Play or Not

no-look

[quote name="no-look" post="1133200" timestamp="1322442295"]
Your football teams in the playoffs and you have the option to play basketball or not.
[/quote]

I guess it matters to how many of the football players make up their basketball team.

If I remember correctly, just about the entire(10 of 13 players) Crockett basketball team from last year was made up of football players. I am assuming this year to be the same.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1133214" timestamp="1322442736"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=92314.msg1133200#msg1133200 date=1322442295]
Your football teams in the playoffs and you have the option to play basketball or not.
[/quote]

I guess it matters to how many of the football players make up their basketball team.

If I remember correctly, just about the entire(10 of 13 players) Crockett basketball team from last year was made up of football players. I am assuming this year to be the same.
[/quote]Probally the same this year but their jv is is probally almost as good.  lol

This is the age old football vs. basketball question. Play!!! They're kids and it's part of the high school experience. Besides, when you're 17 - 18 years old you should be able to go all day and twice that on Sunday. Staying in shape all year long is the ticket to success....there is no off season....and cross training is a good thing.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1133528" timestamp="1322497168"]
This is the age old football vs. basketball question. Play!!! They're kids and it's part of the high school experience. Besides, when you're 17 - 18 years old you should be able to go all day and twice that on Sunday. Staying in shape all year long is the ticket to success....there is no off season....and cross training is a good thing.
[/quote]

I think you missed no-look's point with this thread. He is asking should a school cancel a basketball game if their football team is still in the playoffs. Some schools (many small schools) have basically their entire varsity basketball team playing football, so many times they do not have enough players to field a basketball team until football season is over.

There have been several basketball games canceled the last couple of weeks because a school's football team is still in the playoffs. In no-look's case, Crockett, who is still in the playoffs and most of it's varsity basketball team plays football, canceled their game with Huntington(no-look's team) for tomorrow night. Huntington got a replacement game with Broaddus.

Some argue to just let jv and freshman players play those varsity basketball games until football is over. If 80% of your varsity basketball team is made up of football players (very common in small schools) then I really don't see the point in playing those jv freshmen players against someone's varsity team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami