HBU to join Southland

Guest beechnut

Not basing it on that one game you bunch of idiots!!! ;D ;D ;D

That comment was all in good fun also!!!!

Of all the schools in the SLC, HBU likely has the best recruiting base other than UTA!!!!!  Now that they are adding football, they will be able to get good kids.  Just like UTSA has been able to do, even though they are moving to the WAC!!!

Have any of you ever been on HBU campus????  It is very nice, it is small, but very nice.  There facilities will be as well.  I agree about there current gym.  I know of 20 area high schools that have nicer gyms!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1126684" timestamp="1321913388"]
Not basing it on that one game you bunch of idiots!!! ;D ;D ;D

That comment was all in good fun also!!!!

[b]Of all the schools in the SLC, HBU likely has the best recruiting base other than UTA!!!!!  Now that they are adding football, they will be able to get good kids.  Just like UTSA has been able to do, even though they are moving to the WAC!!!
[/b]
Have any of you ever been on HBU campus????  It is very nice, it is small, but very nice.  There facilities will be as well.  I agree about there current gym.  I know of 20 area high schools that have nicer gyms!!!!
[/quote]

HBU's recruiting base is also one of Lamar's prime recruiting bases, along with every other school in the state.  How does that help Lamar and the SLC as a whole?  The Louisiana schools in the SLC can't find enough talent because there's so many FCS and FBS schools in that state. With UTA thinking about starting up football in a few years the same thing could happen in Texas.

So the new SLC enrollments (from the latest media guides)

1. Sam Houston State (17,214)
2. Southeastern Louisiana (15,414)
3. Lamar (14,522)
4. Stephen F. Austin (12,845)
5. Central Arkansas (11,444)
6. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (10,200)
7. Northwestern State (9,191)
8. McNeese State (8,900)
9. Nicholls State (6,404)
10. Oral Roberts (3,200)
11. Houston Baptist (2,198)

SLC losing
Texas State (34,113)
UT-Arlington (33,778)
UT-San Antonio (31,114)

Incarnate Word would be a  better pick up than HBU---I've read they are wanting to join the SLC in a couple of years

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/UIW-s-football-goal-Division-I-2175261.php

-they are wanting to move up
-have nicer facilities--nothing enormous, but nice
-major growth in last decade , up to 8,000 undergrads
-[b]Owner of the N.O. Saints is a major booster[/b]
-they actually have fans

Guest beechnut
I watched a d-3 school beat HBU by the name of ETBU. Tonight on the local news they announced football is coming starting next July. I talked to some folks out there last week and their numbers are down so where is Dr Sloan getting the money? Where are they going to play the football games Tully?  :o

[quote name="beechnut" post="1126823" timestamp="1321922083"]
I watched a d-3 school beat HBU by the name of ETBU. Tonight on the local news they announced football is coming starting next July. I talked to some folks out there last week and their numbers are down so where is Dr Sloan getting the money? Where are they going to play the football games Tully?  :o
[/quote] Delmar Stadium ;)

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1126810" timestamp="1321921108"]
Incarnate Word would be a  better pick up than HBU---I've read they are wanting to join the SLC in a couple of years

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/UIW-s-football-goal-Division-I-2175261.php

-they are wanting to move up
-have nicer facilities--nothing enormous, but nice
-major growth in last decade , up to 8,000 undergrads
-[b]Owner of the N.O. Saints is a major booster[/b]
-they actually have fans
[/quote]
Another thing the SLC should have considered is Texas A&M CC.  Their closest home games are now Sam and Lamar.  Every road game is a long bus ride.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83