Coldspring-Oakhurst vs. West Orange-Stark

Trigger

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1136080" timestamp="1322719386"]
[quote author=2% Milk link=topic=92269.msg1136073#msg1136073 date=1322717586]
32 pages and we still have 2 days till the game  :o
[/quote]

Yeah, but both sides are gonna have to pick up the pace to even put this thread in the Top 10 for replies and as far a Top 10 in views?  Fogeddaboudit!!!!!
[/quote]Will it beat the infamous the hill is for real thread?

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TROJAN92" post="1136003" timestamp="1322708998"]
While driving north today on I-45 I passed a herd
Of Mustages all being rode by Trojans. They appear to be
Going toward Dallas.
[/quote]

That's funny and I'm a Mustang fan.  ;D

My predictions on the game: This thread may not make the top ten in all time high post's...But I bet after the game is played." THE INFAMOUS REASON WHY WE LOST THREAD" Has an excellent chance, filled with all your favorites... we fumbled too much,bad refs,bad coaching,too many penalties,jock strap too tight, wrong flavor of gator ade in cooler...and countless others you have grown to Love.... ;D ;D

** Solely for entertainment and amusement purpose's only..Educational value less than 2%....Good Luck To Both Teams..

Back on subject.
I know Coldspring has one of the best defense in 3A.I know the saying "defense wins champonships" but I'm here to tell ya that ain't always so.We have gone into big games with top rank defenses and got spanked.A well prepared offensive game plan can defeat a good defense.You walk away  shaking your head wondering how could a team do that to our defense.Just saying... ;)
GO MUSTANGS

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1136115" timestamp="1322745754"]
Back on subject.
I know Coldspring has one of the best defense in 3A.I know the saying "defense wins champonships" but I'm here to tell ya that ain't always so.[b]We have gone into big games with top rank defenses and got spanked[/b].A well prepared offensive game plan can defeat a good defense.You walk away  shaking your head wondering how could a team do that to our defense.Just saying... ;)
GO MUSTANGS
[/quote]

Boy thats no joke!!  Ennis is the first one that comes to mind....

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1136120" timestamp="1322747071"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=92269.msg1136115#msg1136115 date=1322745754]
Back on subject.
I know Coldspring has one of the best defense in 3A.I know the saying "defense wins champonships" but I'm here to tell ya that ain't always so.[b]We have gone into big games with top rank defenses and got spanked[/b].A well prepared offensive game plan can defeat a good defense.You walk away  shaking your head wondering how could a team do that to our defense.Just saying... ;)
GO MUSTANGS
[/quote]

[/quote]

Paris, Wimberley, ce-king(3 in a row) etc.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1136120" timestamp="1322747071"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=92269.msg1136115#msg1136115 date=1322745754]
Back on subject.
GO MUSTANGS
[/quote]

[/quote]

And PARIS.Coach T couldn't beleive they ran that sweep on us all day with perfection.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TRUE GUNHO.we mustangs should know about that for sure take a look backi am not sure of the (YEARS) the mustangs came into BIG games with the #1 (D) in the STATE and ranked in the top 1o in the country-------------------WE LOST. we lost becouse the coaching staff of this team out smarted  us in a BIG  way lets see what happens friday night BABY ITS GOING TO BE COLD      PS GUNHO  call me

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1136107" timestamp="1322743845"]
My predictions on the game: This thread may not make the top ten in all time high post's...But I bet after the game is played." THE INFAMOUS REASON WHY WE LOST THREAD" Has an excellent chance, filled with all your favorites... we fumbled too much,bad refs,bad coaching,too many penalties,jock strap too tight, wrong flavor of gator ade in cooler...and countless others you have grown to Love.... ;D ;D

**  Good Luck To Both Teams..
[/quote]

Of all the predictions I sure hope neither fans do that.

[quote name="td" post="1136164" timestamp="1322749391"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=92269.msg1136107#msg1136107 date=1322743845]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok td I'll modify it... ;)

[quote name="skipper" post="1136141" timestamp="1322748036"]
WE LOST. we lost becouse the coaching staff of this team out smarted  us in a BIG  way [/quote]

CS might get beat because of lack of execution but I doubt it'll have anything to do with outsmarting Def Cord. Morrison...I've seen plenty of coaches and he's about as detail oriented and focused as they come....He'll have the scheme and game plan in place...He knows WOS too well for them to pull any rabbits out of the hat...It'll just be up to the players to execute it....

Lots of time you can have the right coverage/play called but still not be successful due to someone just being better than you on that play...That's the beauty of the game...

It should be a fun chess match to watch...

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1136167" timestamp="1322749558"]
[quote author=td link=topic=92269.msg1136164#msg1136164 date=1322749391]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=92269.msg1136107#msg1136107 date=1322743845]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok td I'll modify it... ;)
[/quote]

Oh don't modify it for me. The only part I disagree with is how many pages. It will happen, no doubt. Every team has those types of fans. I just think for the most part WOS and Coldsprings fans have conceded the fact that the other team is very good and probably just as good. therefore, I'm in hopes that we remember that and accept the outcome for what it is.  ;D

I'm very torn between who I hope wins this game. WOS has always been a very good program here in Southeast Texas and one that Newton has never beat. Very well coached, a lot of tradition, and talent. Would also be a very good representative of the area to advance in the playoffs.
Coldsprings on the other hand is coached by one of our own that not only wore the purple and white for Newton, but his Dad was the one that put Newton football on the map with the winning traditions we now enjoy. I love that tradition.
Hence the problem. There are no ties in the playoffs, so let me say a 1 point win in a hard fought contest would be as close to perfect as I could want. I just can't say which team I would prefer to have that 1 point! So good luck to both teams and schools and play hard and let the winner represent us all here in Southeast Texas as the playoffs progress!! :)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1136107" timestamp="1322743845"]
we fumbled too much,bad refs,bad coaching,too many penalties[/quote]

I understand the sentiment, however, a couple of those could very well be valid reasons for a loss....Turnovers as well as penalties are big equalizers...I think it really depends how the game plays out..

I don't believe all penalties and turnovers are created equal....I don't consider a legit holding penalty that takes away a td the same as a personal foul or something stupid that negates a play or takes a team out of good scoring position, etc...

I think some fumbles are the results of great defensive effort and others are just simply being careless with the ball...I know it really doesn't make much difference at the end of the day but that's just personally how I tend to look at it...

I do agree though that all too often excuses are made instead of crediting the other teams effort and play...

[quote name="MEM" post="1136197" timestamp="1322751508"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=92269.msg1136141#msg1136141 date=1322748036]
WE LOST. we lost becouse the coaching staff of this team out smarted  us in a BIG  way [/quote]

CS might get beat because of lack of execution but I doubt it'll have anything to do with outsmarting Def Cord. Morrison...I've seen plenty of coaches and he's about as detail oriented and focused as they come....He'll have the scheme and game plan in place...He knows WOS too well for them to pull any rabbits out of the hat...It'll just be up to the players to execute it....

Lots of time you can have the right coverage/play called but still not be successful due to someone just being better than you on that play...That's the beauty of the game...

It should be a fun chess match to watch...
[/quote]

Good post.At then of the day it's going to be about who executed best and who can overcome their mistakes.

Last Friday the WOS coaches had to scout CS AND Lorena the WHOLE game. But Saturday the CS coaches had to scout WOS and Bullard just the 1st half and only WOS the 2nd half. That should be another small advantage for CS. (about 1% if that) Maybe all we need!

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1136241" timestamp="1322754257"]
Last Friday the WOS coaches had to scout CS AND Lorena the WHOLE game. But Saturday the CS coaches had to scout WOS and Bullard just the 1st half and only WOS the 2nd half. That should be another small advantage for CS. (about 1% if that) Maybe all we need!
[/quote]

That would surprise me. My guess is both of these teams have more than one game film on the other. Probably way more useful than just live scouting. I will agree that 1% advantage may be enough for either team.

[quote name="td" post="1136264" timestamp="1322755627"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=92269.msg1136241#msg1136241 date=1322754257]
[/quote]

That would surprise me. My guess is both of these teams have more than one game film on the other. Probably way more useful than just live scouting. I will agree that 1% advantage may be enough for either team.
[/quote]

I would kinda suspect that game film of the BC-CS game would be available.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami