LORENA VS. COLDSPRING BROADCAST/TONIGHT at 5:30 pm! COLDSPRING ADVANCES 13-7!!!

WOSgrad

Ok here is something that cs and wos fans.  Both teams are not very strong up front offensively.  The difference is between the two offensively thoughout the season is cold spring scored alot and wos didnt.  i do think wos is playing better offensively in the playoffs right now but they are also playing much weaker teams in the playoffs than they did during their  pre district and district games.  Cs is playing much tuffer opponenets then wos in playoffs but who really cares cuz they are both getting wins.  Both teams strong suit is there defense.  Both d's are fast and physical, both run the same type of scheme and are similar in sum areas.  Both sets of inside backers are fierce.  I still give the edge to the cs defense.  I would think that both d's have improved since district. I know when cleveland played wos they scored 14  in the first half on and then got shut out in the 2nd.  When they played cs I thought they had 3 first downs the whole game.  take that with a grain of salt but I'm going to take it as the trojan defense is better, so my edge goes to cs!! I hope wos beats bullard so the 22-3a vs 21-3a showdown takes place next week!   

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="venom33" post="1130571" timestamp="1322276121"]

if wos is blessed enough to make it to next week and cs beats us then you will have been the better team and i can guarantee you there will be a long line of wos faithful on here giving you congrats! however, your playoff run so far doesnt give any indication that you are...
[/quote]

Venom33...pay close attention while I attempt to educate you, especially the last number.

[move][size=24pt]Coldspring 13 - 0[/size][/move]

By the way just what position do you play for WOS?

Guest beechnut
[quote name="jnunn" post="1130728" timestamp="1322282940"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=92194.msg1130571#msg1130571 date=1322276121]

if wos is blessed enough to make it to next week and cs beats us then you will have been the better team and i can guarantee you there will be a long line of wos faithful on here giving you congrats! however, your playoff run so far doesnt give any indication that you are...
[/quote]

Venom33...pay close attention while I attempt to educate you, especially the last number.

[/quote]

LOLVenom is one of the few form WOS that makes a fool of himself wheh opens his gap. Good majority of the guys from WOS are way cool and know their football. venom is the yell leader that never hit the field.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1130741" timestamp="1322283839"]

LOLVenom is one of the few form WOS that makes a fool of himself wheh opens his gap. Good majority of the guys from WOS are way cool and know their football. venom is the yell leader that never hit the field.
[/quote]

To be honest I am glad you put me up to speed..I was really ashamed of myself for being drawn in on a silly battle of words. THe game will speak for it's self. I will just have to stick to stats and facts. Thanks

The 5 Trojan turnovers make this game a lot closer than it should have been.
• Sherman Gilbert rushed for 305 yards and two touchdowns as the Coldspring Trojans downed Lorena 13-7.
• Gilbert scoring runs went for 42 and 69 yards.
• Coldspring has now allowed just 21 total points in three playoff games.
• Trojans have limited nine opponents to a touchdown or less.

Lorena Coldspring
Total yards 158 396
First downs 9 14
Rushes/Yds 25/70 50/374
Average rush 2.8 7.48
Comp/Atts 10/22/2 1/8/4
Pass yards 88 22
Comp pct             45.45 12.5
Punts               6  3
Punting Yards 225 94
Punting Average 37.5 31.33
Fumbles/Lost 3/3 1/1
Penalties-yards 2-15 6-50

[quote name="jnunn" post="1130728" timestamp="1322282940"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yell leader!  ;)

[quote name="beechnut" post="1130741" timestamp="1322283839"]
[quote author=jnunn link=topic=92194.msg1130728#msg1130728 date=1322282940]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

im not sure how i made a fool of myself or said anything negative?  my comment was "[b]your playoff [/b] run so far doesnt give any indication that you are.." i think thats a fair statement without being demeaning.

thanks again beech for the kind words!  :-*  if wos does get the opportunity to play cs maybe you and i could share a coke and a smile!  ;)

CS Defense deserves huge props and continues to play relentless football.. Great scheme and execution by the CS D and coaches.. Great effort from Gilbert tonight..over 300 yards rushing, good shit..CS had too many spoiled oppurtunities in the redzone.. Gotta punch it in.. I PRAY TO THE LORDS ABOVE WOS TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS SO THIS GAME CAN HAPPEN.. MUST SEE TV.. AND CS WILL SHOW THESE WOS POSTERS THEY ARE FOR REAL.. NO FLUKE, NO THE DISTRICT IS WEAK AND NO COMPETITION, NO OVERHYPE OR OVERRATED....JUST A HARDNOSED, TOUGH, SWARMING FOOTBALL TEAM THAT CAN WIN GAMES AND WISH US LUCK MOVING FORWARD AS WOS GETS READY FOR LAYUP LINES AND JUMPERS!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Lorena did fumble a ball into the endzone after taking a nasty hit from the D...It wasn't as if the Lorena player was just walking into the endzone and fumbled on his own...He got a hat laid on the ball and coughed it up....A Lorena player also took a pretty good shot the very play before (the fumble) on 3rd or 4th down (don't remember which) and one...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83