you make a pick when you haven't gotten out of the house all Fall?

Dont have to get out much to fiqure that one out ! 8)

Katie Shumaker is the real deal. I guess she doesn't get much attention because most of the WB ball is played against Houston area teams. She had 30k's last year in 2 games with the 21-5A powerhouse (Sterling).